Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 01:16:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Favorite song from the 80s?? Started by: LudariusCane on Dec 05, '20 22:57

Was in my teens in the late 80s and was a lot of music I enjoyed and still do from that era. Recently been listening to the soundtrack from the film called 'The Lost Boys'. Some great songs on there like Good Times by INXS - Don't let the sun go down on me by Roger Daltry and many other feel-good tunes! 

Report Post Tip

If you're into 80s rock, do yourself a favor and listen to Nada Personal and Signos, both albums from Soda Stereo too. Masterpieces.

Report Post Tip

There are way too many good songs from the 80s but one of my favorites is:

Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cindi Lauper

*even had my ringtone set to it a few years ago* 

Report Post Tip

Night Train - Guns n Roses

Orion / Damage Inc. - Metallica

Add it Up - Violent Femmes

Hey - Pixies

Vamos- Pixies

Negative Creep - Nirvana

Revelations - Iron Maiden

I'll stop ...this list would be very lengthy...

Report Post Tip

The 80’s weren’t so bad they had Michael Jackson’s Beat it and Billie Jean.  Prince – When Doves fly.

Whitney Houston was on the charts.  There were some good artists out there around that time.

Report Post Tip
I was born in ‘82 so I was mostly watching Sesame Street through the ‘80’s. I think The Wedding Singer hit most of the awkwardness of the 80’s. The mullets, the tight n brite clothes, the hairdos and the attitude.

Favourite song? Probably Welcome to the Jungle. Lonely is the night by Billy Sauier is one that I like too.
Report Post Tip
When you mention the 80's, there are so many genres in that decade. Pop, glam rock/hair bands,late 80s intro to grunge and alternative, the list goes on. As a Queen fanboy, I have to mention the "A Kind of Magic", one of the two best movie soundtracks. (The other, Young Guns 2 came out in 90.) Modern English's "Melt with you" has one of the greatest lines (I took a pilgrimage to save the human race, never comprehending the race had long gone by). Michael Jackson, Poison, Def Leppard, Guns 'N Rose's, Billy Joel, Weird Al, the list is far to long to be a comprehensive one.
Report Post Tip

Funnily enough, me and the mrs were listening to some 80s stuff last night.  Our taste in music is very different, though...I remember listening to a lot of Queen, INXS, Duran Duran, Whitesnake and Bon Jovi in the 80s.  I guess if I had to pick a couple of stand out tunes that still sound great, they'd be:

Blue Monday 1988 - New Order

Don't Change - INXS.

Report Post Tip
Broken Wings - Mr Mister. Beautifull song and still one of my favorite songs EVER.
Takes me back to my younger years. Alot of 80s music is good for me :)
Report Post Tip
I think it was the 80s but Paul Simon s Graceland album will always hold a special place in my heart
Report Post Tip

nice choice Grisella but the Stone Roses elephant stone came out in 1989 and i still listen to it at least once a week.

special mention should go to strangeways here we come by the Smiths, Killing an Arab by the cure and Purple Rain by Prince.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I wear my sun glasses at night. It's by Cory hart or something I think. Love van Halen though and tons of other's. Guns and roses, bon Jovi, def leopard 🐆
Report Post Tip
Soooo many great songs mentioned.

My absolute favourite is Sweet Child O Mine. But I could spend all day listing 80s songs I love.
Report Post Tip
OMD - If You Leave
https://youtu.be/EPmTGFg06zA

Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me
https://youtu.be/CdqoNKCCt7A

My favorite would be Anything Anything by Dramarama.
https://youtu.be/SexLqob64pw
Report Post Tip

Struggled to get into music in the 80s but I agree with Elephant Stone. If I’m being particularly picky, the extended version rather than the single version.

Bomb the Bass though, my absolute fav. Megablast was the best of their stuff.

Report Post Tip

My first ever favourite song was Wake Me Up Before you Go Go by Wham and also just love Cyndi Lauper, Girls Just want to have fun

Report Post Tip

Alot of the music I liked then depended on the movies.  So sound tracks for St Elmos Fire, Can't buy me Love, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Pretty in Pink, Varsity Blues, Footloose, Less than zero, Karate Kid...

This list is endless!  It was the birth of MTV lol

Report Post Tip

An excellent shout there ratsokar!

Yes, I forget that the stone roses just snuck into that decade. An all time favourite band of mine.

Good enough to have taken over the world!

Report Post Tip

Having grown up in the 80's it's a tough call what would be my favorite. That was the music I grew up on and played all through my college years. Some favorite artists though would be Queen, Aerosmith and of course Fleetwood Mac. My kids still laugh at me for listening to the oldies stations  but I can't get enough of it!

Report Post Tip

well i personally think the 80's was not the best for music but it's all a matter of taste ofc .. was a few good songs however not sure i could rate too many as being among my favorites but perhaps

Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five " the message "   and

Joe Dolce " Shaddap You Face "

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Favorite song from the 80s??
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL