Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 08:01:57
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
What do you do for a living Started by: EdisonByers on Dec 19, '20 03:18

i developed a seizure disorder late in life so i don't work and live off the government...but when i did work, i was an EMT, working on ambulances and private duty in-home care...i enjoyed both and miss my clients/patients

Report Post Tip

Hi there my name is scott'  54 was, A journeyman at the local Newspaper for 23 years.  now 3-heart surgeries and diabetic...puts my health in srry shape

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I am a jack of all trades an a master of none lol I work for a nagging company flagging traffic lol not my ideal job but it works for right now
Report Post Tip

Agency worker mainly doing anything and everything,  as was furloughed last easter roughly and the job front has when i worked, been reduced hours

Report Post Tip
I don’t got a job. Looking hard for one. Finished up college and now just bumming around on credit. Life’s hard and easy at the same time, I gave up my dreams of being an astronaut and discover space early on now I’d be happy to direct cars into parking spaces, I would even wear a comedy chicken suit and dance.
Report Post Tip

This days I dont do anything for a living other then going to an office to get my payment.

I have to aplay for some jobs but if I dont get any I still get money 

Report Post Tip
I am a mortgage broker. So help people purchase homes most of the time. Also assist with refinancing current mortgages.
Report Post Tip
I work for an automotive manufacturer of molded and painted exterior components that supplies most major auto makers.
Report Post Tip

I work for a photocopying company and I deal with all of the IT stuff which 90% of normal people know how to fix, also YES. turning something off and on again will fix it 60% of the time

Report Post Tip

currently im a full time student so living poor is the best way of life for me :)

Report Post Tip

Great idea and well framed.

I'm in education, been teaching for many years. Sorry to hear folks have been furloughed. It's very hard times we are living in now.

I work overseas and that has added its own element of fun to the mix. If anyone is a teacher who is considering life, even if it was 2 years, abroad, drop me a line and I can chat about the experience.

Report Post Tip
I have been a chef for 19 years but thanks to COVID and many lockdowns I am now a full time dad and part time teacher so my wife can work nights

I have really enjoyed the lockdowns I have never spent so much time with my kids it’s been great and we have learned so interesting things
Report Post Tip
That is good news Gordon. Being a Dad Inthink must be the best job in the world.
I will hopefully be able to do that one day 👌
Report Post Tip

I work for the family business.  Some say this sounds good, others not so good.

Pros - I do payroll...say no more

Cons - HR are a bunch of di**s

Anyone else in this position?

I work at a dog daycare, have been for over 13 years. People think it's all playing with cute little puppies, when it's 90% cleaning and collecting bruises. You love them like your own family and if you work there long enough you get to watch them grow up and sometimes  sadly pass away.

I may not make a lot a money, and no benefits ….but I wouldn't trade it.

As one of the let's say "elder statesmen" on MR, I've had a varied and interesting worklife. From living abroad for over 15 years working for blue chip companies throughout Europe, The Gulf/Middle east and Africa to being a chef (Of sorts) with my own Butty Van. 

A few years ago I bought a Locksmith Franchise covering all of Greater Manchester and beyond. Best business decision I've ever made both financially & work enjoyment.

I work for myself. Wholesale produce delivery to restaurants which at the moment are not doing so well. It's caused me to pick up extra work at Amazon delivering packages.. let me tell you it's not fun work lol
Report Post Tip
Nothing really i am just a student getting by with support from the government.
Report Post Tip

Software Engineering. Atm I'm working at a goverment facility to maintain and expand the local software they use. Pretty dumb tbh but the pay is great.

Report Post Tip

I do lab data stuff and project management.  Currently setting up a new lab in Cork, Republic of Ireland to do a lot of Brexit related shenanigans. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What do you do for a living
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL