Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 06:38:22
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Working from home Started by: PeterMcNeil on Apr 06, '21 09:59

I'm definitely going to stick with working at home more often than in the office going forward. I'd like to go into the office once a week and for any bigger meetings, but I have really enjoyed working from home. I have my own room to use as a home office, so it gives me a good separation from the rest of the house, plus my commute is super short! Though, I am finding it really tough to be disciplined enough to maintain a good work/life balance, it's far too easy to keep working until dinner is finished cooking. I also miss chatting with coworkers on mass or more casually!

Report Post Tip

Oh yeah, having a room dedicated for working surely helps with the distractions, and also to feel more "at work". I probably don't feel really the need for that, but rationally I think it would help me a lot with concentration.

Report Post Tip

Unfortunately I only get the opportunity to work from home maybe one day a week..

Think it's great to get the opportunity not to mention saving time and money on commutes etc

Report Post Tip

For me I'd rather continue to work from home as I have better computer equipment than my company plus it saves me £200 a month in travel fairs and an hour to an hour and a half journey time each way.

Report Post Tip

I tried it through covid-19, but can't say i loved it.

Supervisors took advantage of it, as they asked for things off the timetable.

Very slow internet connections via vpn, needless to say no equipment provided by the company.

Report Post Tip

I unfortunately have to go back to work dealing with the general public. No working at home for me, at least not for this job anyway.

Report Post Tip

I could not imagine working from home, hats off to you girls and guys that do it. I did it for a short period time of my life and was ready to jump off of a building lol, or run head first into a wall as fast as I could. Thank you to the people that do it for real.

Report Post Tip
I was working from home prior to covid and very much prefer it.

No commute, no work clothes, can work from anywhere so random trips are more of option without taking pto.
Report Post Tip

I think working from home is great it gives you the feeedom to know when you got to do things how and why it companies provides more options to people to eork from home I think unemployment would go down 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I was lucky I guess to work from home pre pandemic, I don't think I could go back to a 9-5 office based role now tbh. It has its down sides for sure too - you never quite get that turn computer off leave the building thing until the next day, I am often doing little bits in the evening  like this morning early on a Sunday. My partner found it tricky as has always been office based and decided to remain home based until jabs were done for our household. WE both loved being around each other so much but now they have returned they like that things get sorted quicker and less silly problems arise etc. For me home working all the way and for my partner I think would like a mix of the 2 really say split week. Both very different sectors though which I am sure plays a part in the importance of being in or even having an office. Lol who of us knew the term teams meeting a year ago...?!

Report Post Tip

Like mr marsh i have been working from home for years before covid. It is really funny to see how for many people this was a 'discovery' that working from home can be done. I really cannot imagine being forced to go to work daily just because the office is 'how we do things'. For many jobs these days it really is not required and is just a complicated for no purpose mode of working. Play less for buildings, pay more to employees!

Report Post Tip

Also yep Mr Marsh the business attire does alter somewhat and seems appointments can be carefully timed around dog walks / amazon deliveries / friends birthday lunch drinks at the pub whilst still achieving more than if in THE building! I work online for client facing stuff and as long as the top half looks respectable for the meeting.....enough said! 

Report Post Tip

Never tried it, but it really looks cool at some point for some time, you can relax while working, yet its hard to get in working mood since will be at home.

Report Post Tip

I worked from home before the pandemic hit, and basically never went to the office.  I think I would do something hybrid now, where I go into the office when I choose just for some human interaction lol

Report Post Tip

Those who think work from home is a boon in disguise are horribly wrong. A lot of corporates exploit this and squeeze the juice out of the employees. I think the labour laws ought to get some reforms if this is gonna continue for a while. Yes, there are advantages but i can't face over-exploitation

Report Post Tip
I never got the chance to work from home my office stayed open fully all the way through
Report Post Tip

Since the first lockdown here in my country, I was forced to work from home. In the beginning it was really trying to see how I could manage to get to the work server and see how I could manage the mailbox.

Luckily we already asked a few weeks earlier the IT section to arrange working from distance, so that was already taken care of.

Now I am used to working from home and I can really say that at home I do more during the day then when I am at the office. 

I will keep on staying working from home at least one day a week. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Working from home for a year now, all fun and games. Cooking, napping, reading and actually doing more work than ever, but damn we need some office days to meet with people and have lame ass coffee breaks near the water cooler.

Report Post Tip

I work my Liver from home! Sumtimes give it a break. Do a cleanse! You know! One's gotta do what one's gotta do!

Report Post Tip

I get more work done in a fraction of the time. I spend this newly found time wisely playing call of duty 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Working from home
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL