Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 23:42:41
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >>> ]
The Inactive Upper Shame Page Started by: SashaGrey on Aug 31, '22 19:10

I have discovered a new upper that brings nothing but shame and should absolutely be removed: 

RHMGeorgette (Made Man)

RHM Game Activity: Average (20-30 Hours Per Week)

RHM Lounge Activity: Now (Last Seen: 1 minute ago)

Space-pole should be ashamed of himself  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I disagree. You bring a great service. You perform an important function. DEBUG

Report Post Tip
Crewleader: Space-pole (Consigliere)
CL Game Activity: Extremely Low (10-20 Hours Per Week)
CL Lounge Activity: Insanely Inactive (Last Seen: about 5 days ago)

I am deeply ashamed
Report Post Tip

Space-Pole stop it this about me and my suffering not you. I know I tagged you, but I am clearly the focus here, which is exactly how it should be. 

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I've been away that long, I tend to forget my place. You should be center of attention. Especially wearing a pirate hat
Report Post Tip
I just lost my HQ do I count 😭🔫
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Indifference

Can someone factually tell me WHY being a leader is desirable?  Yes, there are good people that you enjoy taking care of.  They're low maintenance and easygoing.  But - to get continually bitched about by people who can't/won't do it themselves?  Yeah - no.  

Notoriety - Many arrive on our shores and see a listing of the top 10s, all-time greats, or best eras. They want their name mentioned. Of course, reaching that level of fame takes more than just becoming a crew leader, but the journey often begins there.

Goals - Technically speaking, any point I make can be considered a goal, but some goals are only achievable by becoming a crew leader. Such as obtaining the rank of Godfather or, as a shorter-term goal, the boost on your gun.

Support - The existence of cliques is an open fact, and in situations where trust is important, nepotism will become evident. There's nothing wrong with supporting your friends, whether you're an underboss or filling a district; however, that desire should be supplementary. If that's your sole endgame, then you'll probably wind up on this page, putting in 0-10 hours, and there's no greater shame than that.

Opportunities - As a crew leader, you're met with a vast amount of opportunities. You can either shift things in a new direction or maintain the status quo. You have the chance to show everyone what you're capable of and, if you're not a mute, tell us your views/stance on things (seriously, don't leave us with just your crew details). And there's my personal favorite: networking and forming lasting friendships!

I could continue, but I thought I would focus on the common factors. As for the negative critics, there will always be people who don't agree with your way of doing things. I don't think that should discourage anyone from taking on a leadership role. Ignore them, engage with them on the forums, influence or reinforce their opinion of you through action.

Thanks for all of the feedback Barov - it's nice to see a different perspective brought forward with a well thought out answer.

Personally speaking, I certainly hold those that are willing to lead in high regard for the reason that it costs hundreds of millions of dollars and the hourly equivalent of a full time job, as well as the fact that you probably have to sacrifice (at least temporarily)  some of your personal friendships in this game for the greater good of what is going on in the game.   I guess for that reason it just isn't for me at this juncture.

I do think it's possible to get a good amount of satisfaction out of this game without being a crewleader.  I think that being part of a regime and contributing to a cause that's greater than your own is a very rewarding experience.  

We are digressing here.  This thread is still toxic.  The fact that my contributions to my family are judged solely on a page by someone who's never taken 4 seconds to know what I'm about just grinds.... my..... gears.

I have been successfully trolled :D

This is what happens when we validate the opinions of people who are lounge actors. We get a subhuman poster who cannot properly play the game telling others what should and should not be acceptable. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

squishy 

jen

Every single City head and there rhm is IA besides LV and LV. When you do some more looking you realize, all of the ones inactive are your buddies izzy :D . Players you favor, imagine that.  I am sure this is the fault of the rest of the player base. 

Report Post Tip

Oh no, people are inactive during the holiday season. It is a conspiracy and not at all exactly like last year when none of these people were in pow... oh shit. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $2,376,426 Tip

For many, their holidays have not actually started yet.

Report Post Tip

And some don't celebrate at all. Congratulations, you have truly bested me. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,020,004 Tip

Merry Christmas, ladies! 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I am just pointing out that your excuse for the masses doesn't work, Georgette. You would have been better off to say that people do not owe anyone a reason why they are absent.

But if being pointed out as not being active is such a big deal that you feel you need to make an excuse, well.. that's on you, not me. There was no besting or beating or whatever term you decide to play around with that makes you feel better.

As for me, I will acknowledge I am not active. Well not the most active. I dont feel bad for it. If my leader decides there is someone more fitting for the position, then they can remove me.

I am happy in my absences. And in the few moments I choose to check in and see how friends are doing.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I watch this thread because it is interesting and more importantly entertaining. And once again there is much success in entertaining me. And needless to say, others who have and do refrain from joining in. 

squishy 

jen

Every single City head and there rhm is IA besides LV and LV. When you do some more looking you realize, all of the ones inactive are your buddies izzy :D . Players you favor, imagine that.  I am sure this is the fault of the rest of the player base. 

Baldur you are way off base. I assure you anyone IA has absolutely nothing to do with Izzy. Besides, how would Izzy benefit from IA uppers? In addition, the current activity has been far worse. And why in hell would you include Jen? That makes no sense at all. 

Oh no, people are inactive during the holiday season. It is a conspiracy and not at all exactly like last year when none of these people were in pow... oh shit. 

Georgette, I must ask how in the hell can you speak with certainty that one's kin from last year is not in power this year? 

For many, their holidays have not actually started yet.

True. The fact remains this time of the year since I have been coming around is a bit less active. 

Fact, IA uppers are a bore. When they become a bore it nothing but pure selfishness and absolutely no regard or respect to the crew.  Every regime is an issue. Blah blah blah That is old as dirt. 

Folks there is an issue(s) far much deeper than this bitch fest going on. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $260,000 Tip

Inactive uppers are a symptom of a smaller player base coupled with 6 cities and districts.  The players would not tolerate GFCs with 0-10 hours for months if bold and squiggly lines were more prestigious (as they once were). Being in those positions is now, and has been for quite some time, watered-down due to the overabundance of opportunities. If the positions were more competitive (driven by scarcity), I guarantee you'd see regime changes much more frequently. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $716,969 Tip

In addition, the current activity has been far worse.

The difference being, it was this hypocritical regime that created this pathetic excuse for a thread…

I'm sorry but it's truly a shame those that join leadership don't quit their jobs, give their children up for adoption, sell everything they own to buy credits, and sacrifice their first born son to Izzy for favor of the gods. The level of commitment here has really gone to shit.

Report Post Tip

Nobody but Spiral thought this would be a good idea for a thread. Nobody.

If you want to complain, direct your complaints towards his inbox, Starborn.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Inactive Upper Shame Page
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL