Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 21:48:52
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >>> ]
Corona Virus Started by: Overlander on Mar 11, '20 03:59

I work in a laboratory that was tasked with coming up with a vaccine to battle the symptom and ultimately cure CODIV-09 (coronavirus).  We finally made strides to the point of stabilizing the disease in test subjects and one of the head scientists took our primary sample and dumped it down the drain.  I was too shocked to say anything but a lady I work with spoke up immediately and really yelled at him like wtf are you doing??? He said "I don't give a F this is my last day anyway" and shrugged and walked out of the lab.  Couldn't believe it.  No one took any notes either so now we have to start from scratch.

Report Post Tip

Idk, if it would affect me too much here. I think people would rather have to deal with maybe giving or getting the corona virus vs being withoutr AC for a prolonged period of time. 

Report Post Tip

I hate to sound like a moron but I am going to keep on working until my boss tells me otherwise. I think that this is a serious virus and we have to take certain precautions, but I also believe that the media have completely and utterly blown it out of proportion. But what do we expect? News like this sells papers and gets air time.

Report Post Tip
Do you really hate that though Hector? Really?
Report Post Tip

Not so easy to call, all that rae sick in any way should be allowed to be home with full salary and those who are fresh and young can easy work without any problem.

Report Post Tip
I'm older and in good health ... I'm not concerned at all.
Report Post Tip

•Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands aren't clean.

^--- this right here is the motherfucker.  I never realized just how often I touch my face, rub my eyes, scratch my face, chew on my nails, fingers touch my lips when im smoking and even just generally putting my hands on my face in some capacity like every minute.  like EVERY single minute. 

I need mittens :(

And then tie those mother fuckers to my belt loops with limiting straps so I can reach like, nearish my face, but not my face. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Passes squishy some mittens.
Report Post Tip

I work in the sport industry and as you can see our world is shut down

Report Post Tip
And I thought this would be funny cople days without doing anything, just chill at home. No fun at all guys...
Report Post Tip

It does not kill you no worries you will be just fine death ratio is just 7 % , that too old and low immunity people , it just gives you headache,cold,fever etc no need to worry it will perish in about a month as soon as the temp rises 

Report Post Tip

Job has already asked who can work from home... I'm still not understanding why people are stockpiling toilet paper...

Report Post Tip

I'm presuming if you're self isolating and eating normally, you'll still need to go poop during the two weeks but not want to go out to buy more if you run out...

Report Post Tip

On the face touching thing, I heard a doctor saying they believe there are receptors near your eyes which can potentially allow infection to occur. However, the sample size for this data is so small, it is unlikely to have any proven reductive quality. 

Report Post Tip
^we got a genius on our hands
Report Post Tip

Thanks man, I don't know anything about infectious diseases though. I believe the doctor I was referring to does as he's an expert in that field.

The expert was Dr Michael Osterholm - http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/about-us/cidrap-staff/michael-t-osterholm-phd-mph

Report Post Tip
Thank you for calling your bullshit before I did. Respect
Report Post Tip

How's life, Bearderus? Still into your cousins? 

Report Post Tip
Nothing much man just fucking your cousins instead hehe. But I’m glad you dropped your gentlemanly veneer though Mr. “sample size is so small” LOL. You ever gonna stop trying to sound like something you’re clearly not? Mr. Mafia Returns research scientist hahaha
Report Post Tip

this week, the same people who were just the other day saying what bullshit this are singing a different tune.

My day to day won't change much, just an extra kid home all day. We wash our hands, and we keep our house clean, because I am immunocompromised due to medication I take.  I usually limit my interaction with other people because I work from home anyway, and I don't live in a neighborhood, we live in the country. I bought a few extra groceries.. nothing major, but.. I did buy extra coffee - because - COFFEE. 

We already use dial soap bars, so, no hand soap, no problem, use the dial bars. 

We'll get through, and so will most of you.  

SNEEZES

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Corona Virus
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL