Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:18:06
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [ > - >>> ]
Admin Competition: Mafia Glossary Started by: Marietta on May 31, '09 23:51
Listen up, everyone! City Hall is currently working on a project that will involve a lot of leg work, so they've decided to let us, the mobsters at large, do a share of the work our own. There are prizes involved, so keep on reading!

What they are currently in need of is a glossary of MafiaReturns terms that we use on an every day basis. This can be anything from normal terms related to the game, as well as slang and acroymns. We will be defining them to make things easier for newer players who may not understand what we're talking about with all our "GRHS"s and "IAs".

So what do they need from us? Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

- Think up some of the more common terms or words we use every day here. For example, "RIP", "MM", "WG", so on and so forth.

- Define said word. Make sure that you make it legible and clear, so that people who are just joining this world can understand. Note where it would be used (either in game or on IRC).

- Use said word in a sentence. Show how it would be used in an everyday, normal scenario.

For example:

IA; An acronym meaning 'In-Active'. Refers to the period after seven days of inactivity, when a person's account status turns from "Alive" to "Inactive". Most commonly used to refer inactive gangster accounts that are hunted by hitmen.
"Damn, I can't shoot this IA, because I haven't paid the tax in Detriot."

GRHS; An acronym meaning 'God Rest His/Her Soul'. A term of well wishing and endearment used most commonly in funerals and on IRC after someone's account is killed.
"Damn, did you hear ForkRourke died? GRHS."

And so on and so forth.

All entries are to be posted here, in this thread. You can post as many as you wish. For your entry to count as 'successful', make sure you include all the information needed. Otherwise it will be disqualified.

Every successful entry will earn you a prize (to be announced after deadline). The best entries will be used in the final copy of the new MafiaReturns Glossary.

This contest will end at 23:59, Sunday June 7th.

Best of luck everyone! Get out there and define!
Report Post Tip
BMO; An acronym meaning 'Bust Me Out'. Commonly used on IRC usually stated as 'BMO CityTheyAreInHere' to alert others of them being stuck in jail, and that they would like to be Busted Out.

"BMO New York Please"
Report Post Tip
W/S or WS; An acronym meaning 'Witness Statement'. Refering to the report sent out after shots are taken in any city. Nameing the victim and who the shooter was. Note: The shooters name is always scrambled.

"WS wanted for XXX he/she was under 48hrs old."
Report Post Tip
IRC; An acronym meaning "Internet Relay Chat". Commonly used my this games community, IRC is a faster form of communication than Mob Mails. Utilized by families to keep tabs, give orders, and bond as a family. Each family has a "channel" for the reasons just stated. IRC can be accessed by 'Clients' that are downloaded off the internet i.e: mIRC Mozilla's Chatzilla, X-Chat, IceChat, ect.
Report Post Tip
Amending the Contest Rules:

* You may submit entries for an acronym or slang term that has already been given- IF you think of something new that should be added to the definition. If it is not any different than the previous entry, however, the credit will go to the first person who posted said word/term.

Carry on! You're doing well!
Report Post Tip
WB; An acronym meaning 'Wack Back'. An event which occurs when your attempt to kill somone fails. Several outcomes can occur when somone sufferes Wack Back, such as Loosing you gun, getting thrown in jail and even your character dying. If you characer gets killed by Wack Back it is refered to 1%WB or being 1%ed, as their is an inbuilt 1% chance of it happening inside the game code.

"Dammit i got WB on this guy now i lost my gun!."
Report Post Tip
MUC; Acronym meaning "Multi-User Crime." Refers to the game feature that allows multiple people to attempt the same crime, hoping for a large payout.
"You want to try a MUC?"
Report Post Tip
Proed or Pro shot; A shot deliberatly designed to give the shooters target 4hrs of protection. Often used during war on high value targets, thus giving them 4hrs where they cannot be shot at all. Note: HQwacking somone ignores the 4hrs of protection.

HQwack or HQ; The ability for the crewleader to kill a member without any risk of WB to the leader. HQ shooting somone ignores any protection they might have on at the time, and can be preformed even with the leader in another city to the victim.
Report Post Tip
MM: Made man - made member, made guy, man of honor, soldier, soldato, or friend of ours to the family as opposed to "friend of mine" (not made), is someone who has been officially inducted into the Mafia (Cosa Nostra).

BMOP: Break me out please - Used on IRC to ask someone to break you out of the city jail.

IRC: Internet Relay Chat - is a form of real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private message as well as chat and data transfers via Direct Client-to-Client.

#DL: #DivineLunacy - the most used channel on the jaundies server. Used by most players of Mafiareturns.com. Where everyone comes to meet and chat while playing Mafiareturns.com.

WB: WackBack - Used when someone wackbacks after shooting someone. Results in either death,going to jail,or losing your gun. Mostly used when someone dies after shooting.

GM/GF:GodMother/GodFather - Referring to the Godmother or Godfather of a certain city. The most powerful people in the game.

CL: Crew Leader - Refers to the family heads/boss's of the 7 cities. These are the people over a certain family.

CD: Crack Down - Refers to someone throwing a jail in a certain city. Having all inactive players placed in the city jail to be broken out by active players. Can be purchased with in game money from other players or with real money by donating to the game.

JBP: Jail Break Party - Refers to someone launching multiple jails or crackdowns in a certain city and having active users around to break you out if you get thrown in.

MUC: Multi-User Crime - Refers to new petty and felony crimes for the users to participate in with other online users. To make more money and gain more experience.
Report Post Tip

MUC; Acronym meaning "Multi-User Crime." Refers to the game feature that allows multiple people to attempt the same crime, hoping for a large payout.

"You want to try a MUC?"

There are 2 catagories of a MUC, Public and Family only. Public crimes are harder to complete than Family ones. And family crimes pay better than the public ones. Note: You can only START a MUC once every 24hrs, but you can join as many as you want. And you must also be in the same city as your MUC partners to invite them.
Report Post Tip
RHM/LHM: Right Hand Man and Left Hand Man - Refers to the person the CL chooses to be his eyes,ears,and mouth when he is not around. They handle the daily business of the family while the CL is busy. Also referred to as a Underboss and a Consigliere in some families.
Report Post Tip
RP: Role Playing - Refers to the changing of one's behavior to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role. To assume the role of a fictional characters.
Report Post Tip
RP; Acronym meaning "Role-Playing." Refers to writing threads, stories or situation to develop your character.
"When is Pedro going to get to RP with Marietta?"

OOC; Acronym meaning "Out of Character." Refers to situations where you are speaking as yourself and NOT the character you have created.
"His thread was OOC, which is way it was moved out of the streets."
Report Post Tip
Prowess; Refers to a percentage rank of your overall daily work as compared to everyone who is the same rank as you. THe average Prowess is 100%.
"I had a high prowess at Wise Guy, but all these Made Men work too hard and have lowered it below 100%"
Report Post Tip
BA: Back Alley - Refers to a Back Alley thread used mostly to role play a story with other users privately in stead of in public. Also used to save a thread to be posted in the future and to preview what your thread will look like in the streets.

Coffee shop - Is a name for the IRC channels we use to chat with each other about game stuff or life in general.
Report Post Tip
Rogue; A player who without his crew leader knowledge and permission had bought out of his/her family. Rogues typically buyout and go about causing trouble shoot at CL's and other important players. More than often the presence of a Rogue player will bring all the cities into an alliance to eliminate the player.
"XXX just went Rogue, i want everyone to fly back to YYY now!"
Report Post Tip
Auth; Meaning Authorisation. An honor given by a leader of a city, allowing a member to leave the family and start up his/her own without the risk of getting shot as a Rogue. Auth speeches are normally always given in a RP format in the streets forum.
"Man i just got Auth today, im so happy."
Report Post Tip
HSL: Stands for Hitsquad Leader. The person chosen in a crew to gather and maintain people's gun skill and develop them into hitters.
Report Post Tip
Streetcleaner: A user with administrative privileges to delete threads or posts and move threads amongst the different forums.

Example: Any streetcleaner around? I misspelled my thread title and need it wacked.
Report Post Tip
Suit; 1. An in-character reference to your profile. Your rank, profile picture, or even a position as a Crewleader or Right/Left Hand man can all be described in-character as a suit.
"Have you seen my new Don Suit?"
"Did you see the new suit that Marietta made for me?"
"I got a new Bold suit today after becoming a crewleader."

Slanty; A term that refers to becoming a right or left hand man. Your name becomes italicized on the 60 second list, which makes you appear slanted.
"Isn't Pedro sexy when he is slanty?"

Bold; A term that refers to one who has purchased a headquarters and become a crewleader. Their name shows as bold in the 60 second list.
"Did you see when I was bold last month?"
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Admin Competition: Mafia Glossary
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL