Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 21:52:23
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [ > - >>> ]
If you had a million! Started by: Rowley on Aug 07, '20 06:51

pay off the mortgage and invest for me. you could soon waste a million and have little to show for it

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

stick it in a medium risk  managed general investment account and watch the power of compound interest work its magic. 

Report Post Tip

Some would be put aside for rainy days, most of it would be put in my trading account, more money on hand means less movements are required on the stock chart inorder to close the trade and make a profit.
And also a lot of cocaine.. pure uncut cocaine and some speed.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

If I had a million, after taking care of my family, if I had anything left I would probably buy me a fancy new record player. 

Makes me think of the bare naked ladies song. Really corny.

but - I’m old. Likely pay off my house and truck, buy a vacation property in the US and I’m not sure there’s money left for much else. 

Report Post Tip
If I had a $1 million dollars I would payoff my bills. Then I’d buy some dividend paying stocks. For the first 5 years I’d keep buying more stock for a future income. Then I’d retire and enjoy my life.
Report Post Tip
i would buy a sausage roll and then probably look at buying a new shed.

Then go to the airport and pick a flight to somewhere and wing it for a couple of weeks with just a back pack
Report Post Tip
I would send the wife back to school and retire myself and start looking for really nice fishing spots and of course golf courses to play on.
Report Post Tip
A million dollars (in U.S.A currency) really wouldn’t make a huge difference in your life unless you invested it all and got really lucky. What I would do, and probably the best thing to do with that amount of money is to put it low risk investments for retirement. You’d need at least three million before you could even start to talk about spending foolishly.
Report Post Tip

I would invest it in some real estate and buy some shares and keep 10% of it for my self.

Report Post Tip

History suggests that if I was given a million, I’d most likely make a long series of ill considered decisions. I’d spend over half of it in a deluded daydream of bottomless excess. I’d then realise I had less than a quarter left and begin being much more frugal. By this time however, the incredible momentum of ongoing costs attached to my previous spending, would wipe off the remaining funds and leave me standing. The great boulder of debt would roll over me like I was some kind of paralysed Indiana Jones. 

Report Post Tip

i would be a new house with land and new cars for me and my husband. and i would put college money in an account for my daughter

Report Post Tip

Pay off all debt, pay for my kid's college and donate the rest, probably to St Jude. 

Report Post Tip

If I had a million dollars I would invest in a business that could double my money within two - three years.  Then repeat it until I had enough money for my family to enjoy.  

Report Post Tip
I would pay off all debt including my mortgage and then would totally go on vacation for an extended period of time. To somewhere warm, very warm
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I wouldn't buy anything, besides all you get is 2 metres of land.

It depends on what age you get the money. If you're still young ok, if the money comes at 70 or 80 all you do is sitting on a sofa and watch tv.

If we get the first scenario, i would travel the world until i spend every dollar/euro etc. 

Report Post Tip
Had made my nearest friends and family totally out of disaster against loans and then taking them to a weekends vacation with everyting included.
Report Post Tip

Paying the mortgage off would be the first phone call I would make.

Then I'm taking the family abroad for a decent 2-3 week holiday. I wouldn't go crazy buying a 250k car or anything like that. Would be nice to live mostly off the interest.

Honestly, I'd pay off my current mortgage first, and then probably throw what I can at my parent's mortgage as well. Not going to wipe both out completely probably, but it would help a whole hell of a lot.

If I had a million I'd stick it into an appropriate Savings account, then I'd live a modest life off the interest until an early retirement age (I rather enjoy my job so wouldn't want to quit), then have the best retirement I could!

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: If you had a million!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL