Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 17:48:21
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >>> ]
The Inactive Upper Shame Page Started by: SashaGrey on Aug 31, '22 19:10

What a cunty thread this is. 
Maybe the stat that should be shown is a ratio of a crews members online without any of the crews uppers online. 
If that is in the negatives, then maybe there’s a problem. Otherwise, maybe a leader has a crew full of casual players and that’s what drew them to a crew in the first place. That is, after all, a setting in Crew Details that players can use to help pick which family would suit them best. 

Some of us have busy lives, big families, lots of jobs, any number of things going on that keep us from being able to put in hours and hours a day. Does that mean we shouldn’t also be allowed to enjoy all the different aspects of the game? Everyone of my family members knows that if they don’t like what’s going on in my family they are welcome to look for new homes. 

Mind your fucking business.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $180,000 Tip

Someone sounds a bit hostile

Report Post Tip

Thanks for your input Shayna, make sure you add “Astute as fuck” to your resume.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

I dunno, it looks like an explanation to me. One that wasn’t even warranted. I’d say he went above and beyond, tbh.

The fact that there are people here that think hours spent in game is the only metric that should determine the  ability to be a leader, is perhaps a reason that they themselves are not in a position of leadership. Maybe. Iunno.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

I am not an upper nor do I have any aspirations to be one which makes me hope that, since I am not one of the accused nor do I seek to lower any standards to make myself fit in, I will not be marked as "covering my own ass" for saying what I am about to say:

I find the concept behind this thread repugnant.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

If people don't want to join a leader they deem IA, it's easy to check that out and then just not join them.

But this thread amuses me.

Report Post Tip

This thread continues to bring me joy, but keep in mind until there is any reason to actually NEED to be on many hours it's hard to force yourself to be on that much after you've finished building. 

The lack of people who want to lead or take control with the massive amount of crew setup options means that this number likely will never change without a large influx of new users.

Close CH/DT.

Report Post Tip
I agree with pepe here. Thought it is funny. Can ya really blame people who are 150+ . Not much to do at that age. We hardly get new players so it's rather difficult to sit around and teach people things they know already.
Report Post Tip

I run into new people often. Some have been around for a few years and still have much to learn. We just have to open the door for them and let them know we are here to teach. I do. 

Report Post Tip
Yeah there are players who for sure could still learn a thing or two. I myself think I could. I just dont really see new players. Most new players we used to get are just old players coming back. Granted I have not been here in a while so maybe the influx of new players has risen. If so I'd love to help out and teach them.

Close CH/DT.

Or at least shave off some districts, hem us closer together to create some friction. Perhaps allow it to grow organically, code it so when the user base expands the districts open, is that possible?

Those wanting auth need a minimum amount of created threads in the streets before it's possible? Or a mixture of streets and business district? If it required 5 created threads and 10 posts most of you would be finished.

I don't begrudge anyone playing the game around their lifestyle but I do think there is a difference to playing the game and controlling the game, as much as you might not like to hear it you have a responsibility to guide the game, it's current state is a reflection of you.

If you just wish to shoot NPCs and dice then fuck off to the periphery.

Also remove the left hand feature it's useless, it'll force a few people to be active if they want the bold/italics enough.

Or is this just a general malaise now until the new version release?

If you just wish to shoot NPCs and dice then fuck off to the periphery.

People who do this keep the game going though. If no one had guns or credits in the community it would be stale.  Think the simple soultion is to attract new players which I'm sure is hard these days. The leaders of the game should guide more so than try to judge who should and should not be able to play. It's why purging on a mass scale is idiotic imo. We prob have 200 people left playing mr why push them away ?

I just dont see how closing cities fixes anything. Groups will still group in 1 city. This is not a problem izzy cant fix imo. The players need to retain that this is a game and challange each other more. 0 competition between friends. It's as if all competitors HAVE to be from the opposite side. It makes shit boring when we have 200 players and its split into  two groups. People need to remember it's a game and we should be looking to create fun/memorable moments. 

Report Post Tip

People who do this keep the game going though.

Nobodies asking them to stop what they're doing, I'm simply trying to differentiate and suggest separating the two mindsets, it simply doesn't make for a leader, buying credits should not equate to leadership.

If no one had guns or credits in the community it would be stale. 

It is stale, that's the whole point.

Think the simple soultion is to attract new players which I'm sure is hard these days.

Oxymoron. It isn't a solution, it's a problem, a problem nobody has been able to solve. Money has been thrown at marketing in the past, it hasn't worked.

Everything else you said is a ramble and I can't.

Report Post Tip

Nobodies asking them to stop what they're doing, I'm simply trying to differentiate and suggest separating the two mindsets, it simply doesn't make for a leader, buying credits should not equate to leadership.

The people who do this will always run the game; it is the premise of the game. You have an issue with city size, and the solution you proposed is to have requirements set for CL that are easier to achieve than building a gun, but let's sit here and pretend typing up 10 posts is of the upmost difficulty. You must still be stuck in 2010.

I had the impression Izzy was waiting for the new game to push marketing. I thought this was said in main a few times. I could be wrong; if so, then sure, it's a problem. However, Im sure removing LHM would create an influx of new players, or maybe we  cram everyone into the same city. Maybe then we can put an end to how "Stale" things are. 

You must still be stuck in 2010.

That's a fair comment and something I'm questioning myself, it could simply be the case that the game has shifted and I haven't / can't adjust to what I perceive to be lower levels of standards.

I had the impression Izzy was waiting for the new game to push marketing. I thought this was said in main a few times. I could be wrong; if so, then sure, it's a problem. However, Im sure removing LHM would create an influx of new players, or maybe we  cram everyone into the same city. Maybe then we can put an end to how "Stale" things are.

I never suggested removing certain features would create growth, you're confusing the subjects, those examples were to create activity, seeing as this thread is about the lack of activity. I couldn't tell you Izzy's plan for growth and I do hope there is a push when the new iteration is released, I just hope there is user content left to retain new users, unless we're going full click monkey.

I'm getting the impression you're content with the status quo and happy to continue on this current in game trajectory so we're at a bit of an impasse.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I never suggested removing certain features would create growth, you're confusing the subjects, those examples were to create activity, seeing as this thread is about the lack of activity. I couldn't tell you Izzy's plan for growth and I do hope there is a push when the new iteration is released, I just hope there is user content left to retain new users, unless we're going full click monkey.

I'm getting the impression you're content with the status quo and happy to continue on this current in game trajectory so we're at a bit of an impasse.

It seems I was confused; I do apologize for that. I would love for the game to grow; I just don't really think the features are the cause of the lack of growth. As you said, I was confused as to what you meant. I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is. When the next game comes out, Im sure plenty of players who are not playing at the moment will return.

Report Post Tip

Either way, this is still a cunty thread.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Not going into the back and forth, but I wanted to explain my reasoning a bit:

I just dont see how closing cities fixes anything.

If we look at the stats 'random graphs' page, that's where I'm getting my numbers.

Over the last 7 days, MR has averaged 308 active players.  Let's be generous and add 20% on top of that for 'semi-active' players and call it 370 players per day.

As it stands, if you did 1 GF crew and 1 sub crew per district, you have space for:

19 districts x 45 members = 855

If we're super nice with the active numbers, the game currently supports more than double the amount of players.  This means at pretty much any given time, every single person who wants a crew or a hand position probably has it. *side note* I do understand some people are shot from regime to regime, but it's not an overwhelming majority.

Right now it's not really an honor to receive a CL or hand position, more something that just needs to get done.  I'm suggesting lowering the available spaces to create competition.  Yes, bringing in a large set of players would be nice, but let's be real, most people are going to go to a mobile graphical game.  We're the last of a dying breed lol.  And cities/districts can be re-added if/when more players come.  Many forget we didn't even have districts, much less west coast, for quite some time.

Lastly, why CH/DT? Let me be clear, in terms of lore, keeping CH/DT is the better option.  HOWEVER, with the distance matters code, it really does make way more sense to create a 'West coast vs East coast' theme.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $480,000 Tip

https://youtu.be/mwgZalAFNhM

its OOC. I had to. 

I do appreciate the efforts by Pepe to at least try and find a solution to the problem though.  I don't think there's any denying the issue.  I also hate a complainer who is always negative and bitching while not stepping up to help.  While mostly indifferent (ahem) to pretty much anything around here - this is a debate that seems to have at least stirred up a little bit of feels in me.  

Closing cities is certainly an option to make leadership positions less available and more desirable.  

I think the main thing that I take out of this is making leadership positions more desirable is a way to promote better leadership.  Being a good leader costs funds that I simply am not willing to pay.  Like - perks to your hard working crew.  It costs hundreds of millions of dollars in bodyguards to protect yourself, your hands and your hitters.  It costs millions in HQ fees.  It leads to advanced scrutiny from both the community and the admins which otherwise doesn't happen. Simply put - the time the judgy masses require to be a good leader simply isn't worth it.  

Can someone factually tell me WHY being a leader is desirable?  Yes, there are good people that you enjoy taking care of.  They're low maintenance and easygoing.  But - to get continually bitched about by people who can't/won't do it themselves?  Yeah - no.  

Side note - I've watched many a player put in a 60+ hour/week here only to lose their shit with one idiotic comment or click of the wack button and watch the who community turn on them and burn their entire city and the people in their charge to the ground.  Now that??  That - is what amuses me much more than inactive uppers.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $160,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Inactive Upper Shame Page
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL