Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 20:20:45
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [ > - >>> ]
Does anyone here cook? What are your go-to dishes? Started by: KellyC on Oct 21, '19 00:41

I am a decent cook, but I really dislike spending too many hours in front of the oven. Very often I just cook to satisfy the hunger and that is why I avoid complicated dishes that take too long to cook and prepare that's why my main go to dish is fried rice with chicken, because I can leave the rice in the pot without paying attention to it and then at the end I just transfer it to the pan and makes it up with the chicken

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

BBQ guy, big on smoking meats (ha ha ha)

Wife doesn't eat meat so lately have been cheffin up lots of vegetarian, fish and vegan meals =)

Report Post Tip
I do cook, learnt it from living alone, for me it depends on my mood to cook tbh, sometimes I just cook everyday and some times I don't go to the kitchen for a long time :3
Most of what I cook are local food.
Report Post Tip
I’ve been making a lot of chicken and rice lately. Super boring I know but there are tons of variations! Did some basic grilled chicken tonight.

I’ll tell you I need some bbq recipes though!
Report Post Tip

I love to cook, I think it's the only thing I do which i never get tired of. I cook a lot of Filipino dishes. You name it and I bet I could cook it for you. It just sucks that I got to discover this hobby late. I should have gone to culinary.

Report Post Tip
I like my chicken alfredo quite a bit. Some other common dishes I do would be chuck roast, quesadillas, stuffed peppers...
I also enjoy baking, my pecan tarts and chocolate pie are to die for :D
Report Post Tip

Salt & Pepper chicken is a easy nice thing to eat. Butterfly the chicken, season, wrap in cling film, bash the fuck out of it with a mallet to make it nice & flat. Leave at room temp for 20 mins (This bit is important) then throw into a HOT frying pan. 4 mins a side for anything under 300g & you are good to go. Tasty juicy protein.&nbsp;

Report Post Tip

My favourite go to dish is tuna pasta with mayo, onions and sweetcorn. I could eat that all the time but would end up falling asleep after

Report Post Tip

I'm a bit of a foodie.  I wouldn't say I'm a pro but I do enjoy putting together a meal.  

The staple is grilled striploin steak with roasted/seasoned potatoes and fried mushrooms/onions in butter.  I do a mean omelette.  I do good homemade pizzas with a homemade beer crust.  I don't personally prefer pineapples but I do put them on the odd time to keep Mrs. Indifference happy.

I do a great stir fry with a home made sauce that I mix all the ingredients together myself.  I do a good lazy man's chicken noodle soup.  Lots of things I;m fairly capable of.

Report Post Tip

Fuck cooking. Hate it. I hate the prep and the cleaning that comes afterwards, which almost always takes more time to do than the enjoyment of the meal. Also, I have incredibly flat feet and they hurt after a while of just standing while cooking.

Report Post Tip

Does anyone have an Instapot? I have some basic things I cook with it but with working longer days I need some dinners that don’t require the stove or oven and can whip up within an hour. All recommendations are welcome. 

Report Post Tip
Sorry but anyone who says they are a foodie is just trying to start another dumb ass trend. For crap sakes we are all foodies ... if we weren't we would die.
People need to stop trying to get their 15 minutes of fame... the rest of us are not really interested.

But as for this thread...I think almost anything by the BBQ Pit Boys is fabulous
Report Post Tip

I enjoy making stroganoff for dinner.  I usually saute the onions first, then the ground beef, then mushrooms last.  I usually use egg noodles for the base, rather than rice, but rice works well in a pinch. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I cook a lot more since covid. Having a cast iron skillet is critical.
Steak, salmon, chicken, etc…. Just got a smoker and plan to put that to good use
Report Post Tip

I found this awesome recipe online that's like a copycat of a Cheesecake Factory dish. It's a chicken costoletta. It's amazing—but I'm just a sucker for lemon zest in just about anything, too, so others may not be as enamored. 

Report Post Tip
My go to plate is always a type of chicken it really doesn't matter what you do to it for it goes with almost anything. Lemon chicken is a frequent at my house.
Report Post Tip

Steak! I love steak and will eat it every day if I can. Peppercorn sauce all over it. nom nom. Okay thats it... steak for dinner tomorrow :D

Report Post Tip
Probably not politically correct, but we call them hobo dinners. Hamburger steak cooked in aluminum foil packets, smothered in cream of mushroom, and cooked with a medley of vegetables including potatoes and onions.
Report Post Tip
I'm actually a good cook, I prefer sweets, but I dabble with salt for a while. For me it's a hobby, my family are almost all good at cooking so I was practically influenced.
Thank you all for your attention, I recommend anyone who hasn't ventured into the kitchen to learn.
Report Post Tip

I’m all for meal prepping and freezer dinners. Send up them recipes please!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Does anyone here cook? What are your go-to dishes?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL