Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 14:30:39
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [ > - >>> ]
Whatcha Watching? The Best Recent TV Shows Are. ? Started by: LuckyLucy on Sep 08, '17 12:13
I caught some old eps of Nathan For You again recently and they are still as good as ever. A brilliant show and you can see the influence Nathan brought to How To With John Wilson, another brilliant shown that he's produced over the last two years.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
"I've stopped watching TV, as you people call it, and watch TikTok instead. It's a video app, like a YouTube for shorter attention spans.

I've learned a lot."
Report Post Tip
I've been watching criminal minds lately. I think it's pretty good.

well it isn't new but i've just started going through the wire again.

absolutely amazing from the acting to the dialogue it is truly magificent

if you haven't, treat yourself, it's an all time classic

Report Post Tip
I’ve been watching the following on Netflix UK..

1. The Last Kingdom (Completed - bit long but good series)
2. Black Summer (awful - gave up after episode 2)
3. Sons of Anarchy for the 6th time xD
Report Post Tip

i've been watching the Bridgerton's. It is ok, not like great great since i read the books and they are way better because the details and funniest parts.

Report Post Tip

I recently watched 'Suburra La Serie' on Netflix, and as follow-ups in the same genre 'Gomorra - La Serie' and both were entertaining to me. It felt fairly believable and authentic, but maybe that's because of the italian production rather than a US company trying to portray the mafia.

Cool stuff.

Report Post Tip

My Top 3 Shows Right Now Are:

1) Sons of Anarchy: It follows the lives of a close-knit outlaw motorcycle club operating in Charming, a fictional town in California's Central Valley

2) Mayans MC: Mayans M.C. follows the life of Ezekiel “EZ” Reyes (JD Pardo), a member of the Mayans M.C. charter on the Cali/Mexi border. 

3) Schitt's Creek: the series follows the formerly wealthy Rose family's trials and tribulations. After their business manager embezzles the family business, Rose Video, the family loses its fortune and relocates to Schitt's Creek, a small town they once purchased as a joke. Now they live without wealth

I think the best show to come out in a real long time is Yellowstone. To me it's like the sopranos but with cowboys. The character arcs blended with the storyline is amazing.
Report Post Tip

I just finished both seasons of Black Summer on Netflix.  That is probably one of the better shows on the whole platform.  I think people were turned off by the fact its another zombie show of mostly unknown actors and probably went ignored, but it is fast-paced and the action sequences are very long and exciting and done in very few shots.  Very believable stunts by the actors who all seem to do their own stunts.  Better than Walking Dead which had very long stretches of boring episodes.

Report Post Tip

Don't have a suggestion to offer. Just came here to find something to watch as it seems that nothing really worthy is getting out recently. Too much browsing

Report Post Tip

Well:

1. Brooklyn Nine Nine

2. Lincoln Lawyer

3. Blacklist (finally coming to an end)

4. Bull 

5. The Rookie (great cop comedy)

Report Post Tip

Welp, due to my new found obsession with true crime we're now watching the HBO series about The Staircase. And when I say obsession I mean after we watched episode 5 last night, I went and bought another book on the fucking case because I WILL FIGURE OUT IF HE MURDERED HIS GOD DAMN WIFE. 

Report Post Tip

Theres this series im watching and its so fucking good, its Godfather of Harlem, based on the story of Bump Johnson and its set prior the events of american gangster. Yes, frank Lucas was his henchman in real life and took over control after bump johnson died. The series is perfect!

Report Post Tip

I dunno whats good or not on tv, but next binge planned is the obi wan series, i enjoyed the mandalorian, and the book of boba could of been better, so prepared at present for obi to be terrible.   I just though may as well watch the filler as it covers between films and how bad they do it

Report Post Tip

I'm rewatching, or will be trying to binge watch all episodes of Deadwood.
Valinor mentioned Hells on wheels and it reminded me of Deadwood. Pretty sure there was a third one that I had watched before but cant remember the name.

Report Post Tip

Just finished watching Slow Horses. UK spy series with Gary Oldman. It was pretty good. I could watch Gary Oldman in anything but he really makes this. 

I was surprised how brutal it was in places but there are some other good actors in it and the overarching story is strong. Would recommend. 

Report Post Tip

Yellow Jackets is brilliant. I won't spoil anything so I can't really say what it's about really, other than the trailers didn't really do it justice. It's HBO so you know you can trust it from a starting point but it's very good. Great cast too.

Report Post Tip

I watched the new season of Love Death + Robots recently and I think it was their best season so far. I view the series as a whole as an anthology celebrating many animators so I really enjoy it whether it gives me a deeply philosophical exercise about existence from a sentient pool cleaning bot, a David Fincher-directed joint about a shrewd navigator trying to outsmart both a giant crab-like sea monster and his mutinying crew, or a schlock-y action gorefest which doesn't take itself seriously. I think we should be way past comparing every anthology show out there to the original Twilight Zone or Black Mirror by now

Speaking of anthologies, Inside No. 9 usually delivers the most tightly-written stories I've seen in current day media and I believe it would be as popular or bigger than Black Mirror if BBC's shit wasn't gimping its opportunity to get more popular outside of Britain

And I will be watching the 2nd season of Russian Doll eventually and reporting back about whether it can surprise me as much as the first season did

Report Post Tip

I have been keeping up with most of the Marvel Phase Four series like Loki, Hawkeye, Wanda Vision, etc. Some of the movies when I get time, like the newest Spiderman and Dr. Strange 2.

As far as anime though I am current on One Piece, Demon Slayer, Shield Hero, My Hero Academia, Tokyo Revengers and countless more. Guess I turned into a weeb.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Whatcha Watching? The Best Recent TV Shows Are. ?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL