Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 06:57:59
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Favorite song from the 80s?? Started by: LudariusCane on Dec 05, '20 22:57

I'm not an 80s child but I have heard some great things about the 80s, especially the music arena. Care to share? 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
The 80’s were terrible, particularly the music.
Tho I suppose there was some exceptions.
It is after all, the decade that gave us... MANOWAR!,

https://youtu.be/T6zOT3IZ90U
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Well for me who is born in the end of the 80's I honestly can't say a specific song or band that is great, but I love almost all of it. I have albums with songs from the 80's and I love most of them. I will put on songs here as soon as I remember them all, but for now I want to mention Michael Jackson.. He has several songs in the 80's that's not just good, but amazing. Just to mention a few: Beat It, Thriller, Billie Jean... And Earth Song we won't even go into, because that one is just.. Wow for me.

Report Post Tip

Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money. Maybe? it's a catchy tune. The 80's were full of garbage music for sure. Pop music has always been garbage though... 

I like The Cars, so maybe something by them?

Report Post Tip
Summer Of '69
Song by Bryan Adams

This is un questionably the best song made is the 80s. Such a great song!
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Probably a tie for me between Just Like Heaven (The Cure, 1987) and Tainted Love (Soft Cell, 1982).

Marilyn Manson did a cover of Tainted Love in 2001 that I thought was pretty cool, too. 

There were alot of great songs In the 80's.   I liked Darling Nikki from Prince purple rain album.  

Report Post Tip

It's almost impossible to pick a favourite! The 80s was a decade of amazing music, esp so many epic ballads. Anything by Bon Jovi and Aerosmith. One of my all-time faves is I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkK8g6FMEXE

Dude the 80's had some great musics, for me one that stands out is "Another one bites the dust - Queens" they had some great music in that year

Report Post Tip

i have to say "Crazy Train '' by ozzy osbourne but i all so love the band queen all music is great 

Report Post Tip
Being born mid-80s and having older brothers and sisters theres a lot memorable songs but one that always sticks in my head is once in a lifetime by the talking heads. Its a strange but very catchy song... but seriously in a decade with the cure, joy division, r.e.m, U2, the smiths, the cult etc all on top form whats not to love.
Report Post Tip
Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order is my all-time favorite song. My parents would just blast it on the stereo whenever we’d take roadtrips when I was a kid, that never happens now so I think it makes me miss those simpler times in life. Take on Me by a-ha is also a song that triggers happy memories, my college friends and I would make covers of old songs ironically but we ended up unironically liking that one more than the others :)

80s had alot of great songs. I couldn't narrow it down to just one song! That would be madness (I really hope people get that joke)

If I had to just pick a few off the top of my head then 

Girls just want to have fun by Cindy lauper 

Billie Jean by Micheal Jackson 

Wake me up before you go wham

I could list so many more but 80s was an elite time for music

Report Post Tip

Gotta go along with SavageEagle here.  "Crazy Train" was a beast and got millions of kids into metal, leading to an explosion in the genre which is still used as an influence by many bands today.

Report Post Tip

Oh the 80s didn't have totally bad music.  
I've  had a lot of fun with this song

Girls Just Want To Have Fun

Song by Cyndi Lauper

Report Post Tip

The Message by Grandmaster Flash. It's the first song in hiphop to talk about how bad the slums are and he does so in such a beautiful yet gruesome way; he paints a beautiful dichotomy. Of course, hiphop doesn't sound like that nowadays, so it might not be for everyone, but do listen to the words and what Flash is saying. 

Report Post Tip

1979, but close enough.... heart of glass by blondie for sure. too many memories of mine just go with it and is clearly still relevant today... thanks miley 

Report Post Tip

Now ya can't talk about 80's music without talking about Punk music. 

Chickenshit conformist like your parents....

Chickenshit Conformist.Dead Kennedy's

Or Trent Reznor (pre 1990's pre NIN) 

Exotic Birds - "No Communication"

He was one of the first artists to use computers to make his videos.

Report Post Tip

1. Runnin' With The Devil - Van Halen

2. Sweet Child O Mine - Guns N Roses

3. Livin' On a Prayer - Bon Jovi

4. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake

5. Photograph - Def Leppard

6. Round and Round - Ratt

7. Shout At The Devil - Motley Crue

8. Metal Health (Bang Your Head) - Quiet Riot

9. Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions

10. Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard

11. What It Takes - Aerosmith

12. Welcome To The Jungle - Guns N Roses

13. Looks That Kill - Motley Crue

14. Tell Me What You Want - Zebra

15. Panama - Van Halen

16. Foolin' - Def Leppard

17. Eyes of a Stranger - Queensryche

18. 18 & Life - Skid Row

19. No One Like You - Scorpions

20. Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

Rebel Yell by Billy Idol...because in the midnight hour, she cried more, more, more...with a rebel yell. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Favorite song from the 80s??
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL