Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 17:20:06
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Book Recommendations Started by: Ennio_Morricone on Oct 12, '20 17:10

I'm currently reading Midwife of Auschwitz and oh my god it is so fucking good. Its an interesting change from the usual holocaust stories, as this one covers not only the perspective of the the Jewish protagonist, but also the Polish protagonist who watches the ghetto being built, how it effected her and her family etc. 

I'm about a fourth of the way done and can not wait for my flight tomorrow to finish it! 

Report Post Tip
I highly recommend reading Jocko Willinks, discipline equals freedom. It’s amazing and gets you motivated. Another great book is no easy day, great book about seals and how to navigate life efficiently.
Report Post Tip
2 words! Harry Potter! No point denying it, just crack open the books and get going!

But one of my favourite books is red alert. It’s about a man named bill browder that went to Russia during the break up of the Soviet Union and made billions of pounds trading their companies that went public.

I’ve read it a few times and always has me hooked

Kr
Dmitry
Report Post Tip

I'm close to finishing The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914, a very digestible and well-written book outlining and discussing the systems, events, personalities and decisions that made the outbreak of the Great War possible. Would definitely recommend to those interest in that era (and also if not, really).

Report Post Tip

I was going to say The Measure by Nikki Erlick. I just bought the book Sunday and was very excited to read it yesterday. About 30% through, I put it down. The premise is great food for thought, about if you knew how long you had to live; millions of people, all over the world, receive a little box containing a measure of how long they have to live. 

I was getting into it but so many characters and such is making it difficult to press on. Hoping it gets better because the majority of people really love this book.

Report Post Tip

i'm reading The Shadow and Bone serie. I'm very happy about the books because I watched the first season of this serie and it's very alike. I just ended the first book and started the second one. I recommend to read this serie because the story is good and surprise us with the details.

Report Post Tip
Guns Germs and Steel is the best book I've ever read. It is very enlightening! It explains how geographical advantages determined how history unfolded! Highly recommended!
Report Post Tip

I think one of the books that everyone who is interested in management and leadership (no matter the field) should read is the Biography of Sir Alex Ferguson, he is explaining what he did, how, decisions, processes, vision and such. Really good read and it pushes so many strong ideas that if you use any of them in your real life, you can benefit. The dude is a managing legend, they invite him to do speeches all over the world, just to talk about management and leadership, not even soccer.

Report Post Tip

Any J D Robb, her In Death series of books are AMAZING, they grab you from the first few pages and you will not be able to put them down. You will laugh out loud, cry, get angry every emotion possible. Cannot recommend them highly enough..

Report Post Tip
Unfortunately i dont há é book recomendations to the community :( this is depressing i know, read about 3 or 4 books all my life... shamefull.
Report Post Tip

The book thief is excellent and one of the few times that the film of it too matched up to the quality and detail and emotion of the book. Recommend!

Report Post Tip

Thank you guys for the recommendations.

I would like to recommend one as well, of course, and since I'm assuming we are all mafia freaks, for you who didn't read The Sicilian, go look for it right now. I found it a very enjoyable read.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Book Recommendations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL