Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 12:43:09
Page: [ <<< - < ] … 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 … [ > - >>> ]
Los Angeles Gets a Fresh Start Started by: Duplicity on Aug 14, '15 21:42

Sereno takes a handful of Gatsby's popcorn and watching on, waiting for a punch to be thrown.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Punching is the cowards way out but no doubt that will be the ends results.

Cowardly acts are not in my blood.

Report Post Tip
Now that I've skimmed over things again, what is the issue at hand? I feel we've strayed from the topic and delved into a spectator sport hoping that two people are going to air more of their dirty laundry in an attempt to one up each other.

This discussion was in regards to the survival of the fittest style populating of Los Angeles with certain restrictions put in place. So far so good it seems, yes people have died, but that's to be expected given the risk they know they take going into such a city. I don't think we can really blame anyone other than those who died.

Instead of arguing about something that is what it is why not take the personal disputes behind closed doors and allow the discussion to return to what it was meant to be about?

Hopefully Duplicity or one of her representatives can post a summary of any clarifications/changes/solutions to loopholes as I fear they have become lost in the hubbub.
Report Post Tip

Duplicity : Awesome idea. I believe like any experimental city there are slight adjustments to be made. But overall, great thinking for bringing new blood and shutting those up who complain about auth.

As we can see about a week into the competition, that it is indeed NOT a competition. All it took was someone to set up right off the bat, build their protection and now they sit at the top while little minions of the world try to attempt a shot at Los Angeles just to be shot down because they are not affiliated with anyone in the city.

I am bringing this to light, but do not know a good solution for it? Maybe allow up to Earner to move over? Maybe even Wise Guy? I don't really know, but maybe a conversation can be had about this?

Report Post Tip

It was always going to be the best way to tackle this imo. Unless another group started up at the same time with the same idea then these guys are it. Even then they may have either merged or had it out till one group was left.

I don't see this being an issue as others can still join them and help them become a powerhouse but going it alone and opposing them wouldn't be the best option. At the end of the day, some took to the opportunity with smarts and sit pretty. Will they continue like this, only time will tell, yet it's realistic given the situation and opportunity.

Report Post Tip
I was assured that they are peaceful and only shooting when shot at first. What is truth and what is false I don't know really. Anyone waking into LA now, I wish you luck.
Report Post Tip
Guys, several groups have started together, some stronger, some weaker, some people unafiliated for now. When we talk as a block, It's the whole city of LA talking, these diferent groups working together for the good of the whole city...

I Know most of you assume innocently this is Wild Wild west with one Crew talking over and shooting everybody else (i thought that would happen too when i joined...). But it really is not what happened/ is happening. And you're scaring away people who maybe wanted to Try and help build LA with us.
Report Post Tip

Talk about building a city all you want. But I believe the people who are in LA now, have shown the world what it's like. Someone coming off the shores who is unaffiliated will now, not feel comfortable trying for something that Duplicity has put in place. It's like blocking what's trying to be achieved here.

I have no interest or say in the matter, I am just voicing what others have also stated to me in private mails. For the potential revision of rules to be considered.

Report Post Tip

So because you failed to achieve your LA domination you would like the rules changed... so you can build outside of LA then pop back in and try again so you don't have to abide by the same restrictions we do? That's honorable!!!

Report Post Tip
JohnDavidson,
Actually, you've really brought nothing to light aside from a theory you created based on names and start times you read in the obits that for some reason you are here presenting to Duplicity as fact.

Of the early LA 'newcomer' casualties, the first newcomer to die was shot by fellow newcomer Skorpeon, who to the surprise of nobody started shooting at people as soon as he turned 24 hours. Pluto, the other newcomer in the obits, did the same thing and was killed for it as well.

As for your other points, with the exception of this whole LA thing being an awesome idea, they were all wrong too.
Report Post Tip

Oh I assure you Mr Tango even if the rules were changed and Mr Davidson wanted to go back to LA I would not allow it, I value my members enough to not allow them to go back to a city where they will just end up another notch on your gun.

Report Post Tip

AfghanTango.. I am not here to argue with you or anyone from Los Angeles. Like you.. I have friends.. If I REALLY wanted to, I could then set up a time where we all trickle in and set up and fight it out... but I didn't care enough about LA to do that.. I just went in.. and shot up people and died.. to get that out of my system...

I am saying this rule thing to be looked at.. not necessarily changed, but when someone gives an idea, I am sure they love feedback on how its working.. which is all I am doing...

They can look at the rules and say "It's fine the way it is" and I would be satisfied... Didn't think raising a point was such a big issue...

As for you DooDooBrown, I simply cannot take you serious with a name like that.. so.. piss off...

Report Post Tip

Suddenly allowing people to transfer to LA would be unfair to those who worked, fought and survived from the beginning. 

Mr Davidson brings up a good point as in due time which likely won't be too long from now anyone entering could die every 24 hours which no longer makes it a competition but more so a slaughter, but as you said Sovvy it may be a bit too late to do anything about that now especially given it goes against the entire point of this competition.

I don't really expect it to be anything more than one group controlling it all which is fine but it won't be a competition anymore at that point.

Report Post Tip

I had no idea this was a competition.... what are the prizes? Maybe I should take this more seriously. 

Report Post Tip

The prize is you getting what your Father complained about and seemed to have been shot for. If you don't think that is a good enough prize, I don't know what to tell you.

Report Post Tip

If It wasn't a competition for Auth.. then the leaders of the world would not tolerate LA shooting LA.

Report Post Tip
Good for Afghan and company for seizing the chance as soon as it opened. Rules can't be changed because people arnt fond oh what's happening. Maybe people can enter in this gig by being upfront with their intentions instead of shooting first.
If it's done nothing else, it has provided some much needed entertainment these last few days.
Report Post Tip

Soooo You think it would be fair to allow somebody to live outside the arena get there BGs fully trained along with there gun and enter LA where they can kill off those that are already there? I will not support such a move those in there decided to work together for there own best interest and deserve any rewards that come there way. Skorps descendent decided to go the gun and failed and now realises that he can no longer obtain the prize so wants to train in safety then enter i think not.

It is not fair on those that are doing it the hard way.

THATS IT....IM MOVING TO LA! 

Gatsby packs his bags. 

Im going to make a movie. Join me Sereno

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Los Angeles Gets a Fresh Start
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL