Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 11:43:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Working from home Started by: PeterMcNeil on Apr 06, '21 09:59
Working from home was just as much fun. 

I'm glad we live in a normal world again. 

Discussing maintenance again with my colleagues. 

I hope we can work in this normal way again.
Report Post Tip

Cant work from home, i work with a dog, especially to search for people and goods and thats not a very easy thing to do when staying at home :). So, no i cant, but if i could then i would for sure

Report Post Tip

No one asked me, I just got told. I'll be back to 40 hours in the building starting tuesday(after months of 'Come in, do the work, GTFO').

I suspect my father, who works a desk type job(i don't) will go into the office as little as possible. And My mum(who works as a counselor) will probably be in some sort of hybrid setup.

Report Post Tip

I work in social media so it's a job that can be done remotely. I've been working on the beach for like the past 6 months but lately we've been asked to come in the office once a week. It lowers my productivity so much, especially because my coworkers just enjoy chatting way too much (I'm new so I'm always on the hotseat for new stories and stuff). I literally do 10% of the work I usually do in the office than at home, and while yeah it's relaxing to talk to people, it makes my workload for the rest of the week pile up. Lame.

Long story short, I think it depends per job. Mine simply is just better done remotely and not around other people, lol. 

Report Post Tip

I was working in restaurants for the last six years or so and when the pandemic happened working from home obviously wasn't am option. After a bit "select" staff were brought in for take out and delivery, which despite my best efforts wasn't me. I ended up being sixth on the call back list, which isn't terrible mind you. There was three salary and one contract workers so I was the second hourly staff member back. Anyways long story short second shutdown more layoffs and POOF my daughter came early. I decided paid parental leave, guaranteed income, was better than living in limbo of layoffs. Now I'm switching gears to online school and plan to get a bachelor's in computer science or software engineering. So no, I couldn't work from home, but I'm going to school at the very least while being able to watch my children grow. 

Report Post Tip
First time when I heard about work from home, I was really excited. I thought this could be a big change moving forward in a corporate world. However, there are as many cons. My managers exploit this ease of working by asking us to work in late hours which wouldn't have happened if I were going to a work place. I hope this changes going forward and it's all peaceful!
Report Post Tip

I currently work from home once a week now, back in the office for the remainder of the time. I like mixing with real people daily :)

Report Post Tip

I tried and failed at this for a single week.

Reason being my wife and 2 kids were also working / schooling from home at the same time.

I became IT support for all three whilst working from a kitchen table....

Report Post Tip

Honestly I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

No need to dress up in business casual, can watch T.V between calls coming in and I get my Dogs who just want snuggles... Im kind of Digging it

But the other part of me does have a LOT of trouble focusing

Report Post Tip

In the first lockdown we had to stay at home all days, but after some time we were allowed to go to the office again. That was more my thing then stay home all the time.

Report Post Tip

Would love to work from home but its hard when there ain't many jobs out there. I want to work in retail so you can see when the lockdowns happened many people had to stay home.

Report Post Tip

Working from home seems great bit then it just kinda becomes the same old same old after a while and you tend to miss the officer and your co workers etc. 

Report Post Tip

It was fun at the beginning, thinking that you could sleep a little more and avoid all the people that go to or leave work and have to use the subway. But I've noticed a slight decline in my performance and also we have had more technical issues when working from home compared to when we were at the office.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I just started going back into the office.  For some strange reason I am enjoying it.  Being cooped up in the house all that time it's nice to get out.  Plus you start missing your co-workers and it's nice to be back together again.  

Report Post Tip

I was on Furlough for about 6 months last year and then worked from home for a further 3 months. My return to the office coincided with my kids going back to school after the summer holidays so it was actually good timing for me.

Report Post Tip

Actually think I work harder and longer from home. Should be more distractions I guess but I fond the opposite. I feel guilty getting a coffee in the office that is a thing. It means you catch up on gossip etc and spend 20 mins away from your desk. Not sure I can return to 100% office now really!! Covis what have you done??

Report Post Tip

I'm starting to get bored of this current working from home situation. I was hoping that it would end soon but with the delta variant increasing, there are talks about prolonging the period that you have to work from home.

Report Post Tip

Working from home is fine for a few days every now and then, but stuck at the same place all the time and having to do everything over the computer can get old real fast.  Then when it comes to teaching people stuff nothing beats a face to face demonstration.  While I like the idea on a limited basis I could not deal with it on a full time basis and can only imagine how bad people will become dealing with others if this continues and becomes a norm for society.  We already have enough issues with people not wanting to deal with others, this will only increase that problem. 

Report Post Tip
I worked from home only for a little while during the height of the pandemic, but we are all back into the field nowadays thank god.
Report Post Tip
Does anyone have any websites that offer work from home jobs?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Working from home
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL