Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 07:25:20
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Favorite song from the 80s?? Started by: LudariusCane on Dec 05, '20 22:57
I grew up listening to Oldies with my parents so the 80’s music is something I love. I enjoy listening to the Bar-Kay’s, Zapp and Roger all those groups/artists. One of my all time favorite songs is https://youtu.be/W6F_qjT1Y8A

This will forever remind me of my childhood and my parents
Report Post Tip

I know it's a bit earlier that '80, but I'd say Imagine of John Lennon.

Hell it's 40 years since we lost him and I wasn't even born yet.

Report Post Tip
I was a teenager in the 80,s and was a huge Judas Priest fan. Like many here have said, the 80’s were not a great decade for music. There were exceptions. U2, REM, and Guns and Roses come to mind. Overall, though, the 90’s were much better.
Report Post Tip

I always liked songs from joachim witt- Probably not known outside of Germany here but he had great songs with good lyrics.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I dont remember is it exactly from the 80's but I fucking love The Whitesnake - Is This Love, ofcourse theres more of them but my head doesnt remembers anything much sadly :/

I'm only here to say that vim_fuego is not and will never be as metal as me. 

My favorite band from the 80s was the Red Hot Chili Peppers, my favorite song would have to be Under the Bridge by them

Report Post Tip

Apparently last post was not long enough, which is unfortunate, but exhilarating to see that a for has been enacted to make sure the posts are long enough.

My favorite 80s song...hmm difficult. There are so many. For the sake of this thread, I will say my favorite 80s song is run to the hills - iron maiden.

And Vim is still not as metal as I.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
In the 80s, I wore Iron Maiden back patches on my jean jacket, because their album covers and art etc was by far the coolest... but I never really really got into their jams until I was much older. Didn’t actually see them live until I was almost 40! Highly recommend if you get the chance, their shows are spectacular.
“Wasted Years” might be my favourite 80s Iron Maiden track, if were getting specific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3z6K3cx8x4

I think this one characterized the 80's and many others of Disco

Nice days then, now we're closed to our houses-internet.

We have everything, but we can't joy our life.

Report Post Tip

Mhm i rarely listen to songs from the 80's but i like Hit Me with Your Best Shot, Sweet child o mine & livin on a prayer.

Report Post Tip

So many so many songs... I think the best 'modern' music actually was made in the 80's

I wear my sunglasses at night :) Corey Heart

There’s some good tunes there. It’s so tough to pick a couple. There are some great ones here.

One I didn’t see scrolling through - Lonely is the Night - Billy Squier.
Report Post Tip

Oh man, there are too many great songs from the 80's. Oddly enough there are just as many artists as this was the era of the one hit wonders!

but then of course there were the killers and the top of that list is always Bon Jovi. that dude is still 20 something and killing it.

OOOOOHHH WE'RE HALF WAY THERE! OHH OH! LIVIN' ON A PRAYER!!!!!

Report Post Tip
Best decade of dance music by a country mile.

Although the song peaches was released in late 70s, I feel it’s very much an 80s feel song

I will always remember the first time I heard 'We're Not Gonna Take It' by Twisted Sister. Instantly loved it.

Dee Snider, the lead singer, did a remake of it four years ago and oh my god it's so powerful and very emotional. The video deals with child cancer. This is by far the better version.

you have to see this > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-DhlrMqKNk

Report Post Tip
Welcome to the Jungle is likely my favourite. I get things mixed up between the 90’s and the 70’s though, and I can see I’m not the only one lol.

So many options to choose from. I'm looking forward to create a badass playlist.

Report Post Tip
I was born in early 90s so I didn’t get to actually experience the 80s. However I grew up with my father showing some of his music from the 80s which was his prime 20s and I gotta say music today CANNOT be compared, in fact most of todays music is influenced by that decade. In my opinion everything from led zeppelin, van halen, ac/dc, the police, genesis, Def Leppard, scorpions, GnR... they are classics for a reason. If I had to pick only one song it would have to be Back in Black from AC/DC since that is one of my most iconic songs reminding me of my father.
Report Post Tip
Did anyone mention this gem?
Not only good, but Canadian and good!...

https://youtu.be/56HSPQHSqEE

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Favorite song from the 80s??
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL