Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 12:18:44
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [ > - >>> ]
Rate the last movie you watched. Started by: Adonis on Aug 26, '18 14:39
John Wick 4. It's just absolutely fucking stupid how many people Wick kills. They almost have to try foot the story around all the death and the killing. Thoroughly enjoyed it though
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Founder

I watched the founder the other night - the film about how McDonalds became the biggest fast food frnchise in the world. Eye opening and a bit sad for the McDonald brothers.  Fortunately the nearest Mcdonalds was too far away to buy one after the film

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I watched "Aline", the movie and the protagonist, Aline Dieu are based con Celine Dion. Very interesting movie, there are a lot of things I didn't knew about her. The character and story are so much her that I don't understand why they changed the names of all characters/people.

Report Post Tip

What's a movie these days I work too hard to get a chance to settle down and watch one. But if I would have to say the Carrie both past and present versions 10/10

Report Post Tip

Tremendous. Heist type movie from the 90’s. A few really good car chases in it. One in particular went in for a long time but was truly amazing. Must have been incredibly hard to set up and film. Throw in a good amount if nice dialogue and some lovely locations, very happy. 

Report Post Tip

Dune: Part Two is lightyears away from its predecessor, becoming a game changer for the science fiction genre. With powerful storytelling and a stronger cast, Dune: Part Two soars where most films dream of.

Report Post Tip

Rewatched Mirrors the other day with my boyfriend. Still a classic horror movie from that time, it's pretty gruesome. Solid 5/7!

I don't really remember the last movie I watched.
But in the previous days I watched dragon ball broly movie, it was really fun and good one to watch.
Report Post Tip

Saltburn

where to start?

utter madness, really engaging with an incredibly unsatisfactory ending

a bit like sex with me really

Report Post Tip

All.of us strangers. It’s a well-constructed and nuanced drama that drips with bold visual aplomb and a subtle mysticism akin to disorienting, dreamlike states... Indeed, it stands as something special in contemporary cinema.

Report Post Tip
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
Might be a bit biased here as JP is my favorite movie of all time.
Gonna say 7/10 based on the fact that it’s a different kind of adventure.
Report Post Tip

Anatomy of a Fall was very, very good and features the finest dog acting I think I've ever seen, among a couple other phenomenal performances. It was also a great reminder to all MR players to never go on trial for murder in France, as the prosecutor seems to have complete freedom to do things like read fiction that you've written, which would be a really embarrassing way to get outed as a giant mafia RP nerd.

Report Post Tip

I watched the biographic movie about Margherita Hack, an italian scientist. Faithful to reality, she also had some success in sports as youth, while she't obviusly most known for being an astronomer.

Report Post Tip

Last movie I watched was really good. I’ve seen it a couple of times before but it never fails to deliver. Very atmospheric, huge sense of presence and depth to it. The cinematography is wonderful and the story is rich. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Report Post Tip

Fury starring Brad Pitt, about a WWII tank crew.

The movie is approximately 3 hours long and I could watch it over and over. Great performances, great action, emotionally gripping.

3.5/4 stars or 9/10.

Report Post Tip

Really very good. A surprising film that went in a totally unexpected direction. I enjoy knowing nothing about a film before I see it, especially in cases like this. The change of direction really caught me by surprise and I was placed very much in the position of the people involved in the film. Great watch. 

Report Post Tip

Got my partner to sit down and watch Mad Max Fury Road in anticipation of the new movie. I still enjoy it a lot, great cinematography and action. Over the top as hell. Partner didn't really care for it though so we might skip seeing the new one in theater.

Report Post Tip

Alexa, how does Mad Max Fury Road hold up against the original Mad Max movies?

I loved those movies when I was young, so didnt want to ruin the memory by watching the new one if its nowhere near as good lol.

Seems Hollywood needs to get going back to movies from 80s/90s, no-one has a good original idea these days.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Slash so I preface this with I have only seen the original Road Warrior I never saw Thunderdome or the other one (there were 3 right?). Road Warrior is obviously a classic, it basically kickstarted Mel Gibson's career. But I never got around to seeing the other films, or at least haven't yet.

Fury Road isn't so much about Mad Max which I think is an odd thing about the movie. He is in it, and the camera points at him a decent bit but he has the least amount of character development, and most of the movie is happening to him, if that makes sense. The other characters really steal the show. I would say this version of Max is quieter, colder, and mostly traumatized. He doesn't feel like a hero or antihero, but as a passerthrough to the main action of the film which centers largely around the character Furiosa and her mission against an evil overlord.

That all said, it's a good movie. 7/10 at least depending on how much you like action. It has a lot of great moments and memorable characters. It is a bit light on plot, but heavy on action and completely cartoonishly over the top.

Report Post Tip

The Outsiders (1983)

9/10

At 42 years old, one would think I would have read the book or seen this movie by now. Well, I hadn't, and so I blindly let my 14 year old daughter show me this movie they watched in her lit class. How bad could it be?

When the opening credits said "Francis Ford Coppola," I should have known what I was in for.

Look, it was a great movie. The story hooked you and kept you invested, the cast was well done and it was fun to see all those big stars as practically babies. 

I gave it a 9/10. I took one point away for the emotional damage. God damnit. That was just unnecessary. 

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Rate the last movie you watched.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL