Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 05:30:48
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Russo's Bar Started by: KennyRusso on Jan 06, '19 02:36

Corktown, Detroit. Even in the middle of the Prohibition Era, it was not difficult to find alcohol if one wanted to. All over the country, there were clandestine distilleries, trying their luck and producing the dizzying liquid so adored by men (and women). There was plenty of money to be made, and many men risked their freedom in this.

Kenneth Russo was one of these men. After joining the mob, he started to make some money, but in this life, everyone wants more of that damned green paper. He talked with his brother, who proposed an idea; open up a bar. Anthony had opened a little bar in South Philly a month ago and it was a success - but they moved to Detroit, so they decided to make another little bar together.

The booze was provided by Anthony's contacts, obviously. They load up Anthony's old truck with booze and traveled all the way from Philadelphia to Detroit, with the truck full of bottles with all kinds of alcohol; they didn't worry about being stopped by the police because all the patrols was on the Russo's brothers payroll, so normally was a quiet travel.

The Russo's Bar!

It was a simple sign, and a simple place. They used the same means that Anthony used in Philadelphia to stay hidden.  It was going to run in the basement of an old bakery. There were no signs, there was nothing. If you went there, it was because you knew exactly where you were going.

The entrance was next to the bakery, through a very dark alley, the only thing someone could see in there was the sign blinking. There was a flight of stairs down and a door, always closed. To enter, you would have to hit the door three times and a bad looking guy would open it and decide whether you enter or not. This guy has a good eye for cops, that's why he stays there.

In case you managed to get in, you would find that the place was a shit hole; the place was poorly lit and there was no decoration at all, the same thing as it was in Philadelphia. The tables were placed near the walls, it had 10 tables in total and on the other side of the hall there is a small wooden counter, where the drinks are hidden. There is no shelf nor drinks to show. This time, Kenny and Anthony got the things right; the variety of drinks were good, better then in Philadelphia's bar, it had whiskey, rum, vodka, brandy and beer. On the side, behind the counter, is a door, which you do not enter if you are not invited.

In addition, it is a quiet and reserved place. Very good for business and very discreet. If you are involved with some illegal activity, occasionally you will hear about this bar, and you will probably be very welcome. Except, of course, if you are a fucking cop.

Report Post Tips: 29 / Total: $580,000 Tip

Frank and Lucia entered Russo's bar.  Frank loved places owned by Italians and Sicilians.  He walked Lucia to a little table in the back corner.  They sat and Frank ordered her a Vodka and Canadian whiskey for himself.  He looked into her eyes and then leaned in for a quick kiss.    They talked about the business deals that looked to be the most profitable and which ones were not worth the risk.  Then they covered the shopping Lucia did and the stuff she got Frank.  

Frank then talked about his family giving her more details  and Lucia want a list of thing that they would like so they can get as gifts.  Frank then explained that his mother and grandmother will want to cook and he would get the ingredients for his family once they arrived.  They would eat at home most days and their restaurant the strip club would not be spoken of in front of the women but the men can go if she was willing to take them.  Frank told her they would have to hire more security for them three men with each of them not including a driver.  

Their drinks arrived an they sipped slowly as he warned her that they women will push and dig for details of when you expect to take their son as a husband and then they will commence with planning anyway and even select a summer time date for the wedding.  Frank then took her hands and looked her in the face to let her know that she has to hold her ground or they will have them walking down the wedding aisle before they leave and have them repeating it in Sicily.

Then Frank said that if she gets a kiss on both sides of her face from his mother three days in a row before lunch in front of everyone you have been accepted no matter what.  If both ladies kiss you after the first dinner in front of the men you have been approved to become a Cali.  Then its all over they will sit back and expect her to tell them that she wants to merry him and that he hasn't proposed.  Then they will give me the evil eye which I will have to do before we go to Sicily.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Lucia heard that a new bar opened in Detroit and she was still here with Frankie. Yesterday they visited a steakhouse, so why not change stuff up today? Frankie mentioned that a new bar opened and the woman did not mind it at all to visit it so why not.  She made sure to look good, before leaving the hotel with him as they slowly enter the Russo´s bar, which was probably named after the owner or owners. The young woman cannot help it at all but look all around her. She is as curious as ever and sits down on the table shortly after as she returns his kiss. 

Lucia smiled as Frank ordered a Vodka for her, as it was her favourite alcohol drink together with simple beer. That is more than enough for her. She continues to listen to him talking about his family all the time. She is looking forward to it and has to laugh as he mentions not to speak about the strip club in front of them. It would be kind of funny to see their reaction, but she would probably not manage to in front of them anyway. Lucia would however not mind to take the men there and tells her, that she would however not dance for them, as he would not like it and it would feel wrong for her too when it is his family.

It takes about ten minutes before their drinks arrive and she immediately pours it into her glass. She sighs as she knows very well how other women, especially the older ones are digging for details. She cannot help but smile at him when he holds onto her hands. Two weddings sound like a lot though, but they are still a bit away from those weddings.

Weird rituals because she never heard about them before, but she can see that different cultures bring different customs she does not mind it either. She understands and then tells him ''I will most likely ask you once more about all of that just before we meet them anyway, as I will be a bit nervous'' she laughs.

She continues to look around while drinking some of her Vodka. Hopefully, some more people will come and join. Lucia is always happy to get to know more people. Maybe the brothers and owners KennyRusso and AnthonyRusso will join them or at least give a quick hi?

Report Post Tip

Kenny is sitting in a table, next to the counter, with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a pen in the other, he is filling a piece of paper regarding the number of alcohol that he has, he plans to make a little menu since there is none so people can have an idea on what to choose to drink. He is almost finished as he sees Lucia and Frank-Cali entering the establishment, they sit in a table on the other side of the room and the barkeep head towards them.

He finally finished writing in the paper, he drops the pen in the table and leans on the chair. He sighs then leans on his chair, thinking a bit. Kenny is already slightly drunk; he always had no control of himself near alcohol, and now that he has a bar all to himself, he is sure consume more than sell. The only problem is his brother, who will surely kick his ass later, but he doesn't mind since their fights in this year is counting 2 wins for Kenny and 3 wins to Anthony. Kenny is excited to the next fight and a chance to draw in the counting - a thing that never happened before.

He takes a long sip of the bottle and gets up with it in hands, he heads to the counter and takes the first bottle that he sees, it's a bottle of a brandy. He heads towards Frank-Cali and Lucia who are talking and having their drinks in the other side of the room. He arrives with two bottle in hands to greet them.

"Hi." He says to them as he takes another long sip of his bottle of whiskey. "How you guys doing? The place is good so far? I plan on making a little better for the eye, but for now I hope you can endure being in this shit hole." He places the rum bottle in the middle of their table and say. "Hope you guys like rum. Since you both are my first customers, this one is on the house."

Giuseppe walks into the bar after a long day on the streets of Detroit. Hoping to relax a little before continuin his business endeavours.

He takes a seat at the bar and looks at the bartender.

"I'd like a whiskey, but hold the rocks buddy."

He watches as the barkeep pours his drink.

It had been a tough day, a day of getting to know new people and learning to make a living outside of the every day petty thefts on your own.  But it had been a good day, one of money finally coming in to a degree that he could eat and drink.  Peter was very thankful for this.  

He'd be dragged to a speakeasy by Wraith as a welcome gift.  Pushed into a chair Wraith went to the bar and ordered two whiskeys, and a side of water to dull the bitter task.  Taking a sip the young Peter bulked a little at the taste.  However, he knew he had made it.

Report Post Tip

Lucia continues to sit at the table while drinking her glass of Vodka.  After she finally finishes it, she leans back as she looks all around her. Shes sees new people such as PeterMcNeil and Giuseppe entering the place. They all seem to enjoy drinking, why is no one in this place taking a non-alcoholic drink? Do they feel pressures to drink, due to the other ones before them?  She does not know but is not one to talk anyway either as she immediately takes an alcoholic one. At least she is trying to cut down with the alcohol lately and takes the non-alcoholic alternative quite more often.

Water, the juices and tea are good alternatives and taste good. It does not take too long until a man joins them at the table. He has two bottles in his hands. Her first thoughts are that it is impossible to help him with his addiction.  By how he is talking, and what KennyRusso tells her, he is the owner or one of the owners of this place. She nods and thanks him for the free bottle of rum which she immediately pours in the glass.

''I am not bad, what about you? I am by the way Lucia it is nice to meet you. And about the place hmmm... It is not the most visually pleasing one, and you could keep working on that, but it fulfils its job, and I think that the atmosphere is quite good too. I think that if it is your first business, it is quite good''  she adds. Not even once do her eyes leave his. She seems to be quite a strong woman.

Report Post Tip

"Kenneth Russo, you can call me Kenny." He says, nodding in respect. "A pleasure to meet you. " He takes a sip from his bottle again and says: "In that you're right, it fulfills the job. The last thing I'm worried about is luxury but I'll still make some changes in the future. Nothing too big though."

Kenny takes another long sip from his bottle and places it on the floor, he reaches for his pockets and grabs a pack of cigarettes; lighting one. He places the cigarette pack on the table and says: "Feel free to take one if you guys want." Kenny takes a large gulp of his cigarette and looks around - He sees Giuseppe and PeterMcNeil already seated and having their drinks, he signals the barkeep to give a free bottle to both men, Kenny shouldn't be giving free drinks to everyone but how today is the opening day, the drinks are on him for everybody. Except for Bozonaro, who perhaps is coming to the bar later.

"So, what brings you both to Detroit? Never seem your faces around here, so you guys aren't locals, eh?" Kenny says, looking at Lucia's eyes. She never cuts eye contact with him, he gets a little scared thinking that she will kill him or something, but he stands there, never breaking eye contact as well.

Report Post Tip

Giuseppe waves to Lucia raising his drink. He walks over to KennyRusso and smiles.

"I'm a native Detroiter, so just relaxing between jobs my friend, how about yourself?"

He decides to order another drink as he engages in conversation.

Report Post Tip

"Not native, but local. Born and raised in Philly." KenoN extends his hand to Giuseppe. "How are you doing mate? Nice to see you outside the family headquarters."

Kenny takes another sip of his bottle and finishes it. He signals the barkeep to bring another bottle while waiting for Lucia and Frank-Cali reply.

Report Post Tip

Kenneth or Kenny Russo what sounds better? Well for her it was undoubtedly Kenny. Not because she is lazy, but it just sounds more catchy. Easier to remember as well as Kenneth is not a familiar name for the woman. ''Kenny it is then. Sounds better for me but it is my pleasure to meet you as well.'' 

Lucia hears him talking about how luxury is not essential. She can agree to that, even if it makes life and places a bit better in her opinion. Lucia got used to the luxury in her life lately. Kenny tells her that she could get a cigarette if she is a smoker and shakes her head ''Why would I handicap my health?'' she asks and imagines, that smokers have a hard time to run away from the police or others. 

She sees Giuseppe joining in and nods at the man. Once again introducing herself as Lucia. The young woman is always happy to meet new people and potentially even make friends! She sighs and then also says 
''Well...my mother was one of the big ones in Los Angeles. I am however living in Chicago'' she nods.

Report Post Tip

Giuseppe shakes KennyRusso's hand. "I'm doing well my friend, it's quite nice seeing you outside the headquarters as well."

He smiles and looks over at Lucia, he reaches his arm out. "You can call me Giuseppe, can I order you a drink?"

He glances over at the barkeep.

Report Post Tip

Kenny pulls up a chair and seats on the table, the drink he ordered arrives, he cracks up the bottle then takes a long sip.

"Well, if you ain't a smoker, I envy you." He stops a little then takes a look at his lit cigarette, then takes a gulp. "Me and cigarettes is a love-hate relationship. It calms me, but also brings a lot of chest pain.. But I can deal with it, hah!"

"Was?" Kenny look at Lucia with a sad expression on his face. "Sorry to hear that.. I had a friend over there as well, we weren't much close but he always helped me a lot when he visited Philly from time to time." He takes a long puff of his cigarette then points at the pack looking at Giuseppe"Take one if you want, mate."

Giuseppe takes a cigarette and lights it up, smiling wickedly.

"Thanks buddy, been a while since I've had one of those."

He signals the barkeep to come over.

"Another round for everyone on me."

He tilts his shades and acknowledges everyone around as the drinks arrive.

Report Post Tip

"Can't drink without having a smoke, huh Giuseppe? The same to me, but I smoke even when I'm taking a bath. Literally."

Kenny gives a little laugh then nods respectfully to Giuseppe for ordering a round of drinks to everyone on the table.

"Cheer, pal!" Kenny lifts the glass then drinks it all at one time, then he bumps the glass on the table. He feels the booze burning down his throat then says: "Ahh! Good one. Thanks brother."

Giuseppe smiles and takes a sip of his drink.

"Nothing like a cigarette to help wash the drinks down @KennyR+usso."

He smiles and finishes his drink.

"You are quite welcome my friend."

Report Post Tip
Silently, Anthony Russo enters the bar. After the "inauguration", it was the first time he went to the place. Before, he had helped put everything together, of course. With a cigarette on his lips, he takes a quick look around. He arches his eyebrows slightly. It was amazing to him how they managed to make the bar look very similar to the Philadelphia version.

Noticing some familiar faces along with his brother at a table, Anthony makes an approach. He looks around the table, noting that two of those present were not yet his acquaintances.

"Hey hey, how is it going?" he said to all of them, simply. No smiles, no nothing. It was simply his way of being, he was even known in the underworld as "the quiet man". Also, it was evident from his facial and body expression that he was exhausted. The man had had a very long day.

Report Post Tip

Walking into the bar Narly is drained he hadn't sleep or relaxed since the ball. JEZZ the aftermath... He finds a table  near the shadows and looks around "My type of place." He feels for his marijuana wanting to smoke but left it at the stash house. Cursing silently he pulls out a cigarette and puffs away while taking in his environment thinking of his next money move.

Report Post Tip

Kenny listens to Giuseppe once again and nods in agreement; he takes a gulp of his cigarette then listens a noise at the door - It was AnthonyRusso. His brother looked like crap, Kenny knew him well and was sure that Anthony was pretty tired and needed a bottle of whiskey. As Anthony arrives at the table and greets everyone, Kenny quickly gets up and hugs his brother. "Hey dude, you lookin' like crap. Take a seat." Kenny points at the chair where he was seated then says: "I'll get you an bottle of whiskey, give me a minute."

Kenny heads towards the counter and sees a familiar shadow sitting alone by a table, smoking a cigarette, he was sure it was Narly. Kenny and Narly didn't knew each other very well, they managed to talk sometimes at their crew headquarters and shared some drinks, but Narly was always busy doing his drug runs that they never had the chance of getting to know each other well. One thing Kenny knew: Narly wouldn't be smoking a cigarette right now; so he was sure that the man forgot his loved stash of weed.

The man arrives at the counters and takes a good look. He grabs the best bottle of whiskey they had in the place. He gets up then opens a drawer in the counter, he grabs a sack of marijuana, for Narly. He heads towards the man with the sack of weed in one hand and the whiskey bottle in the other. "Hey Narly, how are things mate?" He shows him the Marijuana. "Cigarettes are bad for your health, smoke this!"  He gives a little laugh as he hands over the sack of weed to Narly. "You should join us at the table, come and have a chat with us, the drinks are on the house today."

Kenny nods to Narly then heads towards the table were his friends are seated, he cracks up the bottle and places it in front of Anthony. "There ya go brother, enjoy." He pulls up another chair then takes a seat. "How was your day, man?" He says to Anthony.

Report Post Tip

Watching KennyRusso approach him Narly couldn't help but think " Man this fucking guy looks familiar...awwwhhh maybe I'm just tired I need to smoke!" He aggressively puts out the cigarette and greets Kenny. Kenny slides him the marijuana and Narly says" Wow man right on time ,you know when I walked in I knew this was my kinda place," happily shaking the sack of marijuana.Kenny nodded and went to another table with a gentleman who looked worn out .

Upon closer inspection he noticed his friend Anthonyrusso  they weren't the best of friends but they were damn sure on a good note with each other "Maybe ill give their table a stop by" he thought as he rolled up his beloved weed .

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Russo's Bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL