Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 16:32:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Working from home Started by: PeterMcNeil on Apr 06, '21 09:59

I like working from home but it's hard not to get distracted.  You work more hours at home because of that. A lot of times I have to force myself to stay off MR.  That's a real easy distraction

Sometimes I have to go into the office so it does break the monopoly so I benefits from both worlds.  

Report Post Tip

Many of us had to return to the office so we could do our entire job to keep things going for the company.   Just certain things and projects you cannot do from home.  They are allowing some working from home but not on a full time basis as they also want to make sure things are fair for all employees and everyone is actually working.

Report Post Tip

I'm now working 3 days in the office and 2 from home, or vise versa depending what's going on and if im needed, as I'm a remote person anyway it doesn't overly matter, but always nice to have the option

Report Post Tip

I work from home as a "Virtual Hybrid" employee. According to my employer it means that I work from home full time, with the possibility of being called in to the office if there's a major issue. This is for the foreseeable future because they gave away my office space.

Report Post Tip

Working from home is hit or miss for me. Sometimes I get a lot more done than I would at the office, sometimes I don't. We may start heading back into the office soon, but I think the company I work for is leaning more towards work at home most of the time, and going into the office for meetings, etc.

Report Post Tip
I’ll bet that if they did a study - workplace productivity is down with people working from home. I’m not much of a fan of it tbh, but I’m a bit of a social butterfly - and I tend to like being out and about a little more than the average person.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My job is fully remote without any office work, although from time to time I do miss the social interaction my old job had. We do compensate for it in terms of having an open zoom meeting for the whole team to use, often dropping in and talking crap in between stuff. At the time I love working remote for the lack of commute, that I can go straight out to the pub/gym/shop as soon as I finish and so there is a lot of time saved, at least 15 hours maybe even 20 hours a week restored if you take into account commute, getting ready for work etc.

Report Post Tip

And that Shredder is a big appeal to a lot of people, the time saved from not having to commute.  Honestly I think anyone who is being pressured back into an office needs to question why?  Why have we been able to cope for so many months yet now it is a necessity to go back?  

I know at my spot they are trying that, and it is down to the managers having nothing to do (not that they would admit that), but it is very clear that my department does not need to be in the office to function.

Report Post Tip

PeterMcNeil woops took me a long time to reply! I hear a lot of big MNC's are looking to keep large numbers of staff working remote, they have realised that they don't need to spend multi millions a year on facilities contracts, building leases and utility bills. 

On the flip side I understand those jobs/companies that focus on bringing Graduates up through the ranks who are pushing for a return to the office, especially the consultancy and finance/Banking corps. A lot of what is learnt there is through active learning in meetings/on the floor. But call centres etc, nah no need to insist they come in.

Report Post Tip
Working from home what is that .. I would never be able to do that
Report Post Tip

it was great, but permanently i would not like to do it, I can do it in seasons. but not permanent. 

Report Post Tip
I personally love working from home. I did it even before the pandemic. No commute. No dressing up. Unlimited cig breaks. What’s not to love?
Report Post Tip
I would love to work from home, but I can't. Still you need a good family or a good place to be at, so focus, or other emotions font get thru you. In office you can ignore or pretend shit, at home you can't.
Report Post Tip

I like going in a few days a week, but working from home has been very good too. I've been able to find the time to do a lot of other random stuff, and been productive at the same time. 

Report Post Tip

I did it, but not again.

Teleworking has caused me lack of free time, as strange as it sounds.

Supervisors asked for help, because of urgent issues out of programmed schedule.

Report Post Tip
Working from home had to be the best thing ever invented . The thought of waking up 1 min before I have to log in is amazing. I don’t have to wake up an hour before and shower to get ready. I can be in lounge clothes all day. I wish I could work from home permanently
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Working from home has been good for the kids. It's been good to be able to spend more time with them, though admittedly the distractions from work are more abundant. But, freedom and loungewear. I still have to go in occasionally, but even that's getting more rare.

Report Post Tip

It would be nice to work from home, if my profession allowed it. People that have worked from home, have spoken to me about some of the benefits of doing that. And Id love to check it out. However, given my mode of work. Working from home, is not a luxury that was extended to me. 

Would be nice though. 

Report Post Tip
I haven't had the opportunity to work from home during the pandemic. I wouldn't want to either. Saw the husband do it and he wasnt as productive with the kids wanting to be around him all day.
Report Post Tip

Once the novelty wore off it became quite isolating. It's just not the same having zoom meetings as helpful as they were. Thank god we are in the office 3 times a week currently as that social interaction I craved is finally happening.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Working from home
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL