Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 09:09:15
Page: [ <<< - < ] … 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 … [ > - >>> ]
Book Recommendations Started by: Ennio_Morricone on Oct 12, '20 17:10

Ive heard of a lot of these books and think theyre great, but There was this series called "The Deathgate cycle" that I thought was so cool. Its a fantasy series, if you like those!

Report Post Tip

Paradise Lost and Dante's Inferno are probably two of my favourites from those times. When it comes to more contemporary literature, I really enjoyed Exhalation by Ted Chiang. I just finished it; it's a short story collection which focuses on different aspects of time and time travel. I loved how philosophical it got!

Report Post Tip

I brought a book called: House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, quite some time ago, after wanting it for about a decade. The book really is beautifully put together and the storyline is very intriguing. I have yet to sit down and get reading it. It's not a straightforward book to read, each page has like footnotes of additional things to get to grips to, to get more involved in the story. 

I have read so many reviews and in a group for it on FB where people literally have to study this book to come up with their own conclusion to why somethings as they're in it. As to why a house is bigger from the inside. It has an eerie vibe to it. 

Mark Z. Danielewski has a sister who is a musician, Poe. Her album called Haunted were all based on this book and that is how I learnt about it, many years ago! 

I know should I ever do get to read it. I will be lost for some time within the book. I need a holiday to a deserted island for a bit to do it!! 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
"The Dark Tower" is a series of eight books and two short stories written by American author Stephen King. Incorporating themes from multiple genres, including dark fantasy, science fantasy, horror, and Western, it describes a "gunslinger" and his quest toward a tower, the nature of which is both physical and metaphorical. The series, and its use of the Dark Tower, expands upon Stephen King's multiverse and in doing so, links together many of his other novels.
Report Post Tip

The Defector by Daniel Silva. A wonderful Spy thriller novel. It's a step above most novels I have read in the genre. Well developed characters and has great pacing throughout. Definitely word a read if you have any interest in the genre. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

My favorite book, strictly limiting myself to the classics, is War and Peace. It is daunting at first, but once you get into it, it is hard to put down. It isn't as much a hard read as it is a long one, but it will make you want to read it again. 

Report Post Tip
Yea i agree with Whirl. I love the Jack Teacher series but over the past few years they are starting to get a bit stale and tiref.
Report Post Tip

Just read the classic "One Flew Over the Cuckcoo's Nest" for about the 20th time. Never a bad read.

Report Post Tip

Literally anything by Harry Turtledove if you enjoy Alternate Histories. Brandon Sanderson's The Wheel of Time is also a very good fantasy series if you're into that sort of thing.

Report Post Tip

I am back to reading the Jack Reacher series of books by Lee Child 

The movies were shit I mean Jack Reacher is supposed to be 6foot plus and a big stocky chap and is played by Tom I am really short and skinny Cruise fucking ruined it for me 

Report Post Tip

I like books that many people consider dumb, adults are not the main audiences, but I think adults can still really enjoy the following, The Mistborn sieres, The Stormlight Archive series, and just books by Author Brandon Sanderson in general.... fantasy and war

Report Post Tip

The Best Fantasy Series by far is The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. 

Report Post Tip

I tried to read the witcher series but tbh it was no where near as good as the video games or the netflix series was.. They were a pretty big disappointment!

Report Post Tip

The Fall by Albert Camus is a book I can definitely recommend. The way the book is written is intriguing, as it is basically a 110-page monologue - sounds boring, but somehow Camus kept me interested. The symbolism of using Amsterdam as a setting, whose canal structure is likened to Dante's inferno by the narrator, perfectly sets up the themes of the novel, mainly the movement known as existentialism.

Report Post Tip
Currently 50 pages into "the biker who shot me" written by a crime journalist. So far so good
Report Post Tip

If you're a fan of the "Mindhunter" TV show, I really recommend the books written by John Douglas, who is the former FBI Special Agent and expert in Criminal Profiling and Behavioural Science that inspired the show. He's responsible for creating the FBI's Criminal Profiling Program in the 70's and also is credited to be the inspiration behind Thomas Harris' creation of Special Agent Jack Crawford.

Report Post Tip

The books series and authors I love to read are:

JR Ward- the black dagger hood series.

Christine Feehan - the dark series and the other series by the same lady

Report Post Tip

Just finished The Law of Innocence by Michael Connolly. It's about a defence attorney who gets framed for murder and decides to defend himself. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Will be giving the other novels in the series a look.

Report Post Tip

My sons older now but anyone with younger ones.. I really do recommend The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo Child. Such a joy to read them to children and fun too! 

Really lovely books!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I read a bunch of different books. Some of my favorite writers are Beverly Lewis, I have read I do believe everything she has ever wrote. She writes about the Amish. They are very inspirational.    

I have read The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan, absolutely wonderful. The Dragon Lance Series.  The Harry Potter Series.  The Mortal Instrument Series.  The Hunger Games Series. The Selection Series.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Book Recommendations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL