Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 12:42:52
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Whats your favorite Insirational Quote? Started by: Father_OMalley on Jan 15, '19 03:35

Something to think about...

"The only person who can save you is you."

—Sheryl Crow

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Hrmp... Another quote that inspires...

"The goal is to live a full, productive life even with all that ambiguity. No matter what happens, whether the cancer never flares up again or whether you die, the important thing is that the days that you have had you will have lived." 

Gilda Radner

"Fear of what other people will think is the single most paralyzing dynamic in business and in life. The best moment of my life was the day I realized that I no longer give a damn what anybody thinks. That’s enormously liberating and freeing, and it’s the only way to live your life and do your business.

— Cindy Gallop

Very nearly a daily piece of advice I repeat to those around me: 

"Play stupid games; Win stupid prizes." 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Does it bother anyone else as much as it bothers me that this thread has a typo in the Title of it? No... just me? Damn :( 

“Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.”

Rocky 🤷

No tip for Zoom :p

Yes it bothers me, but there’s no edit function.

Nobody likes the guy that points out mistakes!

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

It's Movember! Here's a fun fact:

Scientific research, commissioned by the Guinness Brewing Company, found that the average mustachioed Guinness drinker traps a pint and a half of the creamy nectar every year. Now that Guinness is UK 2.10 a pint, this is the equivalent of an annual moustache tax of UK 4.58.

Your attitude, not your aptitude, determines your altitude. 

I guess the quote is similar to; 

Hardwork beats talent if talent doesn't work hard. 

Tie between two for me:

"Everyone wants to eat. Few will hunt." - not sure the original author

and

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes ... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. ... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things. ... They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Steve Jobs

Another Movember message...

”When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Well, only Japanese may understand it, but I'm like a goat or something that likes high places."

Tamae Watanabe

Favorite quote eh? Here it is!

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Marilyn Monroe

True to the T that one!

I felt this was a fitting quote for today...

“They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning. We will remember them.” – Laurence Binyon

Lest we forget.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Happy Monday!!! 

“When the week begins, try your best to let your best overcome your worst and that is the best. Do your best to have a good week and never be weak in the week.” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

"Wonderful things can happen when you sow seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes"
-Raylan Givens circa Justified

The biggest battle is the war against ignorance.

For the cat owners:

"As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the humankind."

- Cleveland Amory

Teddy Roosevelt: 

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Watching some TV I found my next new favorite quote.

"You can't spell families without lies"
-Four Christmas'-

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Whats your favorite Insirational Quote?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL