Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 08:10:38
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [ > - >>> ]
Russo's Bar Started by: KennyRusso on Jan 06, '19 02:36

"Hey thanks, I somehow didn't notice the twenty empty glasses on the table."

He looked around the table once moreat all the cups wondering what the hell was wrong with him, he figured that was probably a long list so pushed the thought aside and grabbed his glass of vodka downing the entire cup, followed by some of the juice.

"Ahhh that is so much better."

He then shrugged his shoulders as if to say what the hell, and grabbed a cigarette from her pack and placed it in his mouth.

"I don't usually smoke, pretty much only when I am drunk actually. Goes well with booze I suppose. You have a light?"

Report Post Tip

"Oh, I guess a lighter would help. Huh?" Talia snickered then dug into her purse to find the lighter she had just placed back in there. Clearly her train of thought wasn't quite as sharp as it had been prior to this little game they were playing. Otherwise she would have slid the lighter next to the cigarettes in the same motion. 

"Ah, here it is." She pulled it out, gave it a light and glared at the dance flame for a moment. 

"Can I use it?"

She could hear Johnny asking, which snapped her back to reality. Letting go of the button, she reached over the table and directly handed it to him. 

"Speaking of being drunk, I'm well passed the drunk stage. For some reason, it seemed all of a sudden this place got really dark. Right it got dark in here?"

Johnny gave her a bit of a look, the lighting never changed but she did still have his sunglasses on. 

"Uh... you know you still have my sunglasses on. Right? 

Talia immediately brought both her hands to her face and right away felts the sunglasses upon her face. It caused her to burst out in laughter. 

"I don't even feel them on my face... Stupid vodka. We were playing a game weren't we?" She quickly changed the subject not by want but more so by randomly remembering. 

"Oh, I got one... Never have I ever... been handcuffed to a bedpost."

She watched as Johnny without much hesitation picked up his glass and downed a shot. Then directed his attentions right back onto Talia whom picked up her glass and took a shot right after him. 

Report Post Tip

Johnny was pretty drunk by this point, there was no hiding it. Talia completely forgetting she was wearing sunglasses was both hilarious and a good indication that she was feeling similar. Then came the never have I ever been handcuffed to a bedpost question... Johnny didn't even have to give that one any thought... without hesitation he grabbed his glass and downed the rest of the vodka. As he put down the glass he noticed Talia doing the same. 

"And on that note, I am going to go pay the tab. My place isn't too far from here." 

Johnny's big ear to ear grin was back as he explained he was ready to go. He was too drunk at this point to try and hide it and didnt even have his sunglasses for assistance anymore.

He got up and headed straight to the bar and paid the man, returning to the table only about thirty seconds after he had left. Talia was already standing and collecting her belongings from the table and tossing them back into her bag. 

"After you." He said while motioning to the door.

Report Post Tip

The Young man walked in smiling as he made it to the bar.  He looked at the man standing behind the bar who was filling a beer mug. 

Excuse me my friend I'd like a bottle of beer and if you don't mind I'd like to know if you seen a young lady named Aurelia? 

Report Post Tip

After the last few days, Chalk needed a drink. His eyes were tired, his feet sore, and his body exhausted. Crime was flourishing at the moment, and he almost couldn't keep up. With prohibition in full force, there were cops everywhere, and bars nowhere. He'd heard of a little place in his home city of Detroit that had been open a while without being found out, so he thought this was probably the best place to visit and not get caught.

He clocked the bakery his contact had told him about, and made his way down the alley, and then the stairs. He stood in front of the door and knocked three times, another point his contact and made very clear. The muscle took a look at him, and extended his arm to swing the door open.

Chalk nodded to the bouncer, and made his way into the bar, making his way to an unoccupied table, he noticed a few familiar faces he'd seen around the city, and nodded respectfully to them. He didn't want to ruffle any feathers, this looked like a regular place of theirs. He decided to keep himself to himself until he was invited over.

The waiter noticed a new customer, and walks over to Chalk. "Drink?" Chalk nodded.

"Whiskey. Neat. Rocks."

The waiter nodded.

"Make it a double, please."

The waiter nodded again, as did Chalk. He let out a deep sigh, and took his overcoat off, draping it over the chair next to him.

Report Post Tip

Furious needed some drinks and some good company along drinking those good drinks so when he gets into Russos Bar he looked around and saw some well-known figures sitting at the bar so he joins them and takes a seat and asks the bar-man for a double bourbon.

He had some good talk with those good guys and they laughed together and also had some quite moments over some of those fallen lately, but as they said a war is a war and then no frinds is innoscent, the agreed to those old words and got another round of drinks and just had a ball at the bar.

Report Post Tip

Russos bar, place where all the mobsters gathered with their mistresses for a drink and dance. Vincent walked in and looked around. Didnt saw any familiar faces, he took a seat at the bar. Bartender asked what he would like to get and Vincent ordered a scotch on the rocks. Bartender poured him a drink, Vincent paid for it immediately. It was very crowdy this evening. He saw a woman sitting all by herself, Vincent stood up and walked to her table. He introduced himself and she introduced back. Vincent asked what lady is drinking and ordered her another drink. They sat there for few hours, danced at some point and talked about life. When it was about time to close the bar, Vincent asked her maybe she aouod want to get another drink at his place. She agreed and Vincent picked a taxi. They drove to his place and they continued the evening.

Report Post Tip

Trixxy's gaze wandered around the nearby buildings, looking for the nearest bar. After today's antics, she needed a drink. Heading further into Detroit's business district, where all the shops and cafes lay, she finally came across a bar called Russo's Bar. She instantly headed towards it, hoping it wasn't a rough bar. She wanted somewhere with peace and quiet to meet her friend in. She knew she'd have to let him know where she was once she found a place. Texting Dreamcatcher the address, she pressed further into the building and pushed the door open. Her eyes glanced around the place, looking for any dodgy people about though the place just seemed fairly dead. Perfect.

She wandered over to the bar and smiled at the lady bartender. "Hi, can I have any of your finest beers please." she said, slightly laughing at how manly and rough that did actually sound. Waiting for her drink, she placed the money on the counter plus a tip and the bartender thanked her. Walking with her beer to find a quieter spot though there was subtle music playing. Reminded her of a Southern bar that always just had the regulars in. She sat at a table in the corner of the room waiting for Dreamcatcher to 'catch' up to her.

Report Post Tip

Dreamcatcher had been getting climatised to his new surroundings in Detroit and was pleased to have a familiar face around with him, his friend Trixxy. Having Trixxy around really helped him get settled and made Detroit feel more like home.

DC had received the address for where to meet Trixxy, however all he had was a tourist map of Detroit that had previously been used as a coaster for beers. Due to this, the map was faded, the ink had run and it had now become soggy (DC is not a fan of all things soggy). After stumbling across a Churro shop, A Greek Restaurant, a coffee shop, walking into a lamppost, standing in a  puddle, ripping his coat on a nail protruding from a nearby bus stop and losing his hat and scarf to the wind  – DC found the venue that his friend was waiting for him at.

Walking into the bar, looking aghast and dishevelled, DC hoped that Trixxy had picked a nice quiet spot to chill, relax, have beers and a ‘catch’ up (nice) – potentially even food!

Standing back and observing the venue, DC began looking for Trixxy and spotted her in a nice quiet booth where they could chat and actually hear each other. The music was relaxed, but loud enough to provide some good background listening. DC went over and approached Trixxy, offering a welcoming hug saying “Well don’t you look good, you’re looking well – at least one of us is! I’ve had an interesting time getting here!” Noticing the already purchased beers on the table he said to Trixxy “You, you’re an absolute legend. Are we eating? Can we eat in here? How are ya?”  

Report Post Tip

Taking a sip of her drink, she settled back into her seat as her eyes scanned the room. Some were set alone too, some were with friends but it still remained quiet even 30 minutes later. She placed her bag on the seat next to her in the booth as she relaxed and enjoyed the music.

Hearing the door open, kind of creaking. Could tell the things that needed revamping in this place. The noise alone turned everyone's heads from wondering who was arriving in such a loud manner. She moved her head a little to look at who it was and realised it was her friend Dreamcatcher finally arriving. She took the liberty of already ordering him a beer, though she wasn't too sure of what he liked. It's the thought that counts and all that. Smiling at his arrival, she moved to standing to give him a hug. Looking down at his clothes and the fact he was damp, she raised an eyebrow. "Well what the hell happened to you? It wasn't in the middle of the swamp ya know." she said, grinning as she sat herself down again. "Thank you, enjoy your beer! I wasn't sure what you liked." she said, picking up her own drink and taking a sip, the beer glass far too big for her hands. "Yeah we can eat if you like, I'm sure they do food... I hope." She laughed to herself, her eyes still eyeing the state of his clothes.  "No but seriously what happened?" she asked with an amused grin.

Report Post Tip

DC had finally gotten into the bar, got settled and had managed to not break anything or distract the 3 people already in the bar other than himself and Trixxy. Furthermore, he found it an achievement that he no longer resembled a tornado rampaging through a deprived village. On top of this, his shoes were wet, but there was no hole and therefore no soggy socks! DC thought this was a win.

He sat down, welcomed by the glorious sight of a refreshing, ice cold beer. The beers were served in traditional dimpled glass beer tankards and DC raised his glass towards Trixxy saying "Cheers!" they clashed their glasses and DC noticed that Trixxy wasn't holding the glass very well. "That glass too big for you to handle? DC said, laughing as he did so. DC noticed that Trixxy still had a mischievous grin plastered all over her face as she asked him what had happened to him. 

DC turned to Trixxy and said "This is a long story, a very long story full of unfortunate events, of which no swamps are present - although you'd be surprised. Events that I can't stomach when the guts empty inside. You said we can eat and I wanna eat! :D Are there menu's and what is there?" DC laughed as he tried to display a forceful attitude that clearly wasn't in his nature. He sat back, took a long drink of his beer and said "So today started like this..." 

Report Post Tip

Mel was told about this hidden bar by a woman she used to know. Mel was very young when she was told stories about this bar. She has always wanted to come here, but was afraid she would not be welcome at a place like this. But that was years ago. Now, she does not fear anyone or anything. 

It is a very busy day and Mel needed a place to take some rest, maybe have a drink. It occurred to her that she is actually in the very place where Russo's Bar is situated.

So she set out on search of the place mentioned to her. She followed the directions that she was told and finally ended up in front of the bar. She is let in by the guard and finds herself in a room that looks exactly as it was described.

She finds herself a seat at the corner, trying to stay as far as possible from the people, although there aren't many. She asks the bartender for a whiskey and goes back to her seat to relax her mind.

Report Post Tip

Grinning at how happy he seemed to look just simply being here even if he walked through hell to get here, though I'm sure the beer certainly was a sight for sore eyes. She was curious what happened though. Shrugging to herself, she took another sip of her beer. As he lifted the glass to say cheers, she picked up her own, badly might she add, to clink against the bottom of his. "cheers" she exclaimed, chuckling to herself before taking another sip. She was getting through her pint rather quickly, perhaps she'd better slow down. Shaking that off, she called over the bartender for both another drink and a menu as he had said he wanted to eat.

"Lets eat then" she said, grinning as she waited for the lady to come over. "Can we have 2 more of the same beers and some menus please." She said, the bartender nodded then went on her way. "I just want a burger I think. God I'm such a dude." she said, grinning to him before shaking her head. As he began to start his story, she clapped in excitement. "Come on then, Dreamcatcher, how'd you get like this?" she said with a smug smirk on her lips.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Dreamcatcher noted that Trixxy was definitely interested in knowing the story that led him to turn up to the bar in the state that he had. He felt satisfied that he had now received a menu and inside his stomach began to swirl, akin to taking a large bottle filled with water, turning it side wards and shaking. DC began to peruse the menu and was drawn to the Spaghetti and Meatballs – he was sick of eating meat and potatoes, that was so readily available everyday.

“You just want a burger Trixxy? That’s not such a dude thing! Burgers are THE best – open to everyone in a world where we promote equality and diversity! What kinda burger you want? Do you want anything with it? Fries, slaw etc? I’ll go to the bar and get the food ordered, it’ll come quicker. Say, hey, you want a rum chaser with our beers? If so, what kinda rum's your poison?"

Moving back to what happened that got DC into the state he had upon arrival, while Trixxy assessed the questions he’d just asked – DC mentioned “Well, this all happened because of me and my inability to concentrate, watch what I’m doing and where I’m going, as well as not being aware of what’s around me and my surroundings. I’ll tell you all about it once I get back from ordering the food at the bar”.

Report Post Tip

As he began to give her a speech about diversity, she rolled her eyes and laughed as she grabbed the menu and pushed it open. Her eyes scanned over the menu as he finished off talking and she looked at what different type of burgers they had, which was a fair selection for a small bar so she was pretty pleased. She looked at the cheese burger options and smiled to herself.

"Yeah I'll just take a cheeseburger with coleslaw and fries I think, good call on the coleslaw." She said with a grin, putting down the menu before shaking her head. She may be dude-like when it comes to drink and food but rum was another story. "No way, rum's disgusting!" she said with a light laugh. "Just the beers are fine for me, let's not get too hasty."

As he began to tell her about how he got in this state, she grinned to herself. It was quite clear he'd bumped into stuff trying to find his way here. "Yes, tell me all about it when you get back" she said, laughing as he got up to head to the bar for their order. Her eyes glanced around the rest of the bar.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

“Oooh, good call on the Cheese Burger, Fries and slaw! D’ya think your burger and my meatballs come from the same little cow? What do you think his name was? I think it was Rufus.” DC said to Trixxy, laughing as he did so.

DC was shocked by Trixxy’s admission that she wasn’t a fan of rum! He knew that spiced rum was the greatest alcoholic beverage on the planet and no-one would tell him otherwise! Although he did implore Trixxy to do so.

DC got up and went to the bar to place their order and upon arrival the lady serving highlighted to him that he looked like he’d spent a month or so deep in the most chaotic part of a tornado. DC thanked her for being observant and joked that he’d be withholding the tip.

Getting back to the table, DC made himself comfortable – he said:

“Okay, so it went like this. I couldn’t find the bar you mentioned and so I accidentally ended up in a random bar. I can’t remember what this place was called but it was an absolute dive. I tried to ask the bar staff where this bar was, but they were insulted that I wanted to leave that bar and became hostile. They bar staff went behind the bar and arose with bats. Quickly, I scanned the room and noticed a gentleman sitting alone at a table but staring at the wall. I saw they had a map of Detroit they were touching a lot but were also using It as a coaster. I quickly swiped it from under their pint, only to realise the person was blind and they tried to hit me with their stick. I ran out of the pub in a panic, out to the street.

While walking along the street my nose betrayed me and I was completely distracted by the delicious smell of the Churro Shop, once I was captured by the smell, I looked up to see the extravagant lights of the store and while walking, I stood in a super huge puddle!

Once I got my focus back, I turned my attention back to the map to actually try and get here. However, I must have had churro crumbs on me somewhere from my brief lapse in concentration and 2 seagulls got wind of this. They started to ferociously swoop at me and snap at my coat with their beaks, they stole my hat and scarf, eating it and regurgitating all over them. I panicked and ran as fast as I could but they were so quick gliding through the air and diving at me. I kept having to look up to try and time their dives so that I could duck and due to that I wasn’t looking ahead… bang, into a lamppost!

Upon getting up after that thud, vision blurred and footing stumbled I regained composure. Finding myself back on the right track, I began following the soggy map, with a cold head, a face that felt like the victim of a sledgehammer and soaking feet. I passed a bus stop that had a delightful old lady sitting there knitting. She asked me for the time and so I got out my pocket watch and when I did, she tried to snatch it out of my hand! Instinct kicking in, I quickly retracted my arm from it’s extended position, as well as swaying the rest of my body away from the little old lady – when I did this, I caught the whole side of my coat on a nail, tearing it all!

And that’s the whole story. Now I’m here, drinking beer and rum, hanging with you and looking forward to food! What do you think of that huh? Ha-ha.”

Report Post Tip

Adrian walked into Russo's Bar this was his first venture into this establishment, he over heard several members within his crew talking about the joint so he decided to pop in.  It was a crowded bar and that was something he wasn't used to.  He went up to the bar and ordered a shot of brandy and looked around as he had been bumped several times.  He wasn't worried about being pick pocketed he was concern with getting mugged if he got drunk.   Black and Liam were with him but they seemed to be struggling to get comfortable.  They got their drinks and headed over to a table.  He was surprised when he heard people saying hey The Greek is here or hey there's The Greek.  

He was surprised that @Aureila wanted to meet him here.  It had been awhile since they last met and he wanted to see her.   She was a busy woman and had very little time to socialize so getting a call was a matter of importance.  He wasn't going to miss this chance after all she was a tigress on the lose and when she made money she always made a lot for her friends.   He kept glancing at his watch wondering if he had the wrong location.  She never liked setting like this.  But he would wait for her anyway.  Liam was looking around catious as always and Black was wanting for something to jump off so he could squezze the trigger on his new twin colts.  

Report Post Tip

A sigh of relief fell upon Corky's lips when she found herself at the relatively modest, but still well kept and nice establishment simply known as Russo's Bar.  She was thankful that eyes didn't turn to her when she entered the bar.  Not that there was any reason for them too, she just never had a penchant for attention being drawn to her. Quietly she made her way to the end of the bar, making sure to be well away from other people the establishment.

"Beer, whatever is on tap is fine." The woman in her mid 20's didn't give the barkeep a chance to even ask what she wanted, the less she had to deal with the human element the better in her books. 

She slid the man some cash as he brought back the drink, not another word being spoken between the two, and Corky was perfectly happy with that.  She was halfway through her drink, and nearly done with the paper crane she was mindlessly folding with her napkin, when an unwelcoming familiar face came walking into the establishment.  Her parole officer, Quinn Tursi, came walking over to her. 

"Officer Tursi.  How unpleasant to see you." Corky said, the annoyance in her voice was as clear to read as the expression on her face.

Quinn smiled at her though, "Now, now Corky.  I'm in civilian attire, I'm a customer, same as you."

"And just because you're in civilian attire," She said doing her best, mocking impersonation of the man. "That doesn't mean you still aren't my parole officer. Now, can't you see I'm TRYING to enjoy a drink here." 

The officer glanced around and gave the woman a disappointing look. "Corky, we've been over this.  You NEED to socialize more, being alone isn't good for you." 

She groaned as she rolled her eyes, not even attempting to hide the annoyance she was feeling. "See proved me right.  Anyways, I AM being social... sir.  Can't you see I'm out at a bar drinking?  I COULD be drinking at home, aaall alone." 

Despite her clearly mocking him, and throwing what he said back at him, Officer Tursi knew very well that the woman had made a valid point. Just seeing her out like this was more than he should have expected.  "Alright, Alright.  You made your point.  I'll leave you be."  The man took his drink and left, leaving the bar entirely after he finished. 

"About damn time..." Corky mumbled once he left.  She stared down at the unfinished crane, sighed then crumpled it up and tossed it to the side. "Bastard made me lose my place." 

The bartender came back her way, sliding a new mug of beer and a fresh napkin under her line of sight.  Her face never lifted from the direction it was facing, but her eyes lifted to look at the man who put the drink down in front of her.  A half-smile, more of out gratitude than anything else, broke upon her lips as she simply told him, "Thanks." 

Report Post Tip

Devante, Sosa, Beans and Victor walked into Russo's Bar.  Devante smiled as he remembered his old friend Victor Russo.  They were childhood buddies but Victor died a few months back when his rivals set him up.  He was to purchase booze that had been hijacked he was told it was high quality and when he arrived he was shoot before he could exit.   His killers where found and executed.  Not many days pass by without Devante thinking about his old childhood friend.  

Report Post Tip

Jericho walks into Russo's Bar and heads straight up to the bar, he sits down and signals the bartender to come over.

"I'd like a whiskey, hold the rocks though."

He pays for his drink and sips away as he wonders what today might bring.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Russo's Bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL