Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 04:15:56
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [ > - >>> ]
Los Angeles Gets a Fresh Start Started by: Duplicity on Aug 14, '15 21:42

babo,  yes that was the life as an UN-sponsored. I remember days when all Districts were hustling and bustling.  Wars were brewing instead of warring on a whim. Business was conducted.  Respect was a two way street. 

I would like to think and believe the LA business opportunity is not grounds nor reason to disrespect.

Report Post Tip

LA Closing

Unfortunately at this time LA will be shutting its doors. Our hopes was that this would triumph and that outsiders would keep their nose where it belongs and that those in LA wouldn't use their privileges of not joining a crew to do dirty work. That people wouldn't do their best to find loopholes and that they would still understand respect and hard work.

Not much of this was coming out or going in to LA. So with that said it is closing so that it may be filled another way.

For those in LA now. You will have 3 days to find a home in one of the other cities. You do not have to restart your character to join someone else. You may now freely join them as who you are due to the inconvenience of this being shut down.

Thanks,

Duplicity

Report Post Tip

Rest In Peace DooDoo Brown land.

Report Post Tip

Ppl didnt behave in the exact way you want them to so you shut it all down and tell us to gtfo? Wow. OK.

Report Post Tip

Get over it, Juan.

She's a Don and the head of the largest city ingame.

You don't have to listen to her, but she gave all members of LA a reasonable offer.

Take it or don't.

Report Post Tip

If some1 told you they didnt like NY so you all have to disband and have 3 days to join some1 else would you be happy? nah think not. I am allowed to be upset mate evn if you think i should just 'get over it'.

Report Post Tip

I want to first preface this by reminding people this is now an OOC thread and my comments here are strictly out of character.

I think this kind of sucks for the people who took their own cash to purchased credits in order to BG up for the LA run.
I think it also sucks for those who may have suicided decent accounts because of their interests in this great idea you had put forth, Duplicity.

Those people are now somewhat robbed of real money. Money that may have been spent on their initial account that they suicided to join the LA project, to abide by your rules
Money they had used to purchase BGs for LA to survive without a crew/hq.

I can understand if the plan was not going in the direction you had wanted it, however to put forth an idea and then pull the rug out from under people who were invested in the idea.... bothers me out of character.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

@Juan

If someone told me that, I'd disregard it because no one would tell me my home is invalid.

Los Angeles is a city of perhaps 10 people. It's not big at all. Sorry that its not what was expected of the 'experiment'. When the combined cities of CH/NY leadership agree that LA is shut down, it will be done as so.

pops

Yeah I get what you're saying, but they made the decision fully knowing they could die at any moment. They still did it. Their bodyguards aren't dead, the ones right now aren't dead.

They're not being robbed at all. These people still have the very things they paid for.

Report Post Tip

That is why those there are allowed to find a family rather than the original way of leaving that life there in LA, aka having to die.

I agree that for those who spent a lot on the venture it may be a slap in the face, but what is also a slap in the face are those in cities thinking its okay to keep popping shots at those in LA just because they can or because those who are rising to the top are not those they wanted to.

Or how someone from LA pros a rogue or go out of their way to find loopholes in the rules just "because they can". That some even feel it is okay to be disrespectful and not have to die for it because they are in LA.

Yet, after so many issues there comes a time when enough is enough. Wars happen for shit like that. So why is it any different for LA? It isn't. I understand that LA may not have been the major issue, but it isn't fair for those who DID spend all those credits and money just to die to someone from another city. This has happened more to people in LA than it happen to those in NY/CH/LV. Why? Because people think it isn't as bad to do it to what people like to call "experiment" cities or because their bff isn't winning.

I understand the frustrations, but that is why I allowed an out, that is why those there are being allowed to find a home anywhere they want now.

Granted it may not be in LA where they originally wanted it to be, but you can thank your fellow mobsters for fucking it up for everyone else who were trying to follow LA's rules.

Report Post Tip

OK mate, avoid the stuff i actually said and just blow it off like its nothin. Good chattin with ya, have a nice day.

Report Post Tip

scarecrow,

Thats just not correct. Sure, they paid for it, but would they have paid for it if there wasn't the opportunity to do something in LA?

If I was to try out in LA, there is no doubt that I would have to buy the maximum number of BGs available. 
Right now, I don't have anywhere near that amount of BGs. 
I am confident that most of the people who purchased bodyguards would not have done so otherwise.

Any decent player knows that having anything less then OWP is pretty much useless anyways. Hell, i think even OWP is useless.
Why waste your money on 40 bgs when any decent hitter is going to take you out anyways.
At least in LA, the guns weren't that big yet, so the allowed number of BGs would be worth purchasing.
Now those people have to join other cities, where their BGs are pretty much useless if they don't add onto them and get to at least OWP.

Think big picture, not little picture.

Do the ystill have the BGs, yes of course.
Are those BGs giving them the same level of protection now then when they were restricted by the LA terms.. absolutley not. 

Report Post Tip

Pops personally i think i can agree with you to a certain point.

The point stops where i realize each individual is fully responsible for the choices he or she makes. In this, no one was promised that LA would remain open. No one was promised that their character would prosper. If they purchased bodyguards at least they will still have them and whatever they chose to do on that account.  

I would like to see that the money with which Rowlf invested in for his crew head quarters be returned back to him by the cities asking him to step down, as he really is the only one invested in that. This is not my call. It is enough of a gift to allow him to live, so maybe that is the act of kindness. 

juanseguin, i think the reasoning is fair. You step down because these anonymous hits being placed continuously on so many LA members and the outside interference has run a muck. It is unfair for the city to be violated consistently. 

Report Post Tip

you all missin the point tho we knew what we were gettin into, and i guarantee you ask any1 in la if they wanna be forced out and they'll say HELL NO. We are grown adults we can make own decisions you know and it is frustrating that we are bein used as the reason to end it when we NEVER said we wanted it to stop

Report Post Tip

Juan, you aren't the reason its ending. The betterment of the future of LA is the reason. 

I hear you man. I would be visibly upset if someone told me to leave Chicago or die. I love this city and the people here. I think what you all could have done out there was exciting. I was a big fan of this competition/event whatever you want to call it. However, its time has come. What would be more frustrating Juan is if you were killed because outside interference continued to happen. 

The leaders are forced with decisions for the prosperity of ones community. For Rowlf you and other LA associates to be constantly threatened and criticized is a violation of the do not interfere with LA guidelines. You are given your life. No one is killing you. I think that is more than fair. Besides, truthfully, this was never your city. That is what makes something like this so difficult. It was more of an investment. Unfortunately the investment of our time and energy was thwarted by unreasonable and unintelligible acts committed by others. 

Report Post Tip

i get what you sayin Gat but if ppl didnt expect interfrerence then their wouldnt be that rule in the first place innit

Report Post Tip

I don't think you quite understand how the mafia works, Juan.

I'll give you a small example real quick.

17:53:08 <&SammyGato> Simplicity giveth and Simplicity can taketh away.

Above is a quote from Manhattan crew leader regarding Don Duplicity. She gave LA a chance. She no longer likes what it is, she can take it away at a whim.

pops

I get what you're saying, I do.

That's something they decided to do though. No one forced them to go to LA, or buy bodyguards. I don't think being below OWP is irrelevant either, given the biggest guns ingame can just barely hit IWP.

The top 0.5% of guns killing you? It is what it is.

Given that a ton of morons have attacked LA people over hitlists? Their bodyguards never really mattered at all if we go by your statement, amigo.

50 bodyguards (assuming they trained all 50 every day) won't save them from people wanting an easy couple million assuming they could hide it.

It sucks, I was a supporter of this city, don't get me wrong, it was the moron actions of others along with some other elements that dismantled this.

Report Post Tip

no shit sherlock. Honestly it like you dont even read what people say. Also this is OCC not the mafia, am allowed to be myself here mate. And im allowed to point out that you would be upset if some1 told your whole crew to step down one day randomly evn if you do dodge that statement which is all i have been sayin the whole time 

Report Post Tip

For sure Juan. If people didnt expect interference then that rule wouldn't be there in the first place. I want to take a look down memory lane.

AfghanMango and DooDooBrown. Those two were going to lead the City to heights unparalleled. New York, Chicago, and Vegas could not compete with the level of activity and attention they were garnering. They were making an exciting time for everyone. As a real life friend it was so exciting for me to watch them both. I never gave them money, i never interfered outside the game. No one did. They had told me that after they were killed. Yet they were killed by outsiders. 

Now for Rowlfs sake or any other person who becomes a leader because they invest in money, if they are struck down because people don't like their name or whatever than that is unacceptable. Although this seems harsh i would like you to look with me at the character of Duplicity. This again shows why i choose to be her friend. She recognizes that people are investing their time effort and real money into something that can be taken away by them in a moments notice because people do not like LA. She is preventing further harm and damage to a group of individuals that did not deserve to be treated with such violent outside attacks and berated to begin with. 

It reminds me of a story. 

When i was young, my mother told me not to place my hand on the iron. I thought she was mean and was preventing me from having fun with a giant silver toy until i was burned. 

I am not calling her the mother or anything but i am making an allegory that she is doing what is best even though it sucks. Unfortunately in life we make decisions that suck but are for our betterment, our children's betterment, and our societies betterment. 

Report Post Tip

Be mad, it won't help you much staying that way or complaining about it.

Report Post Tip

sometimes i feel like i speak a diffrent langauge to every1 else because ppl always misunderstand. Oh well.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Los Angeles Gets a Fresh Start
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL