Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 08:08:34
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Los Angeles Gets a Fresh Start Started by: Duplicity on Aug 14, '15 21:42

Miss Duplicity, with all due respect, don't you think "letting the inmates run the asylum" to be a dangerous gamble?

Such things never work out as the plan

Report Post Tip

We have cosa nostra, we have russians, we have chinese, we have all kinds of europeans in america of 1930. Some of these people form gangs, they turn to organized crime. It is the natural way of how any form of organized crime came to be. Someone(groups) proclaimed themself leader and gathered people to realize their ideas and ambitions.

Not everyone follows the same rules. Several different ethnic groups etc. Everyone doing something different. This is definitely true to roleplay.

I hope this somewhat stemmed from my suggestions to several people i talked to in the past. Sadly i have never been in a position to enforce it, so thanks.

Report Post Tip
Sorry for my ignorance since I have not read all the replys, but this new change is making the honor of been a CL mean nothing. Multiple people can set up in LA. 1 person = 1 crew. For hard working people who became CL with blood, and sweat, are been spit in the face by you, and your chance of letting everybody in LA be a CL.
Report Post Tip

Well, since this was moved to OOC. I guess I'll just stop trying to be in character.

You think people having to rank up, trying not to get shot, trying to make allies, trying to survive 11 days, doesn't mean they have earned it? I don't see a silver platter anywhere in that. People walking into crews, trying to tell their leaders this and that. What they should be doing. How they are doing it wrong. That they don't like their next auths, their hands they want to use, how they run their crew, and they have barely even ranked up are people who think they should have a silver platter. 

You say your bloodline had changed, I don't see it. You say you're respectful, but call the leadership lazy. You mouth off to people constantly, pushing the limits of your friendships with them. You come out here and the only positive thing you say is "woo creativity."  And very much yes, I am implying you aren't happy unless you get your way. You can ask about any leader you have ever worked for and they would say that is the reason you died.

I do not mind people disagreeing with me, no not at all, but when the person disagreeing needs to look in the mirror. Yea, I will say something. This may not be everyone's cup of tea. I don't expect it to be. Yet, I think right now LA is the only home you haven't burned bridges with so far. So you should probably start looking into signing up for it. 

I do want to thank people for their support and I do want to thank people for pointing out the issues. I knew going into this it wasn't perfect. Yet, many have talked about wanting a "reset" in this game, so I thought I would attempt to give them one in LA. The other heads of the cities, even ones that have passed, rest in peace, liked the idea. So I went forward with it. Had most been against it then it wouldn't be here today.

I would love for this to succeed and not have any issues. I will be monitoring it to do my best and protect those entering from outsiders. Is it a place for people who hold grudges to go? Sure. Honestly, if it makes them happy to have a different city to go to all together rather than work for one already established, then let them be happy. Let them try their luck and let them build. Let people have options. 

People may feel I am spitting on the honor of becoming a CL. How do you think any of this started!? By people working their way up and taking CL. By them killing others or forming alliances. This is no different. This isn't spitting on someone getting the honor of auth, this is taking ONE city and putting it back to the roots of this place. How it all began. Granted I have to add some extra rules, but that is because the whole site didn't get a reset. We already have tons of cities where people get bestowed the honor of auth. How about letting one city fight for it? Or maybe they will all hold hands and set up together. However they prefer.

I hope in the near future there will be more options, but this was in the works for a couple weeks now. So lets see how it works out before we throw in the towel.

Report Post Tip
Every family started somewhere. Do your research. Do you really think it was Godfather Joe Blow Biscotti that "authed" every family on the East Coast? Do you think someone blinked and poof the biggest crime families just appeared without working for what they had?

What about when the game first came to exist, do you think there were premade families? No, we fought to stay alive, we raced to rank, there was a reason to work hard. You had to prove you could do it. Since the last reset a bunch of years ago there has been no need. Someone is always there to auth their bestie or their bestie's aunt's uncle's cat's dog's owner.

Open your mind, see the positive possibilities instead of the "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh my buddy didn't get his own city!!!" or "Fuck, I've donated millions, clicked thousands of jails, not posted a word.. But I think I deserve auth why am I not getting it?!?! Shoot me now! I want auth promised to me and I'm not even an Earner yet!" bullshit. There are still TWO other cities to conduct "traditional" nepotistic, repetitive auths in. Let one city at least be unique.

The people in LA aren't being given anything than a place to try and prove they can lead. Get the chance to lead. Provide some variety in the leadership here. Give new people chances to lead. Relieve a bit of the upcoming rebuilding stagnancy that WILL happen. It's not going to be easy to do, they will have challenges. They will have to survive and that in itself could be a hard thing to do.

It's something DIFFERENT. It's something "new". It's a change. This place NEEDS a change, especially after the big wars we've had over the past few months, otherwise it's going to be the same old Joe Blow Biscotti and Co. running all the cities. If that happens people will bitch about it too and scream about not getting their chance because they aren't part of the governing body.

It's not meant as an insult to those who worked hard, it's a means to make sure that not every single crew has come from the same faction or regime or clique.

Seriously, think about it.
Report Post Tip

It's not meant as an insult to those who worked hard, it's a means to make sure that not every single crew has come from the same faction or regime or clique.

Iris look at the crewleaders right know most if not all have been a crew leader. At the end of the day if people dont like LA it will be taken out and more old CL's are going to set up.

I dont deserve CL I know that, but people here have worked their ass off and they don't get shit in the end. While a new guy can become a CL.

I applaud, dup for trying new things, but this one will end worst than all the comps 

Report Post Tip
So you know and see all? You can see the future? How do you know this, no one's even stepped up to do it. There's noooooooooooooooooooo one there yet.

You can't give change a chance?

At the end of the day there are three cities to fill up. LA has been empty the longest. It's the first to get filled up. Instead of doing the same thing that's been done for over a decade they decided to change things up a bit, give more people a chance. Give those that aren't their best friends a chance. There are still TWO cities that can (and most likely will be) filled up with the same old, hum drum, nepotistic auths.

As for the leaders today not being leaders before? Uhhhhhhhhhhh right. You keep thinking that.
Report Post Tip

Great idea! The last time LA was given a chance like this it put a good spin on things and ended up giving people an opportunity to play the  game a little differently, which is always a good thing. I liked it then, and I like it now. Looking forward to seeing how this shapes things!

Report Post Tip

From past threads they let people who have played the game and it still goes down.

I will give it chance since i cant stop it.

As for the leaders today not being leaders before? Uhhhhhhhhhhh right. You keep thinking that.

Why i know most of the people have been leader for example voodoo=Latin in DT

Report Post Tip

Koehler = first time CL.

My last run I was also under a first time CL, and saw a few more first timers get auth and these auths actually happened under Voodoo/Latin so I'd say he's probably not the best example to use here :)

Report Post Tip

I'm saying most people have been CL

Like morty=Raccoon (rip)

Dup=Simplicity 

Eredin=Severe 

Doll=Dollface 

just saying a few names for you Sereno :p 

Report Post Tip

There is a reason people get a family on every name they have and its certainly not because they come out and throw the names out that are repeats, we work our ass off every character, we prove our loyalty and dedication, and our work ethic matters above the rest.

I have said it before and I will say it again if anyone has a problem with me going bold almost every character how about outworking me? It can be done, simple fact is people rather kick up a storm and complain than actually do better and prove themselves, if you aren't playing to shine, why are you even playing?

I am not trying to discourage people from playing but I just cannot understand why anyone who wants a family doesn't work their ass off and shine and show they deserve it.

Report Post Tip
If you took what I said as meaning ALL of the current leaders are repeat offenders then you misunderstood my point and decided to play on it anyway. Read the rest of what I've said to get the real point. I know there is new blood in bold, there is also old blood in bold... The point is this whole thing is a chance for people that the current regime may not auth to set up and show they have what it takes. How many of the leaders that have died over the past few months in wars were repeat leaders? Some got authed on their fist names after wars. Is this what you want to continue happening?

I'd like to see certain people do this since the only person that can make them happy in bold seems to be themselves. They won't though because it's not their thing and it is "wrong" because it goes against the grain. It's a lot of work with either very little pay off or a pretty decent one if you play your cards right.

Anyone that does it doesn't have the cushy backing of a city that will come to their defense should there be an altercation or someone just wants them out of boldness. It's kind of like "Mafia Survivor".

If you don't want this in place or disagree with it you should progress through the ranks and make your dreams a reality. Until then all the bitching and moaning isn't going to change things. This is what has been decided for LA's future.
Report Post Tip

Yep, it's just how the game works. I'll put money on those that prosper in LA also having previous leadership experience. Not everyone in real life will own and run a business, some just don't have the experience for it, or the ability to do it. Not everyone here will be a CL either, for the same reasons. But, those that do have the knack for it and those that want to I believe will if they are suppose to.

I think having another option like LA wont necessarily create first time CL's either. I think the more hardcore gamers will prosper there and will do it the same way they will do it elsewhere, by playing the game of politics and working hard and smart.

Report Post Tip

I know i cant change shit. The heads decided so it will happen, but i can give my opinion in this. How i'm i bitching and moaning??

Report Post Tip

I can't comprehend what the issue is here?

Essentially, LA will be made a free for all and will offer something a little different to the norm. Something that in my opinion is much needed and can be refreshing. If Duplicity were to send a few auths over there the players currently moaning about this, would most likely moan that it's always the same auths, or some other nonsense. This gives those who aren't always in the running for auth (much like the PH idea that Credits had going) a chance to start a fresh and go for it out in LA.

Now to me this isn't an easy way to go about getting auth, for those who recall playing after a reset, it can be fairly bloody and a real slog but it is hard work and it's much more rewarding having survived through something like that to then go on to becoming an auth, as rather than be handed that oportunity, you have taken it yourself. For me, that is all the more sweeter.

ochoa, your comments are nonsense. People who come out here and bitch and whine about leaders being leaders before, auths getting the same nod over and over. This community isn't a huge one so it's highly likely that those in auth now, have been authed previously.

Please, point out to me these hard working people who are so hard done by that they haven't got their shot? It's a cop out. If your intention is to get auth when you start your account, you want to make sure you make your intentions clear and start making the right connections from the off if you don't already have them. In order to get auth, you need more than to just work your bollocks off for your crew leader, you need to create a network of contacts so that everyone gets a feel for you and knows what you are about. Being a Billy no mates, no mark cunt, won't get you auth (unless you're Credits nobody likes him).

Going back to the LA situation, I feel that doing something like this is a refreshing way to bring something new to the game, too often have I seen previous regime's just allow cities to remain vacant for long periods of time, so again, Kudos to Duplicity for brining this out here and the rest of those involved in this decision for giving it the nod.

Report Post Tip

You want to bring up people getting authed over and over again? You call it unfair, claiming that more deserving people get screwed over all the time, well you couldn't be more wrong. Once upon a time, I was of that same mindset, always seeing the same bloodlines get the same chances. It made me bitter and pissy for a long time, but then I had a conversation with a friend that opened my eyes.

Those repeat auths work hard, know how to handle situations, and they don't freak out and run for the hills over every little issue. They're stable, and in almost every situation, they can handle anything thrown at them. I'm going to use Credits as an example here. You can give his bloodline an auth, and he will make the best of the situation. He will take time to grow the crew properly, educate people who need assistance, and when things are rocky, guide the ship. His experience over the years has molded him into a fine CL that is worth every re-auth he gets.

Credits is just one example I can offer, as I've worked for him multiple times. Other lines that always rise to the top have the same qualities I'm sure. A guy like Voodoo, whom I have no experience with, has to be a steady hand and quality leader. Each time I've seen his name go bold, his crews fill up quickly and the people around him or with him seem to be enjoying the actual process. Kuddos to whatever he does, and however he does it.

You say worthwhile potential CLs are being passed over, but you're not say who they are, or why they're qualified. Why arn't these people out supporting their own causes, getting better acquainted with the masses, or just making themselves more widely known? Personally I think you're just bitching to bitch, but I could be wrong.

Report Post Tip
Anyone that does it doesn't have the cushy backing of a city that will come to their defense should there be an altercation or someone just wants them out of boldness. It's kind of like "Mafia Survivor".
Yes, that's exactly the problem. Do we really need a reality show to keep us all entertained? "Mafia Survivor" make the bile rise to my throat. I surely hope you do not speak for Duplicity. "Mafia Survivor" Shakes his fucking head.
I don't like this (obviously), I REALLY think this should be reconsidered. One person who works for 11 days is somehow worth auth over someone working for months? Let alone having the possibility of running a city by themselves? PLEASE!
If you don't want this in place or disagree with it you should progress through the ranks and make your dreams a reality. Until then all the bitching and moaning isn't going to change things. This is what has been decided for LA's future.
Ah the old "rank up and do something about it." You uttered this more than once in this thread. Why not? It's the go to for anyone trying to kiss the ass of those in charge. A slap in the face this may be, but it's nice to see you are taking it on the chin. I look forward to seeing more of the same out of LA. Once it happens I'll be sure to tell you I told you so
Report Post Tip

Trust me when I say this. I do not have to kiss the ass of those in charge. I never have and I never will. It's not in my nature. In over a decade of being here I've not had to kiss someone's ass to get somewhere in my Mafia life. Just because I agree with the actions of those in charge and applaud it does not mean that I am placing my very lovely lips upon their very attractive derrieres and leaving a perfect copy of my lips in this amazing shade of lipstick I'm not wearing.

When I say "rise through the ranks and make your dreams come true" I am not kissing the collective bold asses we see today, saw yesterday, or will see tomorrow. It's a statement. If you don't like what's going on in LA, quit your bitching, rank up, and do something about it. How much more simple can it be. If you don't like something, CHANGE it. In this world if you want to change something you have to rank up. It is not a fallback phrase, it's the truth. Only idiots cannot see that.

We get it, you don't like it. You are completely against something before it's even started. You have no proof or data to substantiate your claims of it not working. You are sucking on lemons sir and the bitterness is showing through. Are you more upset you didn't get auth or that one of your friends who thinks they've worked hard enough didn't?

There are TWO other cities that will be/can be/may be populated in a more traditional manner.  There is NO shortage of opportunities for those who "deserve" it in the future. Many people are still building up funds to auth those that they want working with them in their cities. Why put them out there without the necessary protection?

We have just seen two cities cleared. Two cities of Bitter Betties looking for a place to call home, looking for a chance to reclaim their prize. Two cities of returning LOW ranked people that have negative feelings toward the current leaders. Why not give them somewhere to rebuild and come together as a functional unit? It has been done before, just not in the exact way Duplicity has brought forward. Call it an "experiment city", call it "Mafia Survivor" (Really, that's what you cling onto for your argument? How ridiculous can you get?), call it whatever the flying fudgenugget you want. It is what it is. It's is done. It has been decided. It's her call to make. If you're suffering from acid reflux caused by this I suggest Tums, Rolaids, or another antacid of your choice.

How can you know if it's going to work or not if it's never been done before? Again, can you see the future? If so, can I have next week's Lotto 6-49 numbers please?

Also, I do not speak for Duplicity. That woman is very good at speaking for herself as she has proven here tonight and previous to tonight time and time again. If you took the time to notice I am a member of Eredin's family in New York not Duplicity's of Chicago. She and I have discussed the idea and I think it's great along with a few others it seems.

Report Post Tip

I can't believe how vehemently people are questioning this initiative. The idea has been presented to us and implemented to change our world dynamics a bit,  to keep things fresh. If you're going to lose that much sleep over it, then you've got some issues.

The other way of looking at it, is the most powerful city in the game has told you is happening, so it's happening. Want to do something about it?

Points to LA

There's your chance, stop whining about it and take it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Los Angeles Gets a Fresh Start
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL