Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 21:20:14
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Working from home Started by: PeterMcNeil on Apr 06, '21 09:59

It depends on the situation usually. Hows things at home, regarding relation and kids education for example. Humans need socializing too, no matter what, phones dont replace it. We could also see the Employer point of view, who is more or less efficient working home vs office.

Report Post Tip
Working at home is becoming less, luckily we have air conditioning at work. :P

They do need it with this weather here in the Netherlands. 

It is also more pleasant in the office.
Report Post Tip
Down here in Australia we've been pretty lucky in the fact that we've never really gone into full lockdown, work from home... a few states have gone into full lockdown, don't go out unless necessary similar to the UK & USA but for the most part we've been lucky in the fact we've mostly been working as normal
Report Post Tip

I would've liked working from home but luckily this corona shit didnt affected my work and didnt had to stay home. Secondly I couldnt be home anyway.. becauseof my work.

Report Post Tip

Part of me absolutely loves working from home, and that is the part of me that also hates wearing a bra or putting on pants before noon. But occasionally I do have an urge to be social so once things ease up a bit more, I'll be aiming to go in at least once a week. Currently working with the Icelander on my team to meet up on Thursdays in the office going forward, just to get back into the routine of ya know... behaving like a human.

Report Post Tip

Id love to work from home! No pants, the fridge is right there, I get to terrorize the cat all day and get paid... did I mention no pants?

Report Post Tip

I had a short period were i worked from home. But i mainly just saw it as extra vacation because my job cant really be done from home. But it was mighty nice. I hear from office type people that they actually are far more productive working from home, unless if they have kids at home then its a mess.

Report Post Tip

It's a fair question.

It hasn't affected me that much in so far as I work from home anyway as I'm a consultant.  That being said, before the restrictions I would be based at home but be able to go out to companies and such and I really do miss the social aspect of that part of work.

I think there needs to be a balance though.  Working from home, especially for those who live alone can have a detrimental effect on ones mental health and personally, as much as I enjoy the autonomy it gives me, it turns me into a pig person who rarely gets dressed.

I think a balance can be struck however and I feel employers may see the benefits of allowing more flexibility in the way people work.

Report Post Tip

Working from home; now there is a topic I've come to know well over recent months. I work as a claims examiner for a large insurance firm and part time trainer with the same group. It wasn't too hard to move my functions to the house with a work pc and using my own internet...and that is where I have been for over a year now. >.<

My son too was working from home just as my wife was also taking online classes to get out of the teaching field during what Covid did to public schools. That said we have been fighting over what band width there is when we all had to be online at the same time. Fortunately my son got called back to the office now that he is fully vaccinated but even with all my shots looks like the company I work for is going to drag it's feet bringing us back to the office so they can save on utilities and rent.

Good times....

Report Post Tip

I work in the States doing IT work so we've been remote since last March.  HR wants us all to go back in-person full-time but we've been able to accomplish a lot, if not more, in the past year.  Hopefully we can have a hybrid model or at least the choice to go in when we want.  Working from home can be nice but honestly, I really enjoy getting out of the house sometimes.  There can be lots of distractions at home and it's harder for me to unplug or logoff like I used to when leaving the office.  Zoom meetings and Teams are cool apps but it would be nice to see people every now and then lol.  We've definitely become more available too, for better or worse.  

I'm curious how things will play out in the next year or so.  Thankfully, I have a dope ass office setup at home so I should be fine either way. 

Report Post Tip

We've had an email from our department stating from the 1st September that we will be needed back in, not sure why, seems pointless to have people who can remote work go back.  Then again our leadership spend most of their time chatting so if people are not there then they'd have nothing to do.

Report Post Tip

I've been working out of my home for about five years now, only occasionally visiting my office.  I just don't really have any reason to be there. If it ever became a requirement for me to go in to the office, I'm not sure I could handle it at this point. I've gotten too spoiled working in my pj's and making my own hours.  I still work my ass off and work long hours, but it's nice not having to deal with the office politics.

Report Post Tip
Seems like here in the UK our working from home has once again been extended. Fingers crossed come July we'll still be allowed to do so, even if it means the odd day having to get dressed and go in.
Report Post Tip

It have had its benefits to be able to work from home, but not being able to see and interact with your coworkers face to face and instead doing it via Skype is meh, but then again, you are spared from meeting those annoying coworkers that really get on your nerves and makes you want to shoot them.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Worked all through lockdown, no stay at home time unfortunately.   Some of our international business has been digitally signed and meetings over video conferencing instead of flights back and fore, but overall covid and lockdown meant nothing much work wise, except harder to find somewhere to eat and stay

Report Post Tip
Still got no official confirmation what our plan is, most staff that can work from home are still doing so. Clinical staff needed at the hospital are all still on site of course, but admin staff so far all been given a choice.

Many of the consultants have started to choose to do their clinics face to face again, having been mostly remote appointments for months now.
Report Post Tip

I think there has to be a greater balance now in the workplace between remote and on-site. A hybrid model as others have mentioned I think it is a good path to begin with but substantial accommodations by employers will be necessary for retention and reducing burnout. Everyone has different needs and frustrations/challenges which means companies will have to be adaptable and flexible enough to effectively transition into the future.

Report Post Tip

The whole covid work from home thing has now meant we are looking into one of those garden office things which would be great all be it a bit weird going to work in your slippers down the end of the Garden! I guess at least the traffic shouldn't be so bad, slight down side is that my son heard garden office as - a place to put my drum kit and guitars.....I guess a multi functional room then at best or a home studio and I go back to the office!!!

Report Post Tip
Went into the office today. Boss said I could use his workstation/private mini-cubicle area on the floor. I kind of enjoyed the change of pace. Definitely felt more comfortable in the flow and deep problem-solving time. Going to try to go a few times a week and see what happens. I may do all next week in office just to experiment with the hybrid model.

Having the semi-private cubicle definitely helps and having multi-axis adjustable dual monitors plus standing desk is super nice.
Report Post Tip

I always hoped that working from home was nice thing to do, but after this pandemi I see how good it is to get out of the house and see peoples that you work with rader then just talk to them on phones or on meatings over the PC screen 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Working from home
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL