Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 12:00:58
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Whats your favorite Insirational Quote? Started by: Father_OMalley on Jan 15, '19 03:35
"We cannot solve problems with the kind of thinking we employed when we came up with them" - Albert Einstein
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

“[in the true mad north] of introspection, where 'falcons of the inner eye' dive and die, glimpsing in their dying fall, all life's memory of existence.” -  Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Here's one I like very much. I believe it's from Abraham Maslow:

"In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or back into safety".

Very inspirational to me.

It is nearly impossible to make time for our dreams, to break free from the traditional mould, and to truly be ourselves, if we have low self-esteem and self-confidence. 

Aurora McClellan, How to be More Confident

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $63,456 Tip

“I have tonight begun reading a stupid, shitty book by Kerouac called Big Sur, and I would give a ball to wake up tomorrow on some empty ridge with a herd of beatniks grazing in the clearing about 200 yards below the house. And then to squat with the big boomer and feel it on my shoulder with the smell of grease and powder and, later, a little blood.”

Hunter S Thompson

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
I'll drop this one here. Hope it can inspire some of you.

“Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus. “ Alexander Graham Bell
“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

I drink therefore I am  

It's [Deadpool 3] a wonderful opportunity for fish-out-of-water. Deadpool is a lunatic at the center of a movie. To drop a lunatic into a very sane world, it's straight butter. It's going to be really fun."

I cannot wait! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

A very wise man I have known for many years once said to me

'The greatest glory is not never failing, but rising if we ever fall'

I like this quote because we all have moments where we feel we have failed but we have to pick our selves up and shake it off.

I have a favourite quote, but is not quite inspirational.   Is one of Nietzche's though

you yourself will always be the worst enemy you can encounter"

I think it just tells a truth about ourselves, as how we screw things up for ourselves so often or can help ourselves with will power to higher heights

"The good news is that the moment you decide that what you know is more important than what you have been taught to believe, you will have shifted gears in your quest for abundance. Success comes from within, not from without."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Heading into Monday like...

Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. – Dalai Lama

“..giving power to negative thoughts or fears was bringing ideas to life in physical world,idea in mind became emotion in heart,emotion turned into words spoken,written,painted,strummed across guitar strings,or vibrantly held note by Tibetan singing bowl, thoughts affected physical world.”

Christina Westover

Something to get you through the day... 

Be like a duck, paddling and working hard in the water, but what everyone sees is a smiling, calm face.
– Manoj Arora

I consider two pieces of wisdom given to me by mentors over the years as the best advice I ever got. 

1) Know your value, and don't give your time to a job that doesn't value you equivilently.

2) sometimes, you just gotta say 'Fuck it' and move on. don't hesitate when the time comes.

Three reasons to be happy it's Thursday!

You only have this Thursday once
You make it through Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
Tomorrow is Friday

I wouldn't call it much of an "inspirational quote" per-say but its definitely one of my mantras I go by: "Shit happens." I pretty much live by that; I try to practice acceptance for anything that I do not have control over. It's been a big part of my life recently, and has helped a lot. Maybe its an over simplification, but it works for me!

Think, what would a chicken do? And do exactly the same. Life is much more simpler when you do it the Chicken way.

Greatest Quote ever, Keep your Stick on the ice kids directly followed up by IF woman don't find you attractive let them find you handy.... 

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Whats your favorite Insirational Quote?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL