Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:34:29
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Russo's Bar Started by: KennyRusso on Jan 06, '19 02:36

"Damn, dude.." Kenny breathes heavily, he can relate how KTI is feeling, they suffered heavy losses in the last week. He grabs KTI- artwork and takes a good look at it, it looks awesome, we didn't knew the man was a good artist, he signals the bouncer Jimmy and says to him.

"Hey buddy, can you place this in a place where everyone can see?" He extends the walnut plaque to Jimmy, he nods then heads off to find a good spot to place it. He looks at KTI and sighs, he takes a drag of his cigarette and places it on the ash tray. He looks at Jimmy placing it in front of the door then nods to the guy, he looks at KTI again then says.

"It looks awesome, man. Thank you for that." Kenny moves on his seat, trying to get more comfortable, he signals the new waiter to bring a bottle of whiskey for both men to have some drinks to try and relax. "Can you make another one? Anthony had a bar in Philly and I plan on visiting there in the next few days. I think the place could use one of those as well."

Report Post Tip

Like always, Silvia skipped along the road as if remembering her first date which was successful. Her destination was the bar that her employer owned. As she reaches the bar, she went to the door and knocks thrice. The door was opened by the bouncer and asked "What do you want girl?"

"I am here to get a drink." She replied with a smile.

"You are too young to drink. Go get a some water, or something." He growled at her.

"Aw, c'mon. Pretty please? I promise not to get wasted." Silvia tried to persuade the bouncer, however he would have none of it.

"I know Sir Russo. He can vouch for me." Silvia 'took out the big guns', which she didn't want to use.

"Wait here." The guard said as he went in to get the owner.

Report Post Tip

Still talking with KTI, Kenny turns his eye to the door where the bouncer Jimmy is not allowing someone in, Kenny thinks to himself. "Well, I hired him to do that, Anthony always said to trust his eye." He ignores what happened then turns his attention back to KTI and to his bottle of whiskey and cigarette. He takes a long sip and after a minute, he spots Jimmy walking heavily towards him, as the man arrives, the says with a brute tone that he always has.

"There is a kid on the door, she mentioned your name and asked to get in." Kenny makes a thinking face then places his cigarette on the ashtray, he takes another sip from his whiskey bottle and places it on the table. Kenny gets up and follows Jimmy, slowly. He is a bit drunk already (what is new?) so he trips on his on feet a little. They finally reach the door and Jimmy opens it, Kenny takes a good look outside and see that is SilviaCorvo, he immediately opens a smile then say to Jimmy.

"She is with me, mate." Kenny nods to Jimmy then extend his hand to Silvia. She grabs it and is allowed to get in. They walk towards a empty table and Kenny signals her to take a seat.

"What can I get for you, lady?" Kenny says, pointing at the alcohol menu. "Take a look if you want."

Report Post Tip

After his long flight the Clown   stopped into Russo's bar to get a sandwhich and a drink waitress comes over to his table and he places his order..shortly the food has come and Clown being famished as he was.goobled it all down and drank his beverage,pays the bill and strolls off to more work in DT..

Report Post Tip

Roger stumbles in already drunk off his feet, somehow he amazingly makes his way over to the bar without falling over.

"Give me a few shots of tequila and what ever that guy in the birdcostume over there is having, or is that a plant?"

He sits down and tries to maintain his balance.

Report Post Tip

KTI nods at Kenny. "I can do that for you Kenny." 

KTI looks around the bar and notices business starting to pick up.

"Well, alright Kenny I will let you get back to it.. Take care" KTI slowly exits the bar and back home

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

As Kenny took her arm, Silvia gave the bouncer a look that said 'I told you so~', and then let herself be led away.

As she took her seat, she smiled at her patron charmingly, almost as if there were flowers blooming in her background.

"What would you suggest?" She decided to ask.

Report Post Tip

"Well, I only drink whiskey so I would suggest that" Kenny opens up a smile and walks towards the booze counter that is near the table where Silvia is sitting, he takes a good look there and grabs a bottle of bourbon and a glass. He walks towards Silvia again and place both the bottle and the glass on the table in front of her.

"I heard some people say that only refined people drink bourbon." He adds with a grin, he opens the bottle and fills half of the glass. He closes it and places on the table again. "No need to pay, drinks for my associates are on the house. Anything else you need?"

Report Post Tip

Joe stepped into the bar before he released a scoff in the past few days he had been getting a couple of runners, stating that people of Philadelphia were picking out their best suits and dresses, they were ready to make their presences known on the streets once more. He had a feeling that it would be harder for them to do with him leading a very different but all the same charge with Detroit, he may not be one of the Hands or Bosses, but he made sure that his name was known on the streets. 

"Aye, I'm looking for Billy_Mastrosimone, he said that I could contact him and that he might be here. Give him a shout and tell him that Joe is looking for him, not uncle Joe, just Joe."

The waiter went off as Joe got himself settled at the bar, making sure that he ordered himself a bourbon, he did wonder if KennyRusso would be here as he was one of the peeps that would be supporting him in making Detroit known throughout the streets and perhaps, the businesses of other cities as well. For now, they needed to talk and see what could be done in terms of support. 

"Let's see if these boys are ready for the days ahead, a lot of work will need doing."

Report Post Tip

Though the accommodations arranged by Detroit University during his series of guest lectures were largely adequate, he had spent a long time in trenches and prison cells, after all, they did lack in terms of the availability of alcohol. Liquor was perhaps the only vice he carried over from his youth and the only thing that satiated his thirst for it was a good bottle of Riesling.

He made some inquiries in Philadelphia about Detroit based speakeasies which might be able to offer him some and was given very specific instructions to follow. Noting them down, he made his way to a local Bakery some distance from his location and gazed around outside, ensuring he was at the right place.

He entered the alley and glanced at the sign that said Russo's Bar. Heinrich always had mixed feelings about the Italians. Though he had befriended many Sicilian nobles in his youth, Italy's failure to come to Germany's aid in the war was something he could never forgive as a veteran.

Knocking thrice, he entered the establishment once the door was opened and made his way deeper into the dingy location. Sitting by the bar he asked for a bottle of Riesling and waited. His gaze landed on a man sitting a few stools from him and he struggled to recall where he had seen the individual before. After a few moments of recollection, he realized it was the same man who held roses at the Blackhawk, the man he had briefly bumped into. 

Chuckling at how small the world was, he turned towards the bartender again in wait.

Report Post Tip

Joe could not help but notice the man from before, it seemed that he was all over the place, he was sure that he had seen him before. He did not know the name of the places of where he had seen the man, he just knew that he had seen this guy all over Detroit in the past hour or so. It seemed that he was making his presence known to others, something that he found quite...intrusive. If this was what he thought it was, he guessed that this man must have worked with LouisMezzo

Continuing to watch the man beside him, he did not seem like he belonged in the life and yet, he had an aura around him. It screamed of danger, he could only wonder what his mind was trying to tell him. He instead coughed into his closed fist and looked to the man, deciding that being this quiet was not always best and he knew that he needed to get a word in otherwise, he would begin to lose his mind very slowly. 

"Say, I've seen you around these parts before, I was wondering what you were doing around these businesses? You seem to be quite different from the usual people that frequent this place."

Joe sipped his bourbon that had been there for a while, he waited for an answer to the question that had been asked and he wondered would the man even answer? It was none of his business and he doubted that the man had things to say to him, he probably identified him as one of the numerous gangsters and goons that were scattered around Detroit.

Report Post Tip

As Heinrich watched the bartender search for the brand he had requested, out of the corner of his eye he caught sight of the stranger beside him stealing glances every now and again. The man hesitated briefly before posing a question but when he did, Heinrich could feel the fiery emotion burning in the man's words. 

He seemed to be expecting a fight, a local thug getting antsy perhaps that someone had been encroaching on his territory. Heinrich cocked an eyebrow in mild amusement and offered a half grin. He was tempted to goad the man further but just at that moment, the bartender returned with his bottle, wrapped in a paper bag.

Reminded of the reason for his visit, and the book signing he still had to host later that evening at the university, he sighed and pointed to the bottle as he said. "Same thing as you fremeder, just here for a drink." He stood up off his seat and thought of departing but curiosity got the better of him. This little altercation was a good little break, might serve to stimulate his mind pacified from all the lectures.

Returning to his seat, he asked for a glass of riesling to be poured for him. Without turning to the man he asked playfully.  "Who's asking?"

Report Post Tip

Joe continued to sip his drink as he heard the response of the man, he seemed to be on the amusing side of things, like he found everything to be a game. He wanted to assure the man that this was not a game, yet he found that might not have made any difference than before. Instead, he watched and continued listening to the man, wondering if he had any more to say regarding this little meeting. 

"Yeah, everyone seems to be here for a drink, it is the purpose of a bar, is it not?"

Joe raised an eyebrow cheekily before a grin twitched at his lips, he had to make sure that he was giving as good as he got, he was not going to be made a fool of. He did remember his brother's journals, all the moments that had been filed in multiple papers of documents, he remembered when his brother had made a little friend in Philadelphia, was the same thing happening here? Maybe, he did not know. Yet it seemed that Pavanno's were destined to make friends in strange places. 

"Joseph, or Joe Pavanno. I'm a resident here in Detroit, I have some business here that needs doing for some time, otherwise, I cannot really branch out to the other cities. It would eat away at me to leave a project half-finished."

He took another sip of his bourbon before staring ahead at the bar, his eyes becoming unfocused slightly before the familiar sound of his glass being filled came to him. He smiled in thanks towards the bartender before sighing. 

"And who are you?"

Report Post Tip

"It is the purpose of a bar is it not?" The man said, and Heinrich smiled in response. "Danke." Pausing to thanks the bartender he brought the glass up and inhaled the scent briefly before continuing in a teasing manner. "I commend you on your brilliant deduction. You have a remarkable perception for the obvious Herr Pavanno."

Tilting the glass towards him, he felt the liquid brush against his lips before replacing the glass on the counter. The alcohol swirled in his mouth and he carefully tasted the diverse elements within. It seemed his information had been correct, this was certainly some good liquor. Before he left the city, he would have to ensure he brought some back with him for Louis by way of thanks.

"Much like you, I have business here in Detroit. Official and unofficial. I'm sure a man as inquisitive and as dogged in his pursuit of the obvious will be able to ascertain the former if you so wished. After I am done I will be departing back to where I came from with memories of the hospitality your city has offered, pleasant if preferable."  He added as he sized up the man in much the same way his father taught him to size up rival Counts or his commanding officers taught him to size up the French defences.

"Forgive my manners, I am Heinrich Grimm, though you may refer to me as Professor if you so wish." Titles such as Reichsgraf or Hauptmann were meaningless now anyway.

Report Post Tip

"Only some company." Silvia said with her flowery-charming smile, after which she took a sip of the alcohol provided to her.

Silvia winced as the alcohol burned her throat. She was not accustomed to drinking, since people rarely believed that she was actually 25, not 17-19 years old, even with a passport.

Report Post Tip

BD looks at the sign above the door and looks down at card that his boss handed to him earlier today. "yea..guess this is the place." he says to himself. Peeking his head in he smiles as he spots an empty barstool and heads on over to it. Admiring the room for its simplicity and character, the youngster nods and awaits for service. even if it is late at night.

Report Post Tip

"Well my business often takes a while, I do find myself traveling quite a lot, so having a drink right here seems to be something I find relaxing. Although, Mr. Grimm, is that in any way a relation to the Brother's, Grimm?"

Joseph posed the question teasingly towards the professor wondering if the man actually did have a relation, yet he knew that it might not be possible. He was enjoying the odd conversation and he did notice some of the other Detroit Natives coming and going into the bar as they pleased, he found it enjoyable, they seemed to enjoy coming to this bar for a lot, if the booze was anything to go by, it was exquisite and always would be by the looks of things. 

He wondered if he could get JackWaltz down here to supply KennyRusso with some of his booze, it would probably give the two a good business agreement and make them a little money, he would see if he could make some kind of introduction. He also had some business to tend too, he heard of another man making a name for himself, a mobster in Chicago by the name of Frank-Cali, he also seemed to have an association with his nephew and their business never took off. He wondered if this man would be able to do some business with him.

"Heh, Mr. Grimm, the Motor City is on the rise, men of honor and renowned esteem are coming into this city, looking to do business. I hear one of the people that you associate even makes a killing down here, I believe she goes by the name Isabella-Luciano. If you want to make your time here at Russo's pleasant, all you have to do is visit one of the many sights that are around Detroit."

Joseph raised his glass back towards the professor before taking a cautious sip and looking at the man that intrigued him, it was not every day that a professor associated with this kind of business, he found the man a delight and would love to trade words more if it was at all possible.

"I do wonder if I can say the same of Philadelphia, a man of my taste needs class and a good environment to relax. I've heard of a few sights throughout Philly. It's intrigued me, would you say that I could find myself enjoying the time there, HeinrichGrimm?"

Report Post Tip

Word had come to reach Louis that there were some minor issues coming out of Corktown featuring a young goomba with a big mouth talking out of turn about South Philly so he took a flight to the cold and miserable streets of Detroit.  The slushy rain or wintery mix as some weather forecaster had described it fell and occasionally crept down his neck.  The urge to shiver was beaten back by the speed with which he walked down the pavement.

He was not particularly au fait with the streets of Corktown, tending to spend more time in the 12th Street area but came across a place that might hold clues.  He walked in to Russo’s Bar, an establishment he had heard was owned and managed by one of the family heads in Corktown.  Not wanting to disrespect the venue by trailing water all over the place, Louis took his overcoat off at the door, gave it a shake and folded it over his arm.

He looked around the room in the unlikely hope that he would find someone he recognised but seeing no-one immediately he settled down at a chair at the bar and flagged the barman over.  The chair was carefully chosen leaving Louis’ back facing a wall with no-one behind him but affording a view of most of the patrons in the bar.

“A whisky please sir.”

The barman arrived back with the whisky and placed it on a coaster in front of Louis.  He picked it up and sat patiently drinking when out of the corner of his eye he spotted HeinrichGrimm in conversation with a shady individual.

The conversation did not looked heated so did not need an intervention but a quick check of his suit pockets reassured Louis that if intervention was required it would be forthcoming.

Report Post Tip

As he awaited the professor to answer the question he found the eyes of the barman who seemed to be motioning for him to look towards the door, to which he did and his eyes held a tiny bit of surprise before he snuffed it out, he had spotted the man who was known throughout the seven cities, this was Louis Mezzo, Grandson of Jack Mezzo. It was rumored that Louis was now the acting Godfather of South Philadelphia, he wondered if the man's father would have been proud of him. 

"Well, I'll be damned, it seems Philly Natives are flocking to the Motor City like crows."

He whispered underneath his breath, enough so that Heinrich would not hear him and he could have a tiny joke to himself. He had taken another sip of his drink, keeping an eye on the infamous LouisMezzo, making sure that the man did not do anything suspicious. He did not know the man personally and did not wish any harm upon him, yet this was Detroit and it was much different from the City of Brotherly Love. 

He shook his head, placing his attention back onto his glass of bourbon, it seemed things were heating up and he was enjoying it. He did leave a lingering gaze on the back of the acting Godfather Mezzo, knowing that the man did not want to be seen or even noticed, yet it paid to be one of the family friends in Corktown. 

"Thank you, good looking out."

Joe tipped the bartender a fifty before ordering a bottle of whatever Louis was drinking, informing the Bartender to give it towards the man as a gift from Detroit.

Report Post Tip

Heinrich took another sip of his drink and smiled politely at the remark. He replied with the truth but tried to play it off as a joke"Distant great uncles of a cadet branch on my Father's side, though admittedly I have never had the opportunity to meet them or peruse their literature. My specialization has always been Political and Military history instead. But if you are an admirer of their literary work, I am sure some of their descendants still thrive in the Weimar Republic. It shouldn't be difficult to track them down for a man as persistent as you if you have elected to dwell more on children's bedtime stories to help you sleep at night."

Several other patrons began entering the establishment and he wondered if they had been summoned by the man as a show of force of some sort. The thought amused him, for this had purely been a reconnaissance mission. A bit of an overreaction surely. Or had he simply intruded on the busiest hours of the day.

"Though I am unfamiliar with Frau Byrne personally, the gossips tell me she made her start in your fine city. The business is a remnant from her early ventures. I wonder what convinced her to move further East. Probably a desire to move closer to the sea for some fishing, though there may be those that question the move if the Motor City is as conducive to business ventures as you claim it to be."  He responded and gulped down the rest of the drink. It was time he returned to the University.

"I must confess, I know little of these matters and even less about good environments with classy tastes. As a tenured Professor, most of my free time is spent at the library or hunting geese in the forests nearby." He said and stood up. Offering a tip to the bartender he stood up and tucked the bottle of Riesling into his suit. 

"I suppose you'll know soon enough, Herr Pavanno. Please be sure to offer my thanks to the properietor of the establishment for his selection of alcohol. I must be getting back to the university. Lebewohl, Fremeder. I look forward to our next interaction."  With a slight nod, he turned around and moved towards the door.

His eye caught sight of Louis Mezzo sitting inconspicuously, some distance off. Shaking his head indifferently to let the man know that there was no immediate threat and the thug at the bar was approachable, he walked out knowing they would have a detailed conversation about the information he had gathered later.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Russo's Bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL