Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:40:53
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [ > - >>> ]
Detroit Yacht Club Started by: Mercury on May 20, '13 20:39

Before the girl could answer there Johnny caught glimpse of the same man from earlier outside in front of the building. The man must have looked in at the same time Johnny looked out because they locked eyes for a brief moment before the guy turned and started running full speed towards the street.

"I'll be right back..." Johnny said to Talia and Samantha as he turned and ran after the guy.

The guy was pretty damn fast, especially if you considered he was wearing a full three piece suit. Johnny was keeping up but he wasnt gaining on the guy at all.

"Who the hell are you? Ahhhh fuck it..."

Johnny slowed down to a walk as he yelled and carefully aimed his gun at the mans back, firing his last few bullets. They all connected with the mans back and he dropped from full sprint to flat on his face immediatly.

"Well I can't leave that there..." He said to himself looking at the very dead body bleeding out just a few meters from the road.

Johnny made his way over and grabbed the mans arm, yanking him up over his shoulder and headed back into the building where Talia was waiting. He walked back in and tossed the body on the floor in the corner.

"Guess that's..."

He stopped mid sentance when he looked up. Samantha was still balling her damn eyes out, but that wasn't why he was suddenly so speachless. Talia was giving her a big ol' motherly hug and patting her on that back. She was even repeatedly assuring the girl that everything would be fine now. 

Johnny cleared his throat to try and get her attention.

"What the hell did I miss?"

Report Post Tip

It wasn't until Johnny cleared his throat that Talia even realized he was back in the room.

"Huh?"

Johnny repeated himself. "What the hell did I miss?"

Now she wasn't exactly sure how the yacht club ordeal was going to play out but this was not something that even crossed her mind. Yet here she was coddling this girl, someone she didn't even know but someone in this moment that pulled on her heart strings. It was odd even for her but it wasn't even a second thought.

Talia took another couple moments before pulling away from the girl, standing up.

"Just stay there, ok? I need to go talk with my friend here."

The girl just nodded

Talia walked by Johnny, giving him a slight head nod for him to follow her. Which he did, followed her into the hallway and closed the room door behind them.

"What's going on?"

"Seems she was taken by these guys."

"What do you mean?"

"Like they took her, killed her family and took her. They were going to smuggle her out of the country and sell her on the black market. Probably make her some sex slave for some pervert overseas."

"Oh...." Johnny looked back at the closed door then focused back onto Talia.

"Yeah... poor thing, she's coming with us. I hope you know."

"Uh..." The hesitation in his voice said it all but she wasn't asking for permission.

"Anyways, the place clear?"

Report Post Tip

"Seems to be clear, as far as I can tell. Pretty sure we have covered everywhere inside anyways."

Johnny glanced back at Samantha in the other room again. Talia clearly saw the look, her hands went straight to her hips.

"Listen, I wasn't asking. I was telling." She said.

He could tell there was no point in arguing. Once her mind was made up that was almost always final, even if it did take forever usually for her to make up her mind about anything.

"Alright then... hey so two things. We are gonna need to clean this place up, or call someone else to clean up more likely. Secondly... since we are here, wanna go out back for some boat shopping? Would be a shame to leave empty handed..."

Report Post Tip

Talia nodded with a smile, boat shopping seemed like a fantastic idea. There was one issue though, she didn't know how to drive a boat and wondered if he did. 

"Uh, boat shopping sounds great but do you know how to drive one of those? Cause I have the slightest idea."

"Oh yeah, I've got my boat license and everything. Boat life on the weekends when I was living in LA was an every weekend thing."

"Ok, good. Then it's just the matter of getting rid of those bodies. We can either call your guy and let him deal with it or we could lug them all on a boat and drop them off in the lake. Only one issue with that though. We'd have to get them onto the boat, wrap them up in all that heavy stuff so they sink and then we'd have to clean this place up."

Talia paused for a moment as she could hear some stirring around in the room Samantha was in. Followed by the door slowly opening up. The young girl peered her head out the door, causing both her and Johnny to give her a look. 

"What?" Talia spoke rather sternly. It caught the girl slightly off guard but she still spoke, just in a subtle tone. 

"I... I... can help..."

"Help with what?"

"I can help clean this place."

Talia glanced back over to Johnny, back to Samantha.

"Do you even know what we are talking about?"

"Yeah, you're talking about getting rid of the bodies. They killed my family and were about to sell me. Making them disappear and helping you only seems right."

Talia turned back to Johnny 

"I guess we are taking care of this?" 

Report Post Tip

Johnny sighed and nodded yes, fully realizing that this meant he was going to have to haul four bodies out to one of the boats.

"Alright well lets rip up the peices of carpet that have blood on them and use those to wrap the bodies. Must be a knife around here somewhere..."

He headed back towards the kitchen they had passed while searching the place and quickly located a paring knife. He carried it back out to where the two upstairs bodies were laying and held it up towards Talia giving it a little shake.

"This should do!"

Getting through the carpet with a kitchen knife turned out to be a little harder than he originally anitcipated, but after a solid forty-five minutes of grunt work Johnny had cut out a large square around each of the four bodies, rolled them up, and dragged them out to the dock behind the building. Talia and Samantha had spent that time wiping down everything else in the building... like the blood splattered walls... and looking at the boats out back. 

As he tossed the final body onto the dock Johnny looked up and shouted over to Talia at the far end.

"So you pick out one you like yet? Oh and we still need something to make these fuckers sink." He gave one of the rolls of carpet a light kick as he said the work fuckers. 

Report Post Tip

Talia placed her hand over her eyes, the sun was really bright and she was having a hard time seeing all the boats. That's when it dawned on her, why did she have to block out the sun? Shouldn't the sunglasses be working... 

"Ah shit."

"What?"

"My, yours... well my sunglasses are gone. They must have fallen off somewhere along the way, dammit."

Johnny shook his head. "You mean my $500 sunglasses?"

"Yeah those ones."

"They have to be in the building somewhere but they aren't overly important. We need some weigh to make these fuckers sink."

She was rather shocked to hear him say the sunglasses weren't that important but then again he had a pair on himself so it wasn't affecting him whatsoever. 

"Ok... I guess I have to do everything." Talia said while rolling her eyes, she gave a look over to Samantha. "Hey kid, do me a favor. There's a pair of sunglasses somewhere inside, they look just like Johnny's, go find them for me. I'm gonna find some sort of weights."

With a nod, Samantha ran off back inside. Leaving Talia to search for something heavy... Was a search that didn't last too long, as she made her way into some kind of storage shed. A shed filled with old anchors and boat parts. Must have been some kind of mechanics building or something, either way it didn't matter she found what he needed. There was a slight issue though, the anchors were heavy, a bit too heavy for her to carry. 

Popping her head out of the shed, she yelled for Johnny. 

"Hey! JOHNNY! I found what we needed but you need to come get them."

Report Post Tip

Johnny wasn't entirely sure where Talia had gone, he figured maybe she had decided to go inside with Samantha to get the glasses. He spent a few minutes wandering around the docks looking at the boats, trying to pick out a nice one when suddenly he heard a rattle, and a shuffle from the shed beside him.

"Damn racoons..." 

He muttered to himself, before realizing maybe there was another person in there. WOuld be an odd place to hide but then again Samantha had basically popped out of nowheres herself. His gun was fresh out of bullets so he pulled the paring knife back out and slowly and carefully made his way towards the shed.

"Hey! JOHNNY! I found what we needed but you need to come get them."

Suddenly Talia's shouting head popped out of the shed door, nearly giving him a heart attack in the process and causing him to drop the knife at his feet.

"Good lord woman, how long have you been in there?"

As he entered the shed he saw a pile of chains and anchors at her feet, she simply looked down at them, then back up at Johnny.

"Thanks!" She said as she pranced away back to the dock.

Johnny hauled out one anchor and one chain at a time, carefully wrapping up each roll of carpet with a chain before attaching an anchor. This was only going to make loading them into a boat even more annoying but hey at least they would sink now. Once the fourth body was fully prepared for a burial at the bottom of the lake Johnny called over to Talia on the dock once more. 

"Hey Talia, I think we are good to go... have you picked a boat?"

Report Post Tip

Talia glanced through the boats rather quickly, one of which catching her eye. 

"Uh, yeah let's take that Nahlin over there." 

Of course it was the yacht farthest away from the building but it was beautiful and it was big.

"Seriously woman, you couldn't pick one that was closer?" She could hear him mutter, causing her to mouth back at him. 

"You said pick one, I picked one. If you didn't want me to choose you should have just picked one your damn self. So quit your whining."

Johnny mumbled something but it was nothing that she could hear from where she was standing and she pretended like she didn't hear anything at all. 

"Are these them?" A soft voice could be heard from behind her, it was Samantha who was now back with a pair of sunglasses. Talia turned around to see Samantha wearing them on her face. They were clearly the ones she was talking about but they looked good on the kid. She went to take them off, it was a process that Talia stopped. 

"You can wear them, come on let's help Johnny."

Talia could see a smile light up on her face, a smile that was reciprocated back to her before turning about to head down the dock. By the time the pair got to the end of the dock, Johnny had already put two of the bodies on board and was lugging the third one. 

"Need help?"

Report Post Tip

Johnny plunked the third body down on the stern of the boat Talia had chosen, and used his shirt to wipe some of the sweat from his forhead before turning around to reply to her. 

"Yeah sure, just that one fat one left. You wanna haul him over for me?"

He wasn't serious but apparently Samantha didn't pick up on that. She sprinted right over to the last roll of carpet and started hauling on the chain trying to pull it towards the boat."

"I guess I better get that..." 

Johnny headed back over and tapped Samantha on the shoulder.

"I think Talia neess your help with something."

She sprinted off back towards Talia again leaving Johnny to load the last guy onto the boat. Once that was done he climbed on board and turned back to Talia again.

"We good or am I forgetting somthing? Always feels like I am forgetting something..."

Report Post Tip

Talia thought on it for a moment but she couldn't think of anything. 

"Nah, I think that is it."

She could tell Johnny was hot, a bit tired and overall just ready for this to be over. It had already been a long day but at least the hard part is over. 

"Alright he muttered, he went off to do the last boat things. Whatever was needed for them to get off the dock and out onto the opened water. Took about another 10 minutes or so before that happened as they pulled off the dock. It was a rather big boat, one of which she began exploring and came across a kitchen of some sort. 

Had a full stocked icebox, food and more importantly liquor. 

She knew what she needed to do, tossed together two mixed drinks and made her way back up to the captains area. Johnny was looking at maps and whatnot, she peered out the window. Samantha was on the deck, lounging on one of the chairs. She was living the life, amazing what a couple hours had done for her. 

"Hey!" She spoke up to get his attention. He looked up rather quickly and in that moment she held the drink out for him. "You deserve this." 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Johnny spun around when he heard her voice, she was carrying a drink for him and its looked real good, it made a smile appear on his face real quick.

"Ohh that looks good thank you."

He took the drink from her and emptied half the glass down his throat right away, before placing the cup down on the map he had been looking at and taking a seat. 

"I think we are probably far enough out to dump those bodies now, figure we should probably wait for dark though. In the meantime..."

He looked over her shoulder to check for Samantha before continuing. It wasn't at all like him to care about such things but for some reason he didn't want to be a bad influence on her.

"You got anything in that necklace of yours?"

Report Post Tip

"I thought you'd never ask." Talia said with a smile as she placed her drink beside his. 

She unscrewed the base from the top and dumped the entirety of the contents onto the little table in front of them. It wasn't a lot, the necklace itself wasn't big. It was meant more so as a quick little taste when needed and not as a constant source for a good time. 

"It's not much but it should do the trick for the time being."

Talia separated the little pile into two, pushing a little bit more into the one. She formed both into a line then glanced out the window, towards the front where Samantha was still lounging. 

"You reckon, I just let her stay with me until we figure something else out?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Johnny pulled out a one dollar bill and did one of the lines, handing the bill to Talia after and waiting for her to do the same before responding to her question. 

"I think we are kind of stuck with her at this point. She seems alright though. You have a spare room at your place don't you?"

He picked up his drink and finished off the second half before getting up to take a glance out the window. Just to make sure they were still floating in a safe spot as he hadnt bothered to toss down an anchor or anything.

"Looks like the sun is starting to go down anyways. Will be nice to get rid of those bodies finally..."

Report Post Tip

Talia reached out and took the rolled up dollar from Johnny, she looked out the window once more before leaning down towards the table. 

”Yeah, I got that spare room. Hope this doesn’t mean I have to start being responsible and all that shit.” She said while bringing the dollar down towards the line. In one movement as the bill glided over the powder, it was gone. She stood upright, sniffed a couple times then rubbed her nose. Tossing the bill onto the table, Talia stretched her back, giving it a good arch and holding it for a moment before releasing. 

”Ahhh, shouldn’t we wait for the sun to completely go down? I’d think pitch black outside would be ideal.” 

Johnny nodded, “well yeah, obviously. Duh!” 

”Shut it... I was just asking.” Talia rolled her eyes in his direction. “Have you given any thought to where we are gonna store this boat? We just gonna go back to the yacht club?”

Report Post Tip

Johnny sat back down and gave her question some thought before answering.

"hmmm"

Talia gave him a puzzled look, "Well don't hurt yourself..." 

"Was just trying to think... we could keep it at the Yacht club. Either that or we could keep it where Hudson lives. Have you seen his place? Its pretty big and fancy, right on the lake. Think he'd mind being the parking spot for our boat? He is usually not home anyways... between work and running around dressed like a soldier he is pretty bust these days..."

Report Post Tip

“Oh that could be a good idea, that dude is loaded and his house is massive. Oh and yeah being on the lake works too.”

She thought on it for a moment and nodded, it was a great idea, there was only one issue though. 

”Wait... do you know him like that? Would be kind of awkward and a bit odd, if we just showed up with a big ole boat and he wasn’t cool with it.”

Report Post Tip

"I know him pretty well... enough that I think he would be cool with letting us use his dock. There was a bit of an embarrassing inncident a while back..."

Johnny paused for a minute and picked up his glass, realizing it was empty he put is back down. Really he was just stalling, trying to decide if he really wanted to talk about 'the inncident'. 

"Inncident? What happened?" Talia apparently wasn't going to let it slide.

"Well... it is kind of how I ended up leaving Hollywood and joining this whole life in Detroit. See I had an upcoming role I was going to be auditioning for... the part was lead singer in a band. I have never really been a singer but I really wanted the role... problem was I am an awful singer."

Johnny paused again hoping that was enough.

"annnnnd?" Talia asked.

"Alright, so I was really nervous about the singing thing. Was practicing pretty much 24/7 everywhere I went trying to get better at it. I was in Detroit one night in the bathroom at a pub. Cant remember the place... but I started singing Minnie the Moocher, it was my favorite song to practice. Long story short... Hudson was in the bathroom, I didnt notice him until he started singing with me. He had a great voice, ended up drinking with him all night while he gave me pointers. Few days later I moved here..."

Report Post Tip

"Singing in the bathroom, huh?" Talia chuckled a bit to herself and picked up her drink. Hers of which still had a bit of liquor in it but not for much longer as she downed the rest of the contents and placed her glass besides Johnny's empty one. 

"Well yeah, I kind of got caught up in the moment. Forgot where I was, it was rather awkward at first but it worked out."

"Ok, then let's hear it."

Johnny shook his head. "Nah, I'll pass. You sing it!"

She thought about it for a quick moment but started singing. 

"Folks, here's a story 'bout Minnie the Mooocher."

"She was a red-hot hoochie-coocher"

"She was the roughest, toughest frail"

"But Minnie had a heart as big as a whale."

She paused for a moment and looked at Johnny, waiting for either a response or for him to join in.... 

Report Post Tip

Johnny was pleasantly surprised by how good Talia's voice was, he never would have guessed she could sing. She just didn't usually seem like the cheery singing type so it was a little hard to imagine. Here she was though belting out some Cab Calloway. The next verse just happened to be Johnny's favorite so without much hesitation he continued with his favorite part of the song.

"Hi-dee hi-dee hi-dee hi!"

He only got the one line out when he saw Talia's face and stopped abruptly. She was cringing like her ears were going to start bleeding.

"I guess I have some more practice to do. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't make it to audition?"

Johnny got up to take another glance out the window. It was finally dark out... dark enough that he couldnt see the shore at all anymore, and there didn't seem to be any other boats around either.

He swung back around to Talia "Hey so two things. First, it's nice and dark now, can get rid of our friends back there if we want probably. Secondly... when was the last time you saw Samantha? We have been up here a while what is she doing?"

Report Post Tip

Talia quick glanced out the window, sure enough Samantha was not where she last was. Then again the last time she looked outside the sun was still kind of out. 

"She's got to be around here somewhere, right?"

Johnny shrugged. "Yeah, unless she jumped overboard..."

A slight panic coursed through Talia's body as she gasped at the thought. 

"I doubt she did that." Johnny said just to briefly appease Talia. "She's probably down below deck somewhere, probably looking for some food or something."

Without saying anything, Talia hurried to the door. She opened it up and poof... There she was, munching on some chips. Her mouth was full but she managed to mutter out a few words. "Would be nice if that kitchen downstairs was fully stocked, found some chips though." Talia snatched the bag out of her hand then dug in the bag pulling out a few for herself. She just shook her head and turned back towards Johnny. 

"Let's get rid of your friends and get back to land."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Detroit Yacht Club
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL