Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 02:58:51
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [ > - >>> ]
Are you superstitious? Believe in good or bad luck etc? Started by: Smash on Mar 16, '21 13:21
Well, I have never put much thought into it, but I don't think I am. I mean, there is luck or bad luck for certain things, but I don't base my life and choices on it. Some things just happen and we gotta deal with them.
Report Post Tip

I am not superstitious but I do believe if there is a such thing as bad luck, there also has to be a thing called good luck also. Just like night and day or left and right or right and wrong, where there is a beginning there is an end.

Report Post Tip

I am highly superstitious when it comes to gaming. When i play games involving dices i always line up my dices in a particular order each dice laying in it special way. This will create luck and make the game go my way.

On the other hand touching other peoples dices or them touching mine is horrible and will remove all the good dice karma buildt up from treating the dice correctly. 

Report Post Tip

Interesting topic.

Certainly i am not superstitious in the typical way it is understood, for example when a cat crosses my path or when i break a mirror, broke a mirror about two weeks ago and won some money the very next day. Nevertheless i think that if someone was to believe strongly enough in such ideas and fixate their attention upon them it may in fact have some kind of unconscious influence on their choices that in turn may in rare cases result in some dreaded consequences, but for me there is no observable pattern to that. That is not to say however that i don't believe in good and bad luck, i think such a thing has some grounds in actuality simply because i know people who seem to be either lucky in general or unlucky in general across a wide variety of life's activities, why this is i have no idea, it's surely not all down to the simple matter of someones ' mental attitude ' as the hordes of self help gurus and psycho-babblers would insist that it is. One thing i am sure of there's a whole lot more to this marvelous world than what we as people can understand, it would be highly presumptuous to imagine otherwise, IMO.  

Report Post Tip

I believe in a form of Karma, I suppose. A sense that the universe has a way of balancing itself out as it does with almost everything else. Whether in this life, the next, or if there is an afterlife based on your karma balance. There has to be some sort of equalizer. I suppose that's my theory on spirituality.

Report Post Tip

I'm not suuuuuuper superstitious, but I do kinda believe in it. Perhaps what I believe most in is jinxing something, and then I kinda find myself wanting to knock on a wooden surface three times, but it's not as if I go crazy if I can't find a wooden surface to knock on, I just get on with my life lol.

Report Post Tip
For some reason, stupid people seem to have worse luck than normal people. It might not be a coincidence.
Report Post Tip

I think I am tbh. I mean not walking under a ladder is also just good common sense too. Also the number 13 is very lucky in my life so that is a contradiction! Most of the other traditional 'rules' though I do seem to fall in line with though!

Report Post Tip

Only when it comes to the number 13 and aircraft, no idea why lol 

Report Post Tip

I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious lol. Am I right? Drums please

Report Post Tip

I must admit I am. Mainly when it comes to splitting poles, black cats, what goes around comes around, and a few others. I just tend not to test the laws good and bad luck.

Report Post Tip

I think karma does exist, and eventually the past will catch up to you unless you're extremely vigilant or lucky.

Report Post Tip
Not superstitious at all. Luck isn't something that can relied on or planned for, it's not predetermined so there isn't any way that certain actions can cause or affect your luck.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I'm not sure its called superstition, but the number 22 is my favorite number. To be honest I can't remember if the the Jersey number came before that number being my favorite. Either way the number isn't lucky or unlucky...

I guess I'm not superstitious, unless you could the turning the light off..then on...then off....then on....then off, before I leave the house everyday?

Report Post Tip

I don’t really know if this qualifies but I strongly believe in karma. There are countless times where I’ve personally experienced it, could it have been coincidence that for example doing a good deed brings one to you, could be but I think it’s karma. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Usually, I would say no. But when I played football, and things went great, you think back to what you did right before the game and try to do the same things before the next one. 
I think it's nonsense looking back on it. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I definitely believe in luck even if it's bad luck or good luck I think luck chooses us since seeks us out and helps us guide our decisions that we make through life good or bad

Report Post Tip

I have no luck / so does that mean I believe. "NO" I am not superstitious at all but on the other hand life is what you make of it and how you recover from the choices that we all make.

So good or bad ..... is it just where we are and who we are weather we are beggars or an Elon.

How do you view your yourself .... Lucky or Not

Report Post Tip
"I made a conscious decision, because of Stevie Wonder, to not be superstitious"
Report Post Tip

I do believe I am superstitious to an extent.

For instance.

I will not walk under a ladder.

I believe that bad luck comes in 3s.

I knock on wood so I am not jinxed on some things.

I am careful on Friday the 13th when doing certain things or avoid doing them. 

Black cat crossing my path.  Uhm, I have a black cat so it crosses my path daily so not sure this one works for me. Hahaha

My Grandma was extremely superstitious and believed all the old wives tales so she kinda instilled some thoughts into us growing up with some of her stories.  She is gone now and I would love to hear of all those tales again.  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Are you superstitious? Believe in good or bad luck etc?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL