Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 06:38:17
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [ > - >>> ]
Book Recommendations Started by: Ennio_Morricone on Oct 12, '20 17:10

Read Five Families if you want to read the best book every made to describe the italian mob in America. Everyone is in it. all events important and small. You will have so much more knowledge after reading it, trust. Just fucking read it.

Report Post Tip
Anthem by Ayn Rand. One of my favorites I read when I was in school. Also The Basketball Diaries is a pretty good read, the movie a very good as well.
Report Post Tip
Further addition to this. Shogun by James Clavell.

Describes the West’s first introduction to Japan this is the first book of a four book series which then follows the family name all the way from the 1500/1600s to the 1960’s.

Really excellently written as provides an insight in to Eastern cultures
Report Post Tip

My favourite books are

The fifty shades trilogy

Christine feehan books

JR Ward books

There are many others I enjoy but I have to find them out

Report Post Tip

Classics :

Moby Dick

Adv. of Huck Finn & Tom Sawyer

Catch 22

HTKAMB

Report Post Tip

I've recently started reading the Rebus novels by Ian Rankin. I'm just about to finish the second one and so far they are fantastic, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the characters develop throughout the series. 

Report Post Tip

Maybe sphere by Michale criton 

Report Post Tip
Book-Hatchet

Summary-Boy is traveling on a private jet to see his father,since the davorce his father is living in Alaska.On the way the plane has some issues resulting in it crashing.The boy survive's but now he's stuck in the wilderness with nothing but a hatchet his mother gifted him before he left.
Report Post Tip
Well this one maybe a little left field. Any brewers out there I strongly recommend this book Historical Brewing Techniques: The Lost Art of Farmhouse Brewing By Lars Marius Garshol.

There is a lot to be learnt from the old ways. Some really interesting yeasts as well.
Report Post Tip

A book called Nudge, written by Richard Thaler. if you're into stock trading, especially swing trading, you should definitely read it. But the information in that book is applicable in every other aspect of life as well.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

One book I really enjoyed was the screw tape letters it was a book that I never thought I would read but one day somebody recommended it to me and I remember reading it multiple times I recommend it to everyone

Report Post Tip
I'm a bit particular when it comes to books. I'll only read one series and that's the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child.

I've read every one of them.

Refuse to watch Tom cruise play the role in those movies but the upcoming series looks like it might work.
If you have ever heard of a series called red wall, it’s a great series! Recommend it for a nerd!!!!
Report Post Tip

If anybody hasn't read it yet, Ice Hunt is a VERY good book.  Based on the idea that the russians and americans shared an arctic research lab during the cold war, and some folks from Alaska stumble on it accidently.

I recomend to read King Alcohol by Jack London

Report Post Tip

The wheel of time is my absolute favorite book series. In terms of humor Jenny Lawson & David Sedaris are my go to writers as their real life stories endlessly make me laugh.&nbsp;

Report Post Tip

for me best book ever and one i recommend to everyone is art of war..there is no better book other than that i would say anything from isaac asimov

Report Post Tip

The hunger games is a great series, I also really liked Maze Runner. The books were amazing, but the movies not so much. I feel like they left a lot of the important stuff out!

Report Post Tip

The Expanse series by James S.A. Corey are amazing. I've purchased all 8-9 audio books and watched the tv show maybe 2-3x over. They're a lot of difference but none that make me want to be upset. I'd suggest both if you like sci-fi/futuristic space genres. 

Report Post Tip
Big second for The Expanse. The first book especially was absolutely exceptional but each one of them has its own charm!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Book Recommendations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL