Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 08:51:04
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [ > - >>> ]
Russo's Bar Started by: KennyRusso on Jan 06, '19 02:36

Johnny was leading the way with Talia trailing about a half step behind, that was until he turned into a dark empty alley. That caused her to stop in her tracks. 

"Whats wrong? We are almost there." He said as he turned around to see what the issue was.

"Where exactly are you taking me again?" Talia asked as she craned her neck to peek down the alley.

"Oh, well it's hidden quite well but thats kind of why I like the place. Good spot for some privacy, you know for business matters and such. Its just down here."

Johnny turned and continued to the back of the alley, down a flight of stairs, and to a large wooden door. He knocked on the door three times and a man opened it. He glaced at them both for a few seconds before moving to the side allowing them to enter.

Johnny nodded to the door man and then led Talia over to the table closest to the bar and pulled out a char for Talia to sit down. There was a drink menu on the table, looking it over he noticed there didn't seem to be any wine. Hopefully this wasn't an issue... Johnny wasn't much of a wine drinker himself so he had never noticed before. He handed the menu to Talia to look over.

"Well, whiskey, rum, vodka, brandy and beer it looks like. Hopefully you can find something you like?"

Report Post Tip

All the years she had lived in Detroit, which would be all the years she was alive. Talia never knew of this place, she was a bit skeptical to follow him down the alley more for safety purposes then anything but she trusted Johnny so she really didn’t question it. With no more then a slight shrugged and perhaps a couple slight inquires.

For the first time all night she kept her mouth shut and just followed him. Followed as he continued to the back of the alley, then followed down a flight of stairs. She gave the doorman a slight smile when she walked by him but again followed Johnny. He led her to a table and was even kind enough to pull a chair out for her. 

Talia hmm’d for a moment after Johnny handed her the menu and commented about the lack of wine. It was rather disheartening.

”Ugh, no wine... what kind of establishment is this?”

”Uh, a bar that just doesn’t serve wine? Look on the bright side, they still have booze. There has to be something here you’ll drink.”

Talia glanced down at the menu once more.

”Guess vodka will have to do. Fair warning though, you may have to carry me out of here depending how much you wanna drink.”

Report Post Tip

"Don't worry, if you get that drunk I'll make sure you get home."

Johnny took the menu back from Talia to look over again, he hadnt actually decided what he wanted yet either. They didn't have his gin... he usually just got beer here.

"I guess beer works. Be right back."

Johnny got up and headed over to the bar to get his and Talia's drinks. He got two of each just to save himself another trip. Balancing two cups in each hand he slowly shuffled his way back over to the table and placed them down in the middle before returning to his seat.

"So, enjoying your night?" Johnny asked, it seemed like a good conversation starter... simple enough question. 

Report Post Tip

“Oh I’m sure you’ll make sure I make it home.” Talia commented rather softly, the place was loud so it was soft enough that he didn’t hear it. At this point he is went going to let her out of his sights for very long. This she knew for sure.

She didn’t say anything as he gave the menu a look over and proceeded to talk himself into having a beer. She watched as he got up and made his way to the bar. It gave her ample time to scope the place out, a place that was filled with predominant monsters and social lites. How she never about this place was amazing. 

Just must have been one of those things, just eluded her? 

She was deep in the thought of that, that she didn’t even notice Johnny come back. Next thing she knew there were two glasses in front of her and a smiling Johnny across from her. 

”So, you enjoying your night?” He asked. 

While in the midst of answering, Talia reached for her glass. “Other then getting cheated out of that pool game, it’s been a good one thus far.” She pulled the glass towards her and up to her lips. The vodka hitting her tastebuds made her grimace. It wasn’t often she drank the hard stuff like this and when she did the night usually didn’t end well. 

”You must have known this place didn’t have wine, I think you purposely brought me here to get drunk. What weird shit are you gonna try and make me do later?” Talia asked with a slight chuckle at the end.

Report Post Tip

Johnny took a sip from his beer and watched as Talia struggled a bit with her vodka. You could tell from her face when it hit her lips she wasnt a big fan of drinking hard liquor... or at least wasnt a fan of the taste. Not that he blamed her, anyone who claimed to like the taste of vodka was full of shit in his opinion. People mostly just tolorate it to get drunk, or at least he assumed that must be the case because there was nothing pleasant about the taste at all.

”You must have known this place didn’t have wine, I think you purposely brought me here to get drunk. What weird shit are you gonna try and make me do later?” Talia asked after recovering from her drink.

Johnny tried to hide his laugh with another sip of beer but just ended up blowing bubbles into his glass before putting it back down on the table.

"Weird shit? Now I am curious. What kind of weird shit do you figure I am into? I guess whether its weird or not would be merely a matter of perspective..."

Report Post Tip

Watching him trying to withhold his laughter made her chuckle a bit to herself, well it was more the fact he blew bubbles into his beer. Who does that? 

The chuckle didn’t last too long though, it was a legit question. Alcohol tends to have an affect on people, lowers inhibitions etc... it’s why most people drank. 

It wasn’t the response she was looking for, in fact he answered her question with basically the same question. 

”Oh it’s definitely about perspective, I guess weird shit to me might not be weird shit to you or could be there other way around I guess. All I’m saying is that it seems you brought me here for a reason. Hard liquor... you’re clearly trying to get me drunk.” 

The words were clearly coming out of her mouth, while she sipped rather forcefully on the vodka in her glass. It was a force of habit, plus he was buying she didn’t want to be rude and not drink. 

”I’m just trying to figure out what you have in store for me is all.”

Report Post Tip

"Trying to get you drunk? The thought hadn't crossed my mind to be honest. I don't figure you need to be drunk really, in fact I think you were secretly hoping I would win that game of pool. Guess I will never know for sure huh?" 

Johnny took a another sip from his beer before finally removing his sunglasses for the first time all night.

"Here." He said as he flipped the glasses around and put them on Talia's face.

"You can have that pair I suppose. You did win the first game... and you were ohhh so close the second time before you missed that shot 'by mistake'. As for what I have in store for you, well I guess you'll find out later."

Johnny paused for a moment before continuing.

"Random question though, how do you feel about about handcuffs?"

Report Post Tip

The vodka was getting harder and harder to just sip on, each sip getting smaller and smaller. The buzz she had from the wine at the pool hall had basically worn off at this point, which in her book wasn’t how things were supposed to be. The vodka would clearly do the trick but she’d have to actually start drinking it.

It took her a moment to work herself up to it, taking the first glass in hand Talia downed the contents. It was clearly some strong stuff, the sips did it no justice. Burning all the way down, she could only imagine the face she made during that process. Why people drank this stuff for pleasure was beyond her comprehension.

”Well yeah I obviously don’t need to be drunk but it is the weekend, isn’t that what weekends were for?”

Johnny nodded and just shrugged his shoulders then took his sunglasses off and placing them on Talias face. He commented about the game which sent her into complaining mode. So much that she missed the you’ll find out later what’s in store for.

”You know if it wasn’t for those people....” She glance over to Johnny who was giving her a smirk. 

”What?”

”Oh nothing...”

”I’m rocking the glasses I know, I’m sure they look much better on me then on you.” 

“Sure...” Johnny said rather sarcastically which picking up his beer, downing the rest. He figured he needed to keep up with Talia. Once done he slammed the bottle down, looked her straight in the face. 

”Random question though, how do you feel about handcuffs?”

”Handcuffs?”

”Yeah handcuffs, I didn’t stutter.” 

Pulling the second glass in front of her, Talia didn’t wait much time thinking about it before speaking.

”Well I don’t mind them, unless I’m being tossed in the back of a cop car after they are slapped on but I know that’s not what you’re talking about. So to answer your question, I don’t mind them at all, they can come in rather handy.”

Talia paused for a moment, long enough to pull a big gulp from her glass. Making the same fuck my life look afterwards. 

”What kind we talking about? The ones the cops use? Or another kind, cause it says a lot about a person depending on which one.”

Report Post Tip

"What kind? Do I really look like a fuzzy cuffs kind of guy? Definitely not fuzzy... although not exactly like police handcuffs either."

Johnny watched as Talia forced herself to basically chug her vodka. The face she made when she finished the first drink made Johnny burst out laughing. He couldnt help it, you would think she was being forced to drink gasoline or something judging by that face.

"You want me to get the next one mixed with something for you?" He asked when he finally stopped laughing.

She just shook her head no and gave him a glare, probably didn't like the laughing. Either she liked the burn, or just wanted to tough it out... sure didn't look like she liked it but either way it intrigued him. Johnny excused himself once again to go grab a few more drinks and returned moments later with four of the same. 

"Alright then, there you go. Don't hurt yourself." He said as he placed the drinks down on the table in front of her.

Report Post Tip

"Well..."

Talia was gonna comment on the fuzzy cuffs, she could clearly see him brandishing some fuzzy cuffs. Some nice fuzzy black ones would go great with the black sunglasses. It was a thought that made her smile, a smile that may have been a bit influenced by the vodka. The vodka which still sat idly in her second glass. 

Reluctant for a moment to take another drink, Talia looked at the contents in the glass. It was as if she was trying to physic herself up to drink it. It took more then a moment but in one motion she picked up the glass, brought it to her lips and downed the rest of the glass. 

"Oh my god, this stuff is so bad."

She slid the now empty glass to the center of the table and glared at the two new glasses that Johnny has just brought over. Maybe she should have had them mixed with something, it probably would have been the smartest idea but she didn't. So there they sat, two glasses of pure warm vodka. 

On a good note, her buzz came back. Only took the two glasses of vodka to do it. Now it would be a matter of drinking enough to keep it. 

"You keep bringing me drinks in twos, I may end up hurting myself. Actually... I'll probably end up hurting someone else."

She looked down at the glasses once again then back up to Johnny who was sipping on his beer.

"I think you need to switch over to the hard stuff. I've got an idea. I need you to go back to the bar, get yourself a couple shots of something and bring me back some kind of juice."

The two glasses of vodka she had probably wouldn't be enough. 

"Actually just get yourself one glass and bring back a bottle. We are gonna play a little drinking game."  

Report Post Tip

Johnny glarred at Talia and suddenly understood the frustration his sunglasses must cause for other people. He couldn't see her eyes at all, and as she asked him to go get her some juice, a bottle, and a glass for himself he would have loved to be able to read her facial expression. What kind of drinking game? and what was she looking at? So many questions raced through his head but none of them made it to his mouth.

"Uh, alright sure thing." 

Was all that came out as he got up from the table and headed over to the bar. 

"Hey! Yeah, can I get a bottle of cranberry juice, a bottle of that vodka, and another glass please?"

The bartender just nodded as he headed out back for a few minutes before returning carrying the juice, and the vodka. He placed them on the bar infront on Johnny and then grabbed an empty glass from the rack and placed it with the two bottles.

"Better just start a tab for me, I'll probably be back a few times. Thanks."

Johnny said as he grabbed all of the items Talia had requested off the bar and headed back to the table.

"Alright there ya go, one bottle of juice, one bottle of that vodka you love so much, and a glass for me. Although I still don't see what was wrong with my beer. What game did you have in mind?"

Report Post Tip

"Oh, cranberry juice. Perfect!"

Talia quickly reached for that bottle and gave it a pour into one of the empty vodka glasses. It quickly washed out the lingering vodka flavor in her mouth, it was something greatly needed. She gave the glass a top off before sliding the cranberry juice to her left. Far enough away to be out of her way but close enough that it was still in reach. That juice may have just been her saving grace. 

"Your beer isn't strong enough, simple as that. If you wanna go drink for drink you need to switch to that fowl stuff I'm also drinking. It's only fair..."

Talia reached over for the bottle of vodka and cracked it open, pouring a rather healthy pour into the glass Johnny brought back for himself. She could glanced up at him through the sunglasses. A glare that she knew he couldn't see. She wanted to gauge his reaction to the pour and it was priceless. The look of concern on his face spoke wonders. 

"Easy there..." He mumbled. 

"Oh stop whining, you need to catch up anyways." She said with an evil smile as she finished the pour. It was rather full, she wasn't exactly sure how he was gonna move it without spilling anything but that wasn't her problem.

"Alright, so as for a drinking game. I've got two choices... We can either play quarters or never have I ever. I'll let you choose, seems only fair I think."

She paused for a moment and realized that he may not even know the games or maybe he did... 

"If you need explanation before choosing let me know."

Report Post Tip

Johnny watched as Talia opened the vodka and poured him a nice full glass, right up to the brim while remarking that he needed to catch up. He supposed she may have a point, it had been a while since all of the gin at the pool hall and the effects were starting to wear off a little bit. She didn't have to fill it to the point he couldn't even lift the cup though...

"Oh come on..."

He bent his head down to the top of the glass and tried to slurp some of it up without moving the cup. He probably looked ridiculous but didn't really see any other option, wasn't about to spill the damn thing all over his nice clothes. After a few loud slurps he managed to get the vodka low enough in the glass that he could pick it up and turn his attention back to Talia. 

"Sorry, what were you saying? One track mind. Oh right.. drinking game. Well I have never heard of quarters so you'll have to explain that one for me. Never have I ever is pretty self-explanatory though. Your choice, but if you want to play this quarters thingy you'll need to tell me the rules."

He glanced at his cup again with dread before taking another sip, this vodka really was awful. Here he was thinking Talia was being a baby but nope... it was brutal.

Report Post Tip

The look on his face while drinking the vodka was priceless and rather reassuring too. It wasn't just her, that stuff was bad. Though the cranberry juice did help a little bit. She thought for a moment to offer him some of the juice but wanted to see him suffer through a couple more sips before she did that. 

"Now you understand... it's bad."

She looked down at the glass filled with the vodka then back up at Johnny. 

"Well the quarters game is you basically try to bounce a quarter off the table into the others glass. If you succeed they drink but do we really want dirty quarters in our drinks?"

Giving it a bit of a rational thought, it didn't sound as good as it initially did. Never have I ever though, that was easy enough and it didn't involve any dirty money in their drinks. 

"How about we just go with, never have I ever. We will take turns, the person going will say something that they have never done. If the other person has done it they need to drink. I'll go first!"

She didn't want to give him the opportunity of going first, cause she knew he'd specifically say stuff to make her drink. Though that was kind of the whole point of the game. 

"Ok... Never have I ever... been in a tournament fight."

Report Post Tip

Johnny sighed, of course that was her first never. He scowled at his glass before picking it up and struggling through another big gulp. When he was done he slammed the glass back down and had a bit of a full body twitch... side effect of the taste he supposed.

"Alright I see how it is... hmm..."

Johnny racked his brain trying to think of something he knew Talia must have done. It was harder than he thought it would be, well either that or the vodka was hitting him quickly and he wasn't thinking clearly anymore. It did seem sometimes like the worse the taste the quicker it got you drunk... that's probably not true at all but it fel like it. Especially right now with this taste stuck in his mouth.  He hmm'd and haw'd for a few moments then it finally came to him, or he hoped so anyways.

"Alright then Talia. Never have I ever... worn a dress."

Report Post Tip

"Really? Did you really go that route?"

She shook her head, clearly he wanted her to drink and it was something she couldn't fight. With both hands she pulled the glass with the vodka and the glass with the cranberry juice in front of her. Taking in a deep breath, Talia picked up both glasses, down the vodka and quickly switched over to the glass with the juice in it. 

It wasn't as bad doing it that way, you only have to bear with the vodka taste for a brief couple moments. Sure the liquid could still be felt going all the way down but at least the taste tapered off quickly. Placing both glasses down, Talia pulled the fourth glass next to her. At this point, after this one was drank she'd use that glass as her shot glass. 

Tilting her head down slightly, Talia slid the sunglasses down her nose to look at Johnny. There was a brief moment that she thought he may have had to pick up his drink as well and take another shot but alas this wasn't the case. 

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? Do you think...?"

"Well... you just never know." 

Talia shrugged and slid the glasses back up onto her face. 

"Okay, my turn."

She gave it a thought for a moment. Clearly she could have just said something specific to him that she already knew but she wanted some juicy details. 

"Oh, I've got it... Never have I ever slept with a fellow cast member from a movie I was in."

Report Post Tip

Johnny could already tell this game was not going to go all that well for him. Well depending on what you considered well, he would be nice and drunk pretty quick for sure. Letting out another big sigh he picked up his glass and finished off the rest of the cup.

"My god that's bad..."

Talia just gave him a curious stare like she was waiting for more details to her question. 

"Hey what do you expect? It was hollywood, I miss that life sometimes... but this new one isnt so bad either."

He grabbed the bottle of vodka and reluctantly filled his glass back up, making sure this time there was at least enough room that it could be safely picked up.

"So. Talia. Let's see... what have you done..."

The dress thing was easy, but Johnny figured it was time to get something good out of her. What might Talia have done that she wouldn't want to admit... he thought about it for a little while, even took a few more sips of his vodka just from habit; which he instantly regretted. When your holding a drink you drink though right?

Once he though of a question he wasn't sure if she would have to drink this time or not. That was part of the fun though he figured if he was sure there was no point asking.

"Lets see. Never have I ever... hooked up with someone of the same sex."

Report Post Tip

It was a question that she was hoping he would elaborate on but he didn't, instead he used a basic general comment and took his drink. It made her even more curious that he wouldn't dive into the detail, was surely something that she'd have to get out of him at some point this evening. It was now her mission to do so. 

She was about to inquire more about it but before she was able to speak he blurted out his question. 

"Lets see. Never have I ever... hooked up with someone of the same sex."

"Oh... look at you breaking out the good questions."

Talia without much hesitation picked up her two glasses once again. Pounded the vodka and quickly chased it with the cranberry juice. This combination of shot and juice made the mixture tolerable and now being four shots in the buzzed feeling was teetering on starting to get drunk. 

Looking over at Johnny she could see him looking over at her with a bit of a surprised look on his face. He was either rather impressed that she was downing the shots rather easily or he was a bit surprised at the fact that she had been with the opposite sex. 

"What?"

"Really?"

"What, to the question or the shot?"

"The question, obviously."

"Oh... yeah a couple of times. Drugs make you do some crazy shit, it was fun though." Talia said with a smile, while reaching for the vodka to pour herself another shot. 

"I have to ask though, this fellow cast member. Has it ever been a big star or just those extra people that you see in the background? Details Johnny, I need details..."

Report Post Tip

"Drugs do make you do some crazy shit, I can attest to that..."

Johnny eyes Talia's juice as she spoke... he wanted some of that juice, the vodka taste just wouldn't leave his mouth.

"Damn, I should have brought over another cup..." he mumbled to himself.

He decided he would just have to take a sip from Talia's glass... she probably wouldn't mind. Well maybe she would but it was worth finding out just to clear the awful taste out of his mouth. He reached over when she put it back down and grabbed it, taking a mouthful and quickly putting it back.

"Ah that's better. Details eh? I am affraid its not as exciting as it might sound. Sure some of them were fairly well known acresses, you can probably make some pretty good guesses if you have watched any of my movies. When your filming something your stuck in the same place with the same people for weeks at a time, usually bored out of your mind between scenes and just killing time in a trailer or a dressing room. Things tended to get a bit crazy every once in a while."

Johnny looked at his drink, and then back to Talia's juice again.

"Mind sharing? Or should I fetch another glass... this stuff is horrible."

Report Post Tip

It all kind of made sense to her, the lifestyle just based on description. She was pretty sure that she'd have done the same if she was a famous movie star but alas she wasn't. In all reality she wasn't even that big into films, sitting one place for that long just wasn't something she was able to do. 

In fact, if it weren't for the gossip within the walls of St. Clabberts, Talia would have never known Johnny was a movie star. 

"Makes sense, if I was in that position I'd probably be doing the same thing. Well either that or I'd end up murdering someone. Maybe even a little bit of both."

With a bit of a half smile, Talia reached for one of her empty glasses and poured some cranberry juice into it. She pushed it to the middle of the table. 

"I'll just allow you to have your own glass, not that I'm worried about sharing with you from mine but there's no point with all these glasses on the table."

It was a rather full table at this point; countless beer bottles, empty glasses, vodka, cranberry juice and an ashtray. The ashtray sparked a want for her, a cigarette would be delightful in a time like this. Luckily for her, she had an already opened pack of Lucky Strikes. She pulled it out of her bag, took one out and gave it a light. 

She took a big pull from it then exhaled slowly. She tossed the pack into the middle of the table, right beside the juice glass she had just poured Johnny. 

"If you want one, help yourself."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Russo's Bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL