Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:04:20
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [ > - >>> ]
Detroit Yacht Club Started by: Mercury on May 20, '13 20:39

It all happened really quickly, there was no talking, there was no feeling the man out. It went from zero to gunpoint in the snap of fingers. She knew it was bound to happen and without much hesitation once she saw Johnny reach for his gun, she had hers in hand. Two hands to be exact, the cocaine was doing numbers on her nerves. Making her hands, body jittery. 

She had so much energy, even sitting still was a task. 

”I guess we are doing it this way, huh Johnny?” Talia spoke up while standing up, gun still drawn on Frank. “Go ahead, get him to open that safe. Let’s see what’s in there.”

She have Johnny a slight head nod to let him know she’d keep an eye on things. 

Report Post Tip

"I guess so. Sorry I am not really the talking someone into it type... booooring."

Johnny turned back to Frank but didn't speak right away, just hmm'd and haw'd for a few moments.

"Well I guess you have a few options Frank. One way or another we're taking this Yacht club. You can open the safe, show me whats in there... you know cooperate and give us the business OR I can shoot you in the head and find my own way into the safe."

Frank apparenty liked the sounds of the first option better because he scurried out of his chair and crawled over to the safe and started fiddling with the dial.

"Come on Frank, let's go. This peice of shit isn't worth dying for is it?"

Johnny walked a little closer to encourage Frank to hurry up. He was clearly either stalling or just too damn nervous and shakey to get his own safe code correct.

Johnny turned to Talia and sighed loud enough for Frank to hear the disappoinment in his voice.

"You know I was really hoping to avoid making a mess. I didn't want to spend the night cleaning brain off the wall of my new office..."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

“What’s a new office without a bit of flair in it?” 

Talia gave Johnny a smile, with the gun still pointed at Frank. She followed his every move, diligently guiding the gun in the air. Frank still fumbled with the combination. Sure it could have been nerves and for normal people it very well would have been but it dawned on her how cool and collect he was when the guns were first drawn on him. 

”He’s stalling Johnny, he’s stalling. He has no ambitions to open that in front of us.” 

Talia was getting antsy, heart still racing from the coke and she was getting rather annoyed. 

”Fuck this, fuck him!”

Directing her attentions fully on Frank, Talia gave the trigger a slight squeeze, sending a bullet flying towards Frank. The sound echoed through the tiny office as it hit him right between the eyes. Blood engulfed the back wall of the office, the safe and partially Johnny. Johnny whom quick turned to Talia. 

Report Post Tip

The noise nearly deafened Johnny, all he could hear for the next 30 seconds was a ringing. He turned to Talia only meaning to talk but it came out as more of a yell...

"WELL I GUESS THAT"S ONE WAY OF DEALING WITH IT. I BET WE ARE GONNA HAVE SOME COMPANY SOON."

He nodded to the door that was still barred shut with a chair.

"I DON"T THINK THAT"S GOING TO KEEP THEM OUT."

Johnny looked back and forth from the safe to the door a few times trying to come up with a plan going forward.

"ALRIGHT YOU GET THAT SAFE OPEN AND I'LL WATCH THE DOOR? DOES THAT WORK? OR IF YOU WANT I'LL DEAL WITH THE SAFE? OR I GUESS WE CAN WORRY ABOUT THE SAFE LATER AND JUST CLEAR THE PLACE?"

It was more so just questions and less of a plan... but surely Talia would settle on one of the options he had so calmy laid out.

Report Post Tip

If the gunshot wasn’t a loud enough alarm that shit had gone down, Johnnys tone was sure to settle that. He was on a complete other level, yelling basically at the top of his lungs. Talia gestured at him best she could to keep it down but he just wasn’t getting it. 

Dude, shhh...shhhh.”

She places a finger over her lips, while waving her gun in the air. 

”Shhh...”

Not like the shushing really mattered, the gunshot the splattered Franks brains all over the office was signal enough things were going down. The sounds of footsteps and commotion could be heard coming down the hallway. 

”Johnny... JOHNNY!”

The second calling got his attention, they needed to go. They needed to get out of this office before they were cornered, the safe could wait. She kicked the chair out from underneath the doorknob and swung the door opened, carefully peering her head out. 

”We need to get into the office across the way, let’s go.”

Report Post Tip

Johnny's ears had finally stopped ringing by this point and he actually heard and understood the part where she had suggested heading across the hall. There was another identical office right accross the way.

"Alright..."

Johnny headed into the hallway and the first thing he saw was the woman from earlier speed walking towards them. She had seen them both, and she was about to see her bosses body... so instinctively Johnny's reaction was to raise his gun and shoot. The first bullet hit her in the chest, so just to be sure he put a few more in her as she fell before turning back to Talia.

"Ummm, watch your step... should be clear now...?"

He motioned with his head as he spoke, indicating it was safe for her to cross the hall. Once they were both in the other room Johnny leaned on the desk and looked over to Talia once again.

"So what now?"

Talia ducked behind the desk and quick gave the office a look over. It was rather similar to the one they had just left, the one with Franks brain matter all over the back wall. There was one slight difference, a rather big one. Sure they sat there behind the protection of a wooden desk but the window that was behind them may have been an issue.

"So... we have one of two options." Talia said in a rather low tone. "We can stay here and wait, see who and how many come to check on Frank and the receptionist. When they come, we can end them as well or we can sneak out that window and go around back and try that route."

Talia watched as Johnny craned his neck backwards to glare at the window, he obviously didn't even notice it and could pose as an issue. Having two possible angles for shooters isn't what you call ideal. They'd be well out of position and would more then likely end up like poor ole Frank.

"Window!" Johnny motioned towards it, signifying they should bounce and take the long route.

With a nod, Johnny slowly stood up. A signal gunshot could be heard, causing Talia to grab a hold of his arm, pulling him down towards her. The bullet crashed through the window, shattering it onto the pair. She wasn't sure if her pulling him down saved him or if the shooter was just a bad shot but nonetheless the bullet missed him. It logged itself in the wall, somewhere. Only leaving a hole where it went through.

"Fuck! Well... plan B?"

Report Post Tip

Johnny poked his head back up to take a look out the now shattered window that the bullet had flown through a few seconds earlier only to be yanked back down by Talia as another bullet flew past his head.

"Will you keep your damn head down!" She shouted at him.

"There is a guy with a gun back there!" He responded.

"No shit! What was your first clue the bullet that missed your forehead by a few inches or that big shattered window?" She wasn't yelling this time, but she sure did sound annoyed. 

"No no, neither. I saw the guy!" Johnny nodded all proud of himself as he spoke.

Talia burried her face in her hand for a moment before simply shaking her head and getting back to the previous question.

"So whats the new plan?" She asked.

"Well I think the window is a bad idea. I guess that leaves the door? There are only two ways out of here and since we have already killed the owner and that other lady... I guess we kinda just need to clear out the building and then give Ood's guy a call. You know that creepy guy who shows up to clean up and dispose of everything then you never see him again until next time? That guy. What the hell was his name? He never speaks..."

Report Post Tip

After a decent but not spectacular meal at Athena's Cafe, Mercury went out into the street looking for a cab. She flagged one down and got in. She pulled out some papers from her coat.

Take me to the Detroit Yacht Club she told the driver. She read over the property deed that her great great great Grandmother had left for her. She wondered what condition it would be in considering the length of time family had been here.

Once they got close, Mercury noticed there was activity. She thought this had been closed however she could be wrong.

A SHOT RANG OUT!

STOP! Mercury shouted at the driver. You didn't hear anything, understand? she said to the driver.

Visibly shaken, the driver just nodded. Mercury handed him several bills. Mercury exited the cab. Get out of here, she said. She had hardly gotten the words out and the cabby was gone!

Included with the deed was a single page map. It showed all the prohibition entrances and exits from the main building and boathouses. Mercury got her bearings then located an entrance that led to a trap door in the kitchen. It took quite an effort to open the door! Mercury threw the power switch. Every fourth bulb or so came on. Mercury made her way towards the trap door. As she got closer, she decided to remain where she was and listen.

Report Post Tip

"Is that really important right now? We should worry about not dying first, don't you think?" Talia muttered in a rather sarcastic tone.

"Huh.. yeah I guess that's a good point. I was just saying though."

"Whatever..."

Talia just shook her head and did one of those half crawling walks to the office door. It would have been a full crawl but her better sense took over, crawling through glass wouldn't have been ideal for the knees. It took her only a moment to get to the door, the inside part of the door. Voices of a few men could be heard at the end of the hallway.

"Shit, Jackie... they killed Jackie."

"Frank! You down there Frank?"

Talia did the only thing that made sense in her head.

"Frank is dead!"

There was a moment of silence, followed by gunshots. From the angle of the office and the hallway, the bullets weren't coming into the office. They were more of panic firing on the part of the men.

"Bitch, you're gonna die." One of the men blurted out.

"Yeah, maybe one day but today isn't that day. This is our operation now and if that means killing everyone here then so be it."

Talia motioned for Johnny, she still had no plan and they were slightly trapped but they had one advantage....

Report Post Tip

Johnny looked over at Talia and she was waving him over towards the office door, so he headed over and peered around the corner. The there were two men in the office across the hall franticly searching for Talia, luckily they were looking the wrong way...

"Think its just those two? Also what the hell are they shooting? They are some kinda special, you just yelled at them from ten feet away and they have no idea where you are? I kinda thought it was just that Frank guy and his little helper... place looked like it had barely been touched for years other than the boats out back..."

Talia just shrugged and held up her gun.

"Alright then, lets clear the place out and try not to die? After that we can figure out the rest..." 

Johnny popped open the cylinder of his gun and gave it a spin, popping a new bullet into each of the three empty slots before closing it back up. He then nodded to Talia to indicate he was ready whenever she was. 

Report Post Tip

With no more then a nod, Talia dove out into the hall. She caught glimpse of the two men and they caught a glimpse of her. Their eye's widened, panicked they fumbled with their guns. It gave Talia just enough time to fire off a couple rounds, two bullets hit the guy in the left. One in the knee dropping him to the ground and the last one in the forehead.

Blood splatters over the walls and onto the guy standing next to him. He raised his gun and took aim on Talia, Talia directed her attentions quickly to the other guy. Pulled the trigger... It was at that exact moment she felt a massive tug at her legs. It was a sensation like none other, she had no control over it but she was getting pulled.

Her shot hit the wall next to the guy, he managed to get off a couple of shots. Each of which missed her but mere inches.

Just like that she was back in the room, basically laying underneath Johnny whom was giving her a quick scan over.

"Are you shot? You ok?"

Talia looked up at him and began laughing.

"What?"

She continued to laugh, while sitting up. Using her hands as props to keep her upright.

"That was fun, such a rush. Though I would have gotten the other guy if you didn't pull me in here."

"You would have hit him, maybe but you'd be dead."

"Eh, agree to disagree?" Talia gave him a smile.

Report Post Tip

For second Johnny considered shoving Talia back out into the hallway for another 'rush' and to finish off the job. He was rather fond of her though so he decided against it. Would have been a shame if he threw her out into a bullet.

Just then his thoughts were interupted by several bullets flying through the wall just above his head.

"Well shit, bad time to lay around I guess..."

Johnny pushed himself back up onto his feet just on time to see the door swing open. When it was open though there was nobody there. He tried his hardest not to laugh but couldn't hold it in. There was nowhere this guy could possibly be other than behind the sheet of drywall to the right of the door. Holding his laughter just long enough to aim straight he fired four shots through the wall.

There was a horrible yell and a loud thud on the other side of the wall. 

"I think I got him?" 

Report Post Tip

It was a rather loud thud, echoing through the hallway. Talia turned to Johnny and laughed once more.

"Yup, I think it's safe to say you got him."

Talia, stood up and slowly peered her head out into the hallway. Sure enough there was a dead man, bleeding out on the floor right there and of course the guy down the hallway was still down and out. Would have been some crazy shit if he had gotten up after that....

"You think that is everyone?"

Report Post Tip

"I hope so, reckon we should try and get into that safe?"

Johnny checked both ways before crossing the hall back to Frank's office, once Talia was in the door he closed it behind him and put the chair back again.

"Just to be safe." 

He headed to the back of the room and started fiddling with the safe door. He pressed his ear against the door as he turned the dial, he wasn't sure what he hell he was listening for and truthfully he didnt have a clue what he was doing but it always worked in the movies...

"You actually know how to crack one of them?" Talia asked from behind him.

"Not a damn clue." He kept spinning the dial anyways as he answered.

"How about you try 3-33-20-13?" Talia said without even a slight pause.

"That's pretty damn random but sure why not..."

Johnny spun the dial to 3, then to 33, then to 20, then finally 13 and gave the handle a pull. There was a click and it swung right open.

"What the hell...?" He turned to Talia with a confused expression on his face.

She didnt respond, she simply held up a mens wallet, and a little piece of paper with 3-33-20-13 scribbled on it.

"Oh... good thinking..." 

He returned his focus to the safe now, curious to see what was inside. There was a whole bunch of papers, useless papers really. Tax stuff, receipts... hell there wasn't even much money in there and there was definitely no deed or anything really indicating that Frank even owned the place.

"What the fuck is this crap? Did this Frank guy even own the place? I was told he did. He had an office... it all made sense. What the hell..."

Report Post Tip

Talia shrugged her shoulders, she didn't know what the answer was. All she knew was that they now had 4 dead people on their hands and hoped that was the only bit that was about.

"Perhaps it's not his place, what kind of shit did you just get us into?" She looked at him just shaking her head. If he mistaken and this was already an established place from some other family, things were about to get really bad.

They had already committed to taking the place over though, at this point there was no turning back.

"Leave the safe, we need to make sure the rest of the place in cleared before we dive into the details. I'm not looking to get shot in the back while casually walking down the hallway. Ok?"

Frustrated with the contents of the safe, Johnny grabbed a handful of the papers and slammed them onto the ground. He turned to the dead Frank and kicked him in the ribs. "Fuck you Frank.... Fuck you!"

"You know he is dead, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Ok, well glad that is settled. Can we go clear the rest of the place now or do you need to throw some more shit?"

Johnny looked at her then looked back at the safe. "Gimme a minute!" He picked the small safe up, looked to struggle a bit with it then dropped it on Franks head. The office instantly got a bit messier.

"Seriously?"

Report Post Tip

"Fucking Frank..."

Talia was giving him a bit of a what the fuck is wrong with you glare and his anger quickly disapeared.

"Sorry... but what the hell. I swear it was registered to a Frank. Was sure the papers would be in there. Guess we could go with plan B and forge something. Oh and yes, I suppose we can go clear the rest of the place..."

Johnny gave Frank one more kick after Talia turned around to walk out before following her out into the hallway to check the rest of the building. 

"That guy who was shooting at us from outside must still be around here somewhere I assume... unless he came in and was one of these two guys."

Report Post Tip

Talia stopped to think on it for a moment, sure it could have been one of those two guys but she had the suspicion it wasn't. It just didn't make much sense, there seemed too little time for that guy to make his way inside after shooting from outside. Johnny was about to walk past her, Talia throw her arm out. Kind of like a protective mother would do if her child was sitting in the passenger seat of a car that slammed on its brakes.

It caused him to stop immediately, put him on the alert.

"What? What is it?"

"I think there's one more, at least. We need to be overcautious."

Talia glanced down at her gun then brought it up in front of her. She had a few bullets left but not many, hopefully it was fully loaded but she couldn't remember...

"I should have a couple shots left, I hope..."

"You hope? How the hell don't you know?"

Talia shrugged, "I can't remember if I reloaded it after the last time or not. I either have 3 shots left or 1..."

Johnny looked at her then her gun. "Perhaps you should check that... and like now?"

Talia nodded and proceeded to check her gun. "One... two... Uh... One, shit I only have one shot left." She looked at Johnny who was shaking his head at her. "Oh wait, never mind. I'm good." She took a step backwards and pulled the gun off the dead guy Johnny killed. "Proceed"

Report Post Tip

Johnny turned and just raised one eyebrow at Talia.

"Im good. Proceed!" She motioned with her arm for him to continue down the hall.

"How'd you count up to two, and then settle on 'oh I only have one left'?" He shook his head and then turned back towards the stairs at the end of the hall.

"Anyways this is a pretty small basement if someone else is here they are probably upstairs. Or still outside. Who knows maybe he ran away, I doubt it though... lets go check upstairs."

Johnny headed over to the staircase and carefully looked up with his gun drawn.

"Looks clear so far, lets go."

They headed up the stairs and back up towards the front desk where they had originally entered. Moving carefully and checking each room before proceeding. There was still no sign of anyone yet.

"That dude must be around here somewhere what the hell..." 

He whispered to Talia as he kept turning around like a dreidel. He had his gun drawn as he turned and walked at the same time, just waiting for someone to pop out of somewhere and shoot. 

Report Post Tip

They had just gotten to last room on the floor and were about to leave, that was until Talia heard a little something. It wasn't a loud sound, was rather subtle but it stood out to her.

"Well, I guess there is no one here. Time to go."

Talia stomped her feet, acting like they were leaving. It caused Johnny to give her a rather odd look, he was about to comment something on it but stopped once Talia raised her finger to her lips. She then proceeded to point to the wardrobe cabinet off to the side in the room. She mouthed, "There is someone in there." Johnny didn't understand, apparently he wasn't a good lip reader. 

So she pointed at the closet once more, using a forceful gesture. He gave her a look, then the cabinet and it all came together. He turned about and raised his gun towards the cabinet. He was about to fire when a voice was heard from inside. It was a younger voice, a girls voice.

"Don't please... I'm not armed... Please..."

Johnny looked at Talia, whom raised her hand to hold off a second.

"Open the cabinet, slowly..."

"Ok... please don't shoot me..."

The door on the one side opened slowly, from the shades a pale face appeared. She was young, couldn't have been any older then 14 and was shivering with fear. Almost immediately tears flowed down her cheeks.

"Who are you?"

The girl continued to cry, taking a moment before finally answering.

"Samantha... Samantha Jenkins..."

Talia looked over at Johnny then back at the girl.

"Ok, Samantha... why are you here?"

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Detroit Yacht Club
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL