Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 08:16:32
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [ > - >>> ]
Are you superstitious? Believe in good or bad luck etc? Started by: Smash on Mar 16, '21 13:21

I believe if you are wearing new socks everything will go well for about 8 hours. It never seems to fail me and I'm not sure why I don't just buy socks all the time. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Not really. I tend to form habits out of convenience instead of superstition myself but I'd be lying if I said I haven't formed some superstitious ones that are harmless and so minor that they don't really matter. I do the superstitious ones for myself and not due to actual belief that they work, though.

Report Post Tip

Don't really believe in good or bad luck really i think we mostly make our own luck with our choices and the choices of people around us.

Report Post Tip

Wouldn't say that I'm overly superstitious... I mean I've owned four black cats in my lifetime and they brought more joy than bad luck. Will say there are stuff out there that are rather hard to explain. Seen some stuff that really had me questioning things. 

Report Post Tip

Isn't everyone a little superstitious? 

I think no matter how much you try to be, slmethi g maybe happen that makes you think you done something to deserve bad luckor maybe that's just me 

Report Post Tip

I believe in routines, you get more if you put in more effort/time, but when it comes to superstitions, no, and it almost gets annoying when someone around says it was just going to happen, no way to fight it. sheep talk

Report Post Tip

Originally wrote I wasn't very superstitious. But now I am not so sure! I been looking at a new vacuum cleaner and decided to make do with the one I have. This morning I decided to stop working halfway during my chores. If that isn't fate... maybe our machines have 'feelings'! Who really knows!! 

Report Post Tip

Embarrassing typo ^ up there ^. I of course meant the hoover decided to stop working. Not me. Naturally, I too have my moments of refusing to work too! But today it was the hoover!

Report Post Tip

I wouldn't say I'm overly superstutious, but lets be honest - anyone who plays any sport at any decent level has some superstitions they observe. I used to have the same breakfast, and always use the same run up when playing, but I'd say that was more muscle memory than superstition. Outside of sport, I don't have any superstitions though - I am quite lucky, however... just won a 200/1 bet a week ago, actually. Heh.

Report Post Tip

I have never been one for superstition,  I do not pay attention to astrology and my star sign or what Chinese horoscope i am.   I do not look for people to date, who supposedly match my symbols, etc.

And as an amateur sportsperson at school, college, and university, my only real constants were training, training, and a good diet.   Was no lucky socks or boots, no lacing methods or special procedures.

Report Post Tip

I believe the number 13 is lucky. I handle mirrors with care. I'm happy if my right palm is itchy because that means money coming in and sad if it's my left palm because of money going out. When my nose gets itchy, I'm sure I'll be in a fight soon. I would never open an umbrella indoors. Other than that, I don't believe in silly superstitions at all. 

Report Post Tip
I'm a fan of believing in synchronicity although I don't have any firm principles on the subject. I think luck and timing also play a significant role in "fate" as well as hard work and practice/preparation.
Report Post Tip
Not really, but there is one thing...

I work in ambulance, and it’s full of superstitious people. 1) never say the “q” word (quiet). Don’t cross the path of a black cat. Don’t eat your lunch. Don’t fall asleep. None of that matters.

The one thing - the full moon. It never fails, fucked up shit always happens.
Report Post Tip

Not sure, I feel like if I think about a certain superstition than my mind will think it's real, other times completing that same exact task not thinking about it, it doesn't exist so this one is a wash for me haha, great question.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

absolutely, I wouldnt say im overly supersticious but I definitely believe in things that go beyond what is to meet the eye. I often wonder about the power of energy that is in each of us and how that interacts with others and the world. This can be all very interesting things.

Report Post Tip
If I believed in it, I'd have to have some good luck at some point, all I have is bad luck.
Report Post Tip

I believe in karma do good things, the world will return the favor Do poor things and the world will return the favor. 

Report Post Tip

Yes I am, when you belong in an Asian household this is a standard for us, like you can't sleep if your hair is still wet it may cause blindness and you can't sweep or clean your house at night because it may sweep of the luck and the most well known superstition in our household is you can't remove a ant hill because another element is living their lol.

Report Post Tip

I believe that if it werent for bad luck, id have no luck at all. lol I wouldnt say "Superstitious" though. When someone says "Superstitious" it makes me think of black cats and broken mirrors. I dont believe in any of those things, I feel that those sorts of things are silly, no offense to people that believe, but, its definitely not for me.

Report Post Tip

I'd like to say I'm not but I've always had a thing with stepping on lines. I think it started as a kid playing baseball, jump over the baseline ya know? And it just kind carried, and now I always avoid any lines while walking, be it a sidewalk crack or a painted line etc

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Are you superstitious? Believe in good or bad luck etc?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL