Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 12:16:08
Page: [ <<< - < ] … 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [ > - >>> ]
The Inactive Upper Shame Page Started by: SashaGrey on Aug 31, '22 19:10

Idc what the page says, I'm actually Insanely High. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $1,460,420 Tip

I'm certainly not coming in here to defend anyone in terms of their online status or even really comment on that aspect at all.

What id like to know from all those bringing it up - where are the people that are highly active that want these positions? Do the general population realise how difficult it is to actually find hands right now?

You'll see my hands are largely inactive in the kindest terms, thats because they are only in this position as a favour and have little interest outside of helping me. If there was an abundance of people that actually wanted to be hands and wanted to be active, id be quite glad to have them onboard. I wonder how many others may have similar issues to me in terms of finding the right people.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

I have jazzy hands. They are snazzy sometimes too. I like them. I am all about feeling good. 

Report Post Tip

What id like to know from all those bringing it up - where are the people that are highly active that want these positions? Do the general population realise how difficult it is to actually find hands right now?

It's only as difficult as we make it. And we all know that for years it was rare to see an unfamiliar face being authed or being made RH. Personally I lost count how many times I was asked to return to RH for someone. And my first auth took years. Do you think it could be a tad discouraging to a highly active, loyal player watching John Doe pull up go IWP and before we know it he is a CL or RH? 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Its up to John Doe to show they are then up to the task, Flippy. There are probably loads of people that could fill the roles, possibly even loads of active people. But as most people that have been leaders before will tell you, the level of trust required to give that role to someone is huge. If that RH or LH fucks up, the CL and essentially the family as a whole are the ones at risk.

So like I said before, finding a hand that you can use, isnt as easy as it might seem. Finding someone to be a CL, is equally as challenging. Just because they want to be one, doesnt mean they will be a good choice. The regime will have people on this shit list that will rule them out from being Hands/CLs too, which again narrows that list of possible people down because people wont want to get on the wrong side of those in power.

So yeah, it might seem like a lot of people return time and again and take the same positions time and again, but thats generally because these people have proven they can do the task well and not rock the boat enough to get everyone killed.

Heck, even getting members nevermind Hands is a hard task right now. I'm pretty much online for over 12hrs a day (Yes, my online status doesnt reflect that because I'm not constantly pettying etc, but i'm here) and I respond to every person doing Jobs, but you can't force people to join a family either. Look how many unemployed mafisio there are currently, its crazy.

I guess i'm getting somewhat off topic right now, but suffice to say that holding people accountable to standards right now is somewhat disingenuous as the options available aren't exactly promising it would seem.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

But as most people that have been leaders before will tell you, the level of trust required to give that role to someone is huge. If that RH or LH fucks up, the CL and essentially the family as a whole are the ones at risk.

I get that. I also wonder how many we do not have around because they were good enough to send cash up, be there in times of war and all else a decent CL expects from a crew member but not good enough to be given a chance?  This mindset has dampened things around here over the years. 

I met a guy who got their upper structure jailed as a LH. He was remorseful. The best part is he came to me and told me what he had done when he was a crew member of mine. He eventually became my LH.  CL's need to take the time to get to know their crew members. Instead of counting on the same ones for auth and hands. 

As for the crewless, we have been averaging 25 and as much as 30 for years. Some have succumbed to staying solo. I would like to hear why that is.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

25 and as much as 30 for years.

Slight exaggeration there haha.

I still remember the days of 200 man HQs and having Sub Crews etc. I know those days are long gone, but I yearn for their return. 

Report Post Tip

I know for the last 3 yrs or so we average 25-30 crewless. That's years :P 

And I would like to see larger and active HQs too. I would love to see a mass survey go out asking former players a series of questions. In addition to updating them with the positive changes. I think the results will be interesting. 

Report Post Tip

Just to be clear, I don’t enforce this standard on anyone outside of the person who created the thread to begin with. As far as I’m concerned, if you demand a certain standard, you should be able and willing to meet the standard you have set, right Spiral?

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Flippy No one wants to play a game the admin plays favorites on, most the players that actually enjoy this game for its technical combat etc, don't want to deal with Izzy.  If the owner is willing to change rules whenever he pleases to aid people he considers friends, lord knows what other shady shit happens. 

Report Post Tip

So like I said before, finding a hand that you can use, isnt as easy as it might seem. Finding someone to be a CL, is equally as challenging. Just because they want to be one, doesnt mean they will be a good choice. The regime will have people on this shit list that will rule them out from being Hands/CLs too, which again narrows that list of possible people down because people wont want to get on the wrong side of those in power.

The issue with this is it kills what little population you already have. I log in to see 20 players online regularly , I cannot imagine how boring the game must be to many of you. This and Izzy's blatant favoritism sent the game downhill so fast. At what point does the regime go "hey we ruining the game for people in a game that's already going downhill". They don't, most of you don't have a problem making sure people you don't like don't play which is just weird, considering most of you are aware the community is dwindling.

Report Post Tip
If your seeing 20 online, you must be logging in the early Uk hours. It's no surprise the low numbers at that time as Uk folk prepare for work and US folk are away to bed. But sure, use hyperbole to make a point where its not needed.

Noone will dispute the community is low on numbers nor would anyone dispute many OG players have left and more continue to leave. That isnt just a reflection on the game though, its part of life. People move on and find new interests.

Anyone that genuinely thinks Izzy makes changes to simply aid his friends is also working on some wrong info. Believe me ive been in many scenarios over the years where Izzy has made decisions I didnt like or agree with, he doesnt do things out of favouritism.

Izzy is the main reason we even still have this game, you best believe he wants it to succeed and grow more than we do, he spends money frequently on advertising. This genre is a small pool of people that play these games.
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I could not have said it better Slash. Honestly it would not serve Izzy any good to display the type of favoritism Nice speaks about. He is my friend and has kicked me in the ass as well. (Deserved)

Report Post Tip
Let me ask you something Flippy, how do you think it feels to bust your ass in the streets every day and not get ahead in this life? What about giving people a chance? There’s people like me busting their ass in the streets every day, working hard to protect our families, and you just waltz into a crew and are immediately given a hand position? And then you rub it in our faces? How do you think that makes everyone else feel? How do you think that makes ME feel while I’m out here in the streets working hard and busting my ass for my family. But you feel like these people aren’t good enough to be a hand or run their own crew? We’ll let me tell you something Flippy, that ain’t true. There’s a LOT of people like myself who are equally frustrated and are busting their ass in these streets trying to protect their families. Oh and if anyone has a problem with me voicing my opinion on the matter let me tell you something… I dont give a f*ck. I’m proud to sit here and tell yall that regardless of how many people want to hold me back I’m gonna keep doing my motherf*ckin thing and bust my ass and work hard for my family.
Report Post Tip

@Cyrax Flippy's assigned voucher expired. Have no fear though, SuperDuperFlippy is here to tell you that you are barking up the wrong tree.  

Report Post Tip
Mind your f*cking business I’m not even talking to you. And if you don’t agree with my opinion that is your right. Just like it’s MY right to stand here and voice my opinion. You see I don’t mind speaking on behalf of all the other Forgotten like myself. The people that are busting their ass for their families. The people that are just looking for a chance instead of the same old people. How about giving some new people a chance? We are the ones busting our asses, who do you think are keeping these crews afloat? It’s the people like me and many others who are working hard to protect our families and I will NOT apologize for voicing my opinion on the matter
Report Post Tip

Mind your f*cking business I’m not even talking to you.

Let me ask you something LA:Flippy, how do you think it feels to bust your ass in the streets every day and not get ahead in this life? 

You were literally talking to Flippy, Cyrax. Are you crazy ? Also what is this "busting your ass" you're talking about? Youre a lowly gangster, dude, shut the fuck up LMFAO

Report Post Tip

I'm glad someone's speaking up, Cyrax! Us gangsters gotta stick together... We just don't get the appreciation we deserve anymore.

Report Post Tip
Yeah no sh*t I’m talking to Flippy. I’m trying to express my opinion. Now, does that mean Flippy isn’t entitled to his own opinion? No it does not. Does that mean that my opinion is equally valuable? Yes it does. Now, Gillian, I see that you are a Don. Much respect for that accomplishment. But does that make your opinion any more valuable than mine? No it does not. We all have the right to an opinion. Even you, even Flippy, and like it or not EVEN ME. Now, am I saying this to be disrespectful? No I am not. Am I simply trying to state an opinion about all the bullsh*t going on at this thing of ours? Yes I am. And also Gillian, are you saying that just because a person is a gangster then that person is not worthy of a chance? Yes that is what you said. But that’s not true. There are a lot of low ranked gangsters like myself out here working hard, putting in the work, and trying to be the best they can be for their families. Is it so wrong to think that these people deserve the same opportunities as everyone else? No it’s not.
Report Post Tip

Now, am I saying this to be disrespectful? No I am not.

Mind your f*cking business I’m not even talking to you.

Yes, you were disrespectful. Anyway, im easily bored, have fun with your nonsensical rambling and seek help.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Inactive Upper Shame Page
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL