Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 01:35:58
Page: [ <<< - < ] … 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [ > - >>> ]
Who will be the NEXT US president. Started by: Kris on Mar 27, '20 03:01
MiniMac - that you make a glaring typos whilst chastising my "simple brain" is typical of your level of discourse.

Do you understand how debate works? The mechanisms of it?

I'm probably wasting my time, but I'll try to explain something to you in terms you understand. Your fixation on "shitting" on others, aside from the vulgarity you stain yourself with, posits you as an inadequate. You *need* to see yourself as powerful, and capable of dismissing, with ease, others. What this tells me about you is that you understand on a existential level that you are incapable of engaging in honest debate, which is why you literally ignore what is actually said to you, and refer to the noisy voices in your inner world, the ones you "shit" on with ease. Your imagination runs riot because you have seen others do this in the meme and clip world that informs your (a)political understanding.

I'd go further and suggest that large parts of your identity are tied up in the persona that exists in your mind, and that your inability to absorb words constituting "valid points" stems from existential fear.

So, here's a challenge. The motion I propose is this:

Trump Tweeting "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" and his other one about sending "the Feds" into Chicago illustrates how completely incompetent Trump is. The man, literally, doesn't understand the role and scope of his job.

So, what you have to do now is illustrate how these Tweets illustrate his competence and his understanding of the role and scope of the office he holds.

Now, to be personal, you simply aren't up to the job, and i predict you will make assumptions and presumptions about me personally (as you have repeatedly done) or about who you imagine me to be.

So, there you go. You gonna try and debate a points or are you going to confirm that you are incapable?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I could care less either way at this point, all the choices i feel are bad. If i were to vote though ima go with Trump.

Report Post Tip

Your simple brain cannot comprehend typos as typos. You somehow relate that to level of education? This isn't formal/professional documentation. Spend less time worrying about your grammar, and more time on actually logical and valid points.

Trump Tweeting "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" and his other one about sending "the Feds" into Chicago illustrates how completely incompetent Trump is. The man, literally, doesn't understand the role and scope of his job.

See, already you seem to not understand what facts are. You somehow think you're aware of the role or scope of his job?  

"Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces. Under Article II of the Constitution, the President is responsible for the execution and enforcement of the laws created by Congress." 

Laws state that looting is illegal. He is warning the people that if they participate in the criminal law breaking, transitioning from legal protesting to illegal rioting and damaging of property and lives.... then our police are justified in using correct levels of force, such as shooting them with alternative bullets. 

But, lets take a look at your statement. On what basis do you, a British citizen with no experience in politics know about a political position in a country that you have never lived in? 

Report Post Tip

As for the personal attack:

You *need* to see yourself as powerful, and capable of dismissing, with ease, others. What this tells me about you is that you understand on a existential level that you are incapable of engaging in honest debate, which is why you literally ignore what is actually said to you, and refer to the noisy voices in your inner world, the ones you "shit" on with ease. Your imagination runs riot because you have seen others do this in the meme and clip world that informs your (a)political understanding.

No Kuku, once again you're able to completely miss the mark. Much like the majority of the community here, i just simply think you're an idiot. This is something wildly accepted in the community here. You use this place to give yourself some sort of feeling of importance. I'm guessing it's probably due to a lack of anything productive from your real life. 

No sir, I shit on you, because you're literally a toilet to me. Thats why I shit on you. 

As for my "meme culture". Yes, the right is much better at memeing... i mean, witty people make witty memes right? 

But you's so very mistaken as to the resources I utilize. I follow sources from both the left and the right. I'd be willing to say, I have a much more overall system of resources. You on the other hand... I feel like you just surround yourself in an echo chamber of idiots like TYT/Damage Report and David Pakman.

Report Post Tip

MiniMac

Laws state that looting is illegal. He is warning the people that if they participate in the criminal law breaking, transitioning from legal protesting to illegal rioting and damaging of property and lives.... then our police are justified in using correct levels of force, such as shooting them with alternative bullets. 

Trump says nothing about "alternative bullets."  That's you, as I predicted you would, engaging in psychological gymnastics to justify something.

Property theft is a crime.  Shooting people is also a crime.

What Trump said in that Tweet amounts to this: "when some citizens break some laws shooting will commence" 

Trump says nothing about who will be shooting, or who will be shot.  So how is his Tweet about "the execution and enforcement of the laws created by Congress"?

And people with your mindset lap it up. 

Now, let's return to his imbecilic Tweet: "If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!"

Illustrate how this Tweet demonstrates Trump's understanding of his job?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $2,000,000 Tip

I'm still waiting for your to address my questions. 

Report Post Tip

Also MiniMac:

No sir, I shit on you, because you're literally a toilet to me. Thats why I shit on you. 

But here's the thing, you don't, literally or metaphorically, "shit" on me.  But you really, really wish that you could and you spend a lot of time fantasising about it.  And that's interesting, isn't it?  Because it says so much about you, and it says nothing about me.

As for my "meme culture". Yes, the right is much better at memeing... i mean, witty people make witty memes right?

I think it's more a case of the "right" (you aren't right-wing in any political sense, you're simply a reactionary) understanding that they'd be wasting their time using nuance, or even talking about politics.  What people like you thrive off is bite-sized, intellectually unchallenging cliches and images that allow you to feel superior.  It isn't about thought, rationale, or politics.  It's about appealing to insecurities and emotions.  Lowest common denominator vulgarity.

But you's so very mistaken as to the resources I utilize. I follow sources from both the left and the right. I'd be willing to say, I have a much more overall system of resources. You on the other hand... I feel like you just surround yourself in an echo chamber of idiots like TYT/Damage Report and David Pakman.

This sentence makes literally no sense, but I haven't heard of any of TYT/Damage Report or David Pakman.  Analysing the Trump phenomenon (which I saw coming, by the way, and Brexit, I bet on both and won money on both) is fairly simple.  Some Chomsky (media bias), some Gramsci (media bias, cultural hegemony), Stuart Hall (moral panics), and a working knowledge of 1930s Europe illustrate the appeal and danger of populism.

That's why this conversation doesn't affect me on an emotional level, and it's easy to engage with intellectually.  I don't think I'm better than you just because I know what I know: most people don't.  I don't doubt your sincerity.  I am sure you believe everything that you say.  But what I'm saying is that it was designed for that purpose.  You are simply the end product of an organic process, that presents as a backlash against an elite, but is the opposite.

My thinking that Trump is a disaster for America doesn't mean that I wanted Hilary Clinton to win.  The sad fact is that had Clinton win, far more people, American service personnel and foreign civilians, would likely be dead.  And I don't know much about Biden, either, but I wouldn't be happy about his election, just as I wasn't about Obama's.

But what I am saying is that Trump's election, and the UK's decision to leave the EU, represents powerful elites using large, dis-empowered cohorts to further right-wing agendas.  It's the oldest trick in the book.  

Also MiniMac

I'm still waiting for your to address my questions. 

You'll be waiting until we have concluded the debate that we are having, about the motion I proposed.

That's how debating works.  A motion is proposed, and it is debated.  You don't get to deflect by asking other questions.

This is the difficulty in engaging in actual politics, instead of reciting memes.  There is an emerging generation completely incapable of understanding anything that isn't throwaway.  

Oh fuck out of here, 
You mean, you can ask me questions, and will not address anything I ask you?

Report Post Tip

If you are willing to have a debate using the Socratic method, then lets do it up.
If you're not going to address anything I ask to you, which is part of building my argument, then you can continue your job as my janitor. 

Report Post Tip
MiniMac

"If you're not going to address anything I ask to you, which is part of building my argument, then you can continue your job as my janitor."

Again with the fantasies that posit you as superior. It's rather sweet.

When you have addressed my points, without attempts at deflection, I'll ask you to restate your questions.

Until then, enjoy your scatalogical delusions of grandeur.
Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $2,080,000 Tip

Trump's an orange dickhead so Kermit the Frog would probably be better.  He's green, not orange! 

Report Post Tip

Trump will win. There's no other smart choice. Biden had onset dementia. Democrats made a bad choice.

Report Post Tip

Lauding someone for being green as opposed to orange could get you in a LOT of trouble in certain areas of Scotland.

Report Post Tip
Truth, Cinnamon

Somewhat ironically, Trump the orange man will be popular amongst the Scottish orange men!
Report Post Tip

😂🤣😂🤣 The NDL neanderthals

Report Post Tip
Samuel L Jackson, just wait >.>
Report Post Tip

Resurrected with good and fun memories of this topic. How's it going now?  

Report Post Tip
Just remember my lines in the next election. Biden thanks for him and will say that hid hice Harris will be theres choice in the democrats. USA NEEDS a woman as president. Do your job to fix this all smericans.
Report Post Tip
Politics thread... always going to get feisty

I have no idea, American politics to me doesn’t make any sense.

It seems anyone elected can’t submit any changes they want
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Who will be the NEXT US president.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL