Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 01:34:21
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [ > - >>> ]
Los Angeles Gets a Fresh Start Started by: Duplicity on Aug 14, '15 21:42

well whatever the case, good luck Juan. I hope to see you do well :) 

Report Post Tip

Juan, you are understood by far more then it appears.

Report Post Tip

Was LA really given a chance? I did not read a timeline.  Why is it mafiaos from LA cannot venture into other cities until made, but anyone and their Mother can come to LA and reap what is LA's capital on perspective business?  Does this mean LA was nothing but a whoopie cushion/joke as mentioned a couple weeks ago?

Report Post Tip

The number one problem with this grandiose idea is the fact unless mobsters fresh off the boat choose LA as their home town and/or  read this supposed grandiose idea, they would not know to position themselves in LA. Then of course there is the above and beyond experienced who relays this so grandiose idea to the experienced and they respond with intelligent questions/concerns. 

Million dollar question: Where on this newsflash is there a timeline mentioned for LA? It was assumed LA was nothing but a future bloodbath. Was the assumption correct?

Report Post Tip

"Unfortunately at this time LA will be shutting its doors."

Power tripping mode eh? You open and shut in what 2 weeks? LA did not build enough for you and your spring off guns fast enough?

"Our hopes was that this would triumph and that outsiders would keep their nose where it belongs and that those in LA wouldn't use their privileges of not joining a crew to do dirty work"

To be a sincere triumph, your intentions needed to be as sincere. Outsiders keeping their nose where it belongs it is a cowardly crock of shit. You and your posse  frequent  LA. What a contradiction! 

"That people wouldn't do their best to find loopholes and that they would still understand respect and hard work."

Hard workers who do respect this life are subject to looking for loopholes. Who the fuck wants to work hard and have respect fpor this thing so your cowardly ass can kill it off?

Not much of this was coming out or going in to LA. So with that said it is closing so that it may be filled another way."

What you mean is you anticipated a replica to a Durden party and it just has not worked fast enough for you. Why? Because people far more capable and intelligent  are sitting on the sidelines listening to the sounds of "tic toc" and your own will be the death of you. ;)

"For those in LA now. You will have 3 days to find a home in one of the other cities. You do not have to restart your character to join someone else. You may now freely join them as who you are due to the inconvenience of this being shut down."

Take your stupidity and shove it so far up your ass because your guilt has you back to square one now. 

Wal;ks away laughing my ass off at how foolish you look.

Report Post Tip
@teete You just role played your exit in the ooc forum. Not only that but you did it with such illiteracy I can't fathom. You want to laugh about the stupidity of someone, you wasted your real life time in la. Time you could have spent with friends or family. Good attempt though trying to make fun of someone else cause in the end no one cares about your thoughts. It seems like you were consciously aware of this though that's probably why you suicided to appear as to have the last laugh, well no in the end, you're laughing alone.
Report Post Tip

It's a shame that this had to come to an end so soon, but I just want to thanks Duplicity for the opportunity to run a family in LA. I didn't get that chance as I only made it to Earner before it being stopped but I still enjoyed every moment of it in LA.

Maybe in the future things like this can work, but I look forward to see what will be done with the great city.

Thanks again, Duplicity.

Report Post Tip

Gatsby

Don't worry about Sadie.. I mean Teets.

She's a very special person to us all. I heard there's a fan club for her too.

Report Post Tip
Though I can understand the reasoning behind closing down LA, I have to say that as someone who invested about 100 hours over the course of a week and three accounts, after Dueling out to start in LA... Had I known it would be such a short lived project, I wouldn't have even bothered trying.

Nor would I have racked up an enormous debt, but that's neither here nor there.

Either way, cheers to whatever happens in LA next, hopefully it's more productive.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well if you hadn't let that numpty Rowlf win, there might have still been a Los Angeles competition. 

Report Post Tip
Doubtful. Also, I didn't "let" anyone "win" anything. I was entirely set to get a HQ in min time with full BGs and Forts upon setting up, but alas outside interference lead to me being gunned down in my sleep.

Which is whatever, this is the Mafia. But after 100+ hours and tapping all my resources, there was no way I'd bother to go back.
Report Post Tip

Dont worry people. I was not even maxed and had 15 untrained BGs when I set up. Dont lose sleep over me.

I actually found the whole LA thing pretty relaxing.

Report Post Tip

I didn't realise the entire LA project was actually just a race to Made Man. 

Report Post Tip

Which is why Henri i think it is good that this all ends now. People like you who invest so much time and effort and even real life money in this game to watch it be thrown away by someone who interfered is not fair to you. To see this being prevented in the future is great.

Rowlf, i actually did lose a bit of sleep for you. WHY WONT YOU JOIN ME :( 

Report Post Tip
LA Closing

Unfortunately at this time LA will be shutting its doors. Our hopes was that this would triumph and that outsiders would keep their nose where it belongs and that those in LA wouldn't use their privileges of not joining a crew to do dirty work. That people wouldn't do their best to find loopholes and that they would still understand respect and hard work.

Not much of this was coming out or going in to LA. So with that said it is closing so that it may be filled another way.

For those in LA now. You will have 3 days to find a home in one of the other cities. You do not have to restart your character to join someone else. You may now freely join them as who you are due to the inconvenience of this being shut down.

Thanks,

Duplicity

If you didnt want people shooting those from LA you shouldn't have been a hypocrite, why would anyone follow your rules when you don't even walk the talk?
Report Post Tip

You're right, I should wait until someone in LA somehow had the gun and shot someone who openly disrespected people and when told to stop he rudely said "too late for that now". Yes, that is okay. I'll make sure I walk the walk and allow people to do that freely with no repercussions all because they were in LA. 

In the rules it says we are to respect the rules of this world. One of those rules is respect, at least I thought it was commonly known rule here. He did not follow that rule and died for it.

Report Post Tip

Gatsby,  I suppose it would be difficult for you to comprehend while your head  is so far up Duplicity's ass. Try grasping the concept of having a mind of your own.  Then come talk to me.

Dillion,  what Duplicity meant all along  is "Do as I say, not as I do."  She left that part out in her LA speech.

Report Post Tip

You must deal with a lot of shitty people every day for the amount of complaining you do on this game, loopholes. Since that seems to be the only trait you have.

It has been at least over a month and you have only ever spent any of your time and your friends time making characters, talking shit, and then suicide because you feel like it gets you the last laugh.

I suppose if you find that fun, then by all means keep doing it, but you're not really getting anywhere or hindering me. You're just making everyone become annoyed of you.

I've been ignoring you for the most part as you don't really have much to say besides "Duplicity sucks". Yet, I thought I would try to give some advice, which I'm sure you will then take and twist my words for your betterment before you die again.

Report Post Tip
Hey loopholes

Being that most people message me saying "I love your writing" or "great thoughts!" I think I have plenty mind of my own. Having a mind of ones own doesn't mean you need to disagree with someone. Now please do not criticize the size of my head, I'm rather sensitive about that. If you want to insult me for agreeing with my friend and saying I think her vision and desire for that city was good and even the reason why they shut it down was as good, then come up with a better reason than kissing up.

You can ask anyone here. I have no qualms about disagreements. What I have a problem with is people like you who seem to forget that at the end of this it's a game. Enjoy your time. If you can't and for some reason it causes so much discomfort in your mental wellbeing please for the people in your life talk to someone in real life. I mean this with as much gentleness as I can. This should not be a place for you to be upset all the time.

Two more things loopholes. I am one genuinely concerned for you and two don't start a war of words with me. You won't win.
Report Post Tip

as others said, it was expected to have problems from the start as all these competitions or however you describe them cities can be, from outsiders killing others, disrepect and what seemed a lack of participation even if sadly meaning people suicided out of crews just to take opportunity.

I would love to see one of these things work, but without the right people is difficult and as seen in past, whats right for one group of people isn't for another and the chaos ensues.

I am however glad if someone has worked their ass of for their family/district gets the reward as i would hope that is how it should work, otherwise, what are most of us clicking round for.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Los Angeles Gets a Fresh Start
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL