Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 01:48:51
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Los Angeles Gets a Fresh Start Started by: Duplicity on Aug 14, '15 21:42

Do I like the fact that effort is made to do something new and creative? Yes, I do. Do I like the idea itself? Nope, not really. But still, I am interested to see how it plays out.

Report Post Tip

Ok, I have a small Question Duplicity, If We are running a Jokes Party or any kind of competition with Prizes, Are LA Guys eligible to take prizes, or they can't as well do so because they are from LA ?

Report Post Tip

Why wouldn't they be? If you're organizing a competition, I would say it is up to yourself to decide who can participate and who can't.

Report Post Tip

Unless you see winning a competition as ''outside help'' but that would be silly in my eyes.

Report Post Tip

Well that opens all kinds of underhanded tactics, doesn't it. 

"California only competition!"

"Who can live the furthest west??"

"If you're in LA and you know it clap your hands!"

Report Post Tip

I think what people are forgetting is that this is a role playing game and we are role playing as mafia.

There are some things here that we have as a tradition that were simply just not in the mafia and we created ourselves for example killing people without a family.

This does not happen in the real world you do not see everyday people being killed because they are not in a mafia family that would mean them killing every civilian in sight and committing mass homicide.

You ever stop and think how these real life mafia Dons got to where they are ?

DId they always have a don before them ? 

DId they always have to kick up tribute or face death ?

The answer is no 

Alot of them were just a big group of friends who were tired of getting paid shit money and being told what to do so they created a gang together and called themself a small mafia outfit.

Now in mafia returns if such a thing happens they are called rogue's like what actually is a rogue have you ever in real life heard of a mafia family going rogue? no they are just a seperate albeit smaller organisation and yes if they were made and left another family they would be shot however if they were never in a family to begin with and just embarked on a life of crime they were more then welcome to start a gang as they see fit.

The larger mafia families only cared about buisness not trying to control every gang in the city.

They operated on a i don't fuck with you and you don't fuck with me basis, as they were a mafia organisation not a police force.

And sometimes the smaller organisations would kick up a percentage of their earnings to the larger families to keep them off their backs and sometimes even went into buisness with them and using the smaller organisation as hitters so to keep the government off their own back.

Just because we created our own rules and way of life does not mean that it should be set in stone i think sometimes people forget what the mafia are, we are not here to police every city or to kill every crook that does not belong in a family we are here to make money and live a style of life known to be La Cosa Nostra which we should only be concerned about other gangs if they muscle in on our turf or attack our family.

Now i'm not telling people how to play i say everyone to their own but this is a reminder on how the mafia works and as we are role playing as them this is ideally what we ideally should be basing our methods of buisness on.

I get people will disagree with what i am saying but that's life the world is built on opinions we are all different and as such play different however i do not understand why this is such an issue and why people are making quotes such as "WHEN WE LET THE INMATES RULE THE ASYLMUM" 

I did not know that these men were mad? or that they are savages to me they are buisness men trying to make a profit and life a lifestyle choice they have minds and i am confident that they will succeed.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Seems like a lot of rules to govern.  That kind sometimes be a tricky thing to watch over, all the details involved in this project and trying to enforce each one.   However,  I am sure you have your trusted advisers who will help this run smoothly without a blip.  Looking forward to watching what transpires.  I like the idea.  

Report Post Tip
Isn't a bit Romanesque to throw some competitors into an arena for the collective masses to watch them be eaten alive though? Don't get me wrong I'm all for opportunity for those who earn it but isn't this a cheap way of saying "If you can out pewpew your fellow competitors you can walk amongst earned and established men and women"?

This experiment has been tried with different rules and at different times throughout our lands history. Typically it ends poorly and those who come out of it alive cause issues and are less than favorable.

In saying that, I respect your decision and the call and will support the upholding of the rules and respect what transpires.
Report Post Tip
Why does everyone call it an experiment? It's just a new way of doing things. Change is good. Fresh is good. People need to realise that sometimes the way things are done need to be done in a different manner.
Report Post Tip
Iris, anything which has been tried with the hypothesis of a certain outcome to see what the results unearth is considered and defined as an experiment. Electricity was an experiment though is now a standard but lest we forget where and how it started.
Report Post Tip

Tesla! That geeky fuckn genius!

Report Post Tip

I find that the traditional way of authorizing new leaders is the best way, but nevertheless I'm interested in what the city of Los Angeles will bring. 

Report Post Tip

Tommy why are you so sure that this is going to end up a blood bath?

For all we know they could decide to work together and live in peace making profit and living happily you can't just pre-judge someone based on your own assumptions.

If they are smart and the ones who will succeed will be smart will work together in a group of 3-5 and establish a HQ after that it's up to them they can live in peace there is no guarantee that anyone has to kill another for power.

Report Post Tip

Now, there is optimism and there is fantasy.

99% sure they'll shoot each other sooner or later.

Report Post Tip
Some view the glass as half full others half empty. I view a glass with a drink in it. Take that for what it's worth.
Report Post Tip

Duplicity, I do have questions.

If LA is free game when they travel to other cities before rank of MadeMan, what about 'outsiders' traveling into LA?  

Do the residents of LA have the authority to shoot at will for someone being on their turf?

What if we have businesses open before this event was released...are we still able to travel to LA without fear of being shot because of these new rules for LA residents?

How will you prevent these guys from building their guns because one can still be a Wise guy, and have a big gun? An LA group can try to go and takeover another city... what then? 

-No outside help period, if an associate of LA gets outside help (shots, money, credits, info) will be shot, no matter what rank they are, even if they already reached Made or higher etc

Okay does this mean no posting in LA because this does help LA towards VIP mapping ...maybe not a lot but it can... and then durden mapping, more shots, bigger guns.  I do realize that LA can get VIP mapping on their own, but if we post there I was curious in this regard.  It could be said if outsiders posted in LA we are helping them or is it just the 4 things you mentioned?

Not trying to be difficult but I would like it clarified so nothing happens later on and "additional rules" have to be made like in the past with these type of events.

Say I am in LA in the BD, I get shot by an LA associate....not an attempt but shot.  They can be shot but then I am dead as well because I am unclear if I can go to LA as usual without fear then told I can so I go.   I am personally informed by my upper structure that all is business as usual, but what if it isn't stated in the rules....those "fresh off the boat" can build a gun, get territorial and shoot "outsiders".

Also this idea to me seems to promote suicides because of the simple statement:

- Only those who are fresh off the boat are allowed to take part (You must start off in LA so that your home city shows as LA)

How are "new" people fresh off the boat supposed to know when signing up about this?  Login create a character, can even join a family, read the thread...suicide to go try.  Not to mention those already established who want to give this a try.

If I have missed any of my questions stated in your posts, I sincerely apologize because I was catching up on alot of things at once as soon as I woke up.  No disrespect is intended, I just have questions and would like clarity given so everyone knows as well.

Report Post Tip

If an LA group did try to take over another city it would be foolish and they would be throwing away a golden opportunity that may never come their way again.

I think that these people just want to lead their own crews it would be suicide and the deaths of all their members should they attack another family seeing as how big we are and they would easily be outgunned and have nothing to gain.

Think about it do you really think one family from LA would risk everything they worked hard for to take over another city?

It would mean them having to take out every other player and family in the game for them to be safe and consider it a success which is impossible.

These are just people who want to try their hand at leading their own family and i say let them try so long as their business doesn't conflict with my own why should i bother what they are doing.

Also for the suicide thing if people want to suicide to join the race for LA then that's entirely their choice really and it's not something that would effect us significantly  

Report Post Tip

-LA is your home, you can't leave it, should you leave LA you will be free game to those in the city you fly to

Right here it says if you leave LA then you are free to be shot by others, this is of course before you become Made. As said by the below rule,

-As soon as you reach Made Man and set up or join the person who sets up you may become apart of our society, flying freely 

Also in the last rule it says LA members have to respect the same rules we respect and not shoot outsiders who enter their realm or those if they leave it too. So you can open a business in LA just fine, the only people they are openly allowed to shoot are each other. As you see below.

-LA members still need to respect the rules of our world, don't think just because you are in LA means you can shoot at outsiders for free 

Wouldn't it get a little suspicious if someone tries to stay at Wise Guy for more than 11 days? Yes, plus with how guns work, even if they build a cannon, which doesn't happen in just 11 days, being only Wise Guy would hinder your gun. So if that was their goal, then I hope they are smart enough to realize that wouldn't work too well or go unnoticed. 

Your posts in LA help you. Until a crew is established and becomes apart of our world they won't get points for posting or you posting in their businesses. Posting isn't really a benefit besides the Durden mapping, which they can buy anyways. So that isn't really a worry about outside help.

Also, gonna be honest here. Most brand "new" people aren't going to know anything about this game and even have the ability to survive in LA. If someone brand new joins up, sees this, and wants to take part, more power to them! Yet, honestly word of mouth is a strong thing. People will tell their friend who may not be playing, but will want to now because of this. I figure most established people who have already put work into this character aren't going to suicide to try this. This is more for those not playing, those new who actually might want to, and those that may have just passed.

Those who are among us now will have chances at auth. We have two other cities to fill. There is tons of room for those who want a chance to get it.

Report Post Tip

It was pointed out to me I did in fact miss the part pertaining to shooting outsiders, so thank you for clarifying everything Duplicity.  I appreciate the reply.

Report Post Tip

Since it's OOC, I'll spare with the cigarettes and how the wind blew my hair. I like the idea. Will it prosper? No one can tell. Just some things I would like to point out.

First, this won't be easy for those who would join. Those who would want to succeed would work days and nights to rank minimum time, and of course, build a decent gun to eliminate the competition. For sure, right now, alliances within the city (since the competition is strictly within the city only) are being formed as we speak. Hell, some of them are already a group when they joined LA. How they do it and how they emerge as winners, that's up to the strategy they make. You're right Ocho, it's like the reality tv. But the whole game outside of LA is like the reality tv series the Survivor too. The difference I think between would be LA leadership and the outside cities is that they would be staking their claims within a short period of time. Would I call it a slap in the face to those who like you said bled and sweat just to become Cl's? No it won't. You and I wouldn't know the hardship they will face to get on top. You and I wouldn't know the tactics and strategy they would use to get on top. The days and nights they would race to be the king of the hill of LA. And in LA, everyone has the chance to make a family through hardwork and brains, without the bias of bloodline.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Los Angeles Gets a Fresh Start
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL