Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 06:59:13
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Whatcha Watching? The Best Recent TV Shows Are. ? Started by: LuckyLucy on Sep 08, '17 12:13

What have you been watching lately?  If you were going to suggest someone from MR pick a new series to watch on Cable, Streaming, or on Disc - what would they be?

1.  Game of Thrones (HBO) <3  The epic fantasy series everyone knows about unless they are living under a rock.

2.  Lucifer (FOX) ... yea, it's network and it's trite but I get a kick out of it.  Episodic awesomeness + Supernatural Stuff. Lucifer decides to take a vacation from hell and visit LA.  He gets mixed up with a homicide detective and hilarity and drama ensues.

3.  Sherlock (BBC) Modern twist on the classic literary character.  Start from the beginning on Netflix if you can.  Amazing acting and great story.  If you like Dr. House and Tyrion Lannister as characters, you will adore Sherlock and his cynical brilliance.

4.  The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)  Based on the classic book of the same name.  Doesn't follow the book exactly, but certainly the spirit.  An enjoyable way to spend some time.  

5.  Stranger Things (Netflix)  80s Nostalgia activate!  Goonies + Supernatural Events = Epic Win for Netflix.  If you haven't seen this one yet, I can't stress enough how much fun it is.

Of course if you're looking for a classic tv show that still holds water after all these years... MASH remains my favorite TV show of all time.  I always stop when I see it on the tv flipping through channels and the humor is still good after all this time.  

Report Post Tips: 11 / Total: $220,000 Tip
The Strain. Great show
Report Post Tip

Some decent shows you list there!

I stumbled upon Lucifer last night coincidentally. Seems Ok, I've stuck it on a series link for the sake of it. If you like supernatural stuff like that, you should try Midnight Texas, I've recently started watching this also and its enjoyable enough. Its not amazing like GOT, but its Ok.

Report Post Tip

Midnight Texas, is that the one done by the same author of the Sookie Stackhouse book series?  I think I saw a preview for that.

Report Post Tip

Aye its from the people that did True Blood. Very much in the same style of show too, just instead of vampires its a mixture of mythical types all situated in one little town in Texas.

Report Post Tip

I really like midnight texas too, but I enjoy occult stuff etc. If you like supernatural, then you may enjoy this show.

American God's is a fav of mine. Just one season in and can be confusing in the first few episodes but at seasons end it all comes together.

Vikings is great and fills a nice gap when GoT is doneski. The Last Kingdom is another that has Vikings and is set around the same period. It is a mix of historic stuff and fiction, and a good watch if craving Vikings. Not as violent, still a good watch.

Any of the DC TV shows really. The seem to have a knack for the small screen, and The Defenders is a ton of fun as well as Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

Just some I have been enjoying recently that aren't GoT.

Report Post Tip

Sorry Seraph, did you mean the Marvel shows? Or do you also recommend the DC Shows like Supergirl, Arrow etc?

I've watched the Marvel shows (except from Defenders so far) and each of them has good and bad points. All worth a watch though imo.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Hmmm, this is hard. I set my dvr to record near anything of interest but I'll list the ones that don't just collect dust. Game of thrones, the last ship, house of cards, madam secretary, queen of the South, narcos, modern family, animal kingdom, Ray Donovan, Chicago fire/pd/med/janitors/arborists.

Shows that are over that I'd watch again would be west wing, house, the good wife, sopranos. So much good TV so little time :(
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well, whichever one it is that makes the ones I mentioned. :) If its marvel, then them guys.

I use to watch Arrow which was cool. Not a fan of supergirl though. The flash was alright too. 

The Defenders is great and the best of the bunch. If you enjoy some of the others you'll really enjoy the collab.

Report Post Tip

OMG!  How could I forget House of Cards!  Love, love, love it!  Jessica Jones is amazing too.  <3

Report Post Tip
Whoo Game of Thrones!
Report Post Tip

Black Sails. epic show with pirates. Prequel to Treasure Island.

Report Post Tip
Power
Luther
Queen of the south.
Report Post Tip

I watched all the black sails within a week recently and had mixed feelings on it.  The Preacher, The last ship and GOT I follow for now even if a long wait for next series of GOT.  I am quite looking forward to Z nation coming back soon too.

Report Post Tip

Archer and Rick and Morty and mindlessly fun times.  I am slowly dying on the inside knowing I will likely have to wait until 2019 to find out the ending of GOT.  

I'm a Food Network and HGTV junkie.  Gimme some Guy Fieri, Pioneer Woman, Alton Brown, Flip or Flop...Oooo I can't turn away!!!

Forged in Fire!!  Who knew blacksmithing could be so damned entertaining?!  EET WILL KILL!!

Old School shows...Sopranos was and is the best show ever to grace the television airways, M*A*S*H, Star Trek Deep Space 9, Iron Chef Japan!!!

Oh the memories of happy times spent between my various televisions and me!!

Report Post Tip

A client of mine just got back from being a contestant on Forged in Fire!  She is from Heartland Horseshoeing School in Missouri!  Cheer for Mrs. Gregory when she's pounding out awesomeness!  She's such a fantastic person and amazing at the forge.  I'm hoping they put her son and husband on the show eventually.  They are even better and such characters!

Report Post Tip

Love a lot mentioned here, I'll throw out some others...

Halt and Catch Fire

The Guest Book

Both of the Walking Deads

Better Call Saul

Fargo (obvs... come at me, VM_Varga

Bering Sea Gold, just to point and laugh at the drama

RIP:

Bates Motel

Hannibal 

Dexter

Six Feet Under

True Blood (I need to check out that Midnight, Texas)

Peaky Blinders, should I binge this?

Report Post Tip

I tried to binge on peaky blinders, i couldn't find a strong enough appetite for it :[ 

Few of my favourites;

Fargo (not being biased), Breaking Bad, The Wire, Narcos, Boardwalk Empire, The Chappelle show,  Vikings, and orphan black. 

As for the cartoon shout outs;

South Park, The Boondocks, DBz, and the awesome Rick and Morty

Report Post Tip

Yes Nikki, binge. Tom Hardly makes a killer cameo at some point which needs to be seen. Oh shit Boardwalk Empire! Given the game we play, a must watch.

Report Post Tip

Power

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Whatcha Watching? The Best Recent TV Shows Are. ?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL