Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 14:36:42
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [ > - >>> ]
Working from home Started by: PeterMcNeil on Apr 06, '21 09:59

For those of us who have been fortunate enough to be working from home, and for those in the UK at least seeing slight return to normal coming, do you see yourself going back into your place of work full time?  Do you even want to?  Do you have an option to not return to the office and continue remote working?

I've gotten so used to the stress free aspect of it, and getting so much more done, that I definitely wouldn't want to go back into an office full time, and would certainly be reluctant to do it for more than a day or two when necessary.  

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip
I've found that I actually prefer going into the office. Working from home doesn't work for me as I find it boring so I'm more easily distracted. Plus you can guarantee my girls will pick a fight with each other just as I'm about to do something that needs my full attention.
Report Post Tip

I think I'd like the most to blend the two things, going to "office" only sometimes. The two ways have so different pro and cons.

The nice part of working home is that you can be more comfy, save the time and stress of the travel, but, as also Lib said, I get easily distracted.

Going outside to work feels more like... living, and not stay closed between 4 walls (even if you actually do that at work aswell), but the downside of the travel and whatnot, that in some cases can be long and stressing.

Report Post Tip

yeah working from home sucks, cant concentrate at work plus you lose that joy of going home after work because well you are already at home....last year in april we worked from home and i didnt do shit whole month

Report Post Tip

I think it's going to switch to a hybrid model where I'll have more days to work from home, but I kind of enjoyed going to the office for the most part through this whole year + of pandemic.  

It seems like a lot of people went stir crazy by being stuck in their houses all week and it took its toll on them, so I felt grateful to be able to get out, go on a drive, etc.  That said, it is proof that a lot of work doesn't have to be done at an office, and the bottom didn't fall out of a lot of these companies that were recalcitrant to offer it.  Employees are going to demand it and I don't think there's much these companies can do when they've gotten the taste of no commute or fuel costs for the better part of a year.

Report Post Tip

I can not work from home.  Way too many distractions.  But I agree that a new thought process regarding working from the office has blossomed.  

Report Post Tip

There are definitely distractions, I guess it's all about trying to limit those.  I know it certainly was hard for me for the first few months, and like DonnieBrasco_ said I also did shit all.   But now I've got into the rhythm I really don't think I'd be as productive going back into the office, but that is possibly just my own job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGg1567fzTY

Report Post Tip

I can chose what I do but for me working from the office is 100% my first choice.  Working from home I end up getting distracted by ANYTHING other than work.

Also the child and hubby are at home and they just get on my nerves!

I think having the choice is the best and maybe a blended approach could be a plan going forward.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I would love to find a working from home job, but I have yet to find one. It is definitely much harder than I thought it would be and honestly I wouldn't know where to start anymore. I definitely need a job though, Im getting married and getting things done for college, graduating this may, so an at home job would be perfect. 

I wish I could work from home.  No such luck for me though.  I work retail,  wonder if I could work something out to have them come to my house?  haha 

Report Post Tip

I try to treat it the same way I would if I went into the office. Dress up, look professional, not slack off even if it is tempting, I even know people who work from home in their PJs. It's easy to get to comfortable. I do miss the face to face interactions as well. I find some things get lost in translation over text messaging. There's nothing like hanging around the lunch room and shooting the shit with your coworkers.

Report Post Tip

Agree with some of the other comments, I worked from home pre covid so wasn't really a change for me however not being office based means you are never really not working. You don't get that switch the computer off moment say goodbye to everyone and leave the building etc. I think I work more hours and out of office hours now than I ever did working in an actual office. Not moaning though it certainly has advantages too working from home! 

Report Post Tip
Working from home is more efficient, but not always possible in my work.
Report Post Tip

I don't particularly want to go back to work as generally in a poorly ventilated auditorium with 160 students.   The students don't particularly want to come back to class either but are trapped in contracts for halls of residence and although they don't want to be in class, they do want to be with friends at university.   Unfortunately, the university has decided to resume classes for a few weeks from the 19th before is pretty exam season which has been replaced with an assignment for many, so apart from labs hopefully contact will be as minimum as possible, is classrooms for tutorials only

Report Post Tip

For the last 2-3 years our work has done "Smarter Working" which is basically everyone should be working from home 2 days a week, due to space restrictions. With work being split into 2 different businesses, one half encourages that, the other wants all people in always. I know my current team will probably only have us come in maybe once a week, at the most two. 

Report Post Tip
I get so much more done working from home. That’s mainly as I’m not travelling to meetings. It’s been a really blessing in disguise.
Report Post Tip

I feel like a good mixture of the two, is what will work the best for me in the future. I like going to the office, if I have a lot of things to discuss with certain people - however I do also enjoy working from home. I can work in peace, and I get a lot of stuff done.

We have a really small team in our 'office', most of the other people in the company are in a different country, and commercial rent is expensive. We were able to break our lease during lockdown (long story) so right now we don't have an actual office, I have no immediate plans to change that.

Report Post Tip

I've been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic, only going in when absolutely necessary and when it's an emergency. I miss not being in the workplace, the comradery with your colleagues and the banter with the individuals in the establishment. So I do miss not being in work, but also have found peace and time to think in the working from home environment.

I think this pandemic has probably allowed employers  to assess their policies and find ways to work more efficiently and the flexibility it's probably brought some employees has been very beneficial. As for stress, it's a little less stressful from home but only a little and in a different way. I've found some things that used to stress me at work, not effect me like they used too. Where as some things that didn't bother me, have bothered me way more.

Report Post Tip

Not been too bad working from home for the last year. I’ll be doing a mix when things go back to normal, my work life balance has been great for the last 12 months. Only thing is I no longer have the excuse of not taking my laptop home if people need something done. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Working from home
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL