Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 20:33:12
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [ > - >>> ]
Book Recommendations Started by: Ennio_Morricone on Oct 12, '20 17:10

The Man who was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton is one of my favorite books. It had me laughing at the sometimes subtle and sometimes blunt humor. He has a very clever wit and there are also some pretty great twists throughout the whole story. It's a short and sweet book too. If you do decide to pick it up, do realize that it's going to be a wild ride. 

Report Post Tip

Republic - Plato

1984 - George Orwell

Super nature - Lyall Watson

Even cowgirls get the blues - Tom Robbins

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley

Millennium: Winners And Losers In The Coming World Order - Jacques Attali

The Next Million Years - Charles Galton Darwin

A Separate Reality - Carlos Castaneda

Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance - Robert M. Pirsig

Creative Dreaming - Dr Patricia L. Garfield

Report Post Tip

I would suggest The dragonriders of pern series by Anne mccaffrey one of the best series i ever read.

Report Post Tip
Any biography of Benjamin Franklin or the autobiography.
Report Post Tip

I'm into real estate investing so I enjoy the BRRRR book, real estate investing with little or no money down, all of Brandon Turners books about real estate investing etc. etc

Report Post Tip
I recommend “A Man Called Ove” by Fredrik Backman. It's a universal story where we can all understand because everyone has a little bit of an Ove.
Report Post Tip

Mushashi The Art of War by Eiji Yoshikawa. Awesome read! Across a Land of Great Beauty, in an age of Heroism a Lone Swordsman Challenges Japan's Greatest Fighters!!!

Report Post Tip

Currently I'm re-reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett....read it years ago, but managed to pick the other two books in the trilogy up cheap for Kindle, so I figured I'd go again.

While I'm driving, i'm listening to Matthew McConaughey's autobiography, Greenlights.  Very interesting!

Report Post Tip

Books! o.o MY FAVORITE TOPIC.

Depends on the genre I am wanting to read, but some of my favorites all include fantasy type books. ACOTAR, TOG, Six of Crows etc. Sarah J Maas is one of my FAVORITE authors. Although on the flip side of the coin, I read alot of Manga :D and books on wattpad they are not so well written. :| Just depends on my mood I guess.

Report Post Tip
The best books to read are Alex cross books by James Patterson . Them books are lit . The buildup and story telling in that shit is A1 best Series I’ve ever read in my life
Report Post Tip

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

The novel chronicles an era that Fitzgerald himself dubbed the "Jazz Age". Following the shock and chaos of World War I, American society enjoyed unprecedented levels of prosperity during the "roaring" 1920s as the economy soared. At the same time, Prohibition, the ban on the sale and manufacture of alcohol as mandated by the Eighteenth Amendment, made millionaires out of bootleggers and led to an increase in organized crime, for example the Jewish mafia. Although Fitzgerald, like Nick Carraway in his novel, idolized the riches and glamor of the age, he was uncomfortable with the unrestrained materialism and the lack of morality that went with it, a kind of decadence.

The Godfather by Mario Puzo

The Godfather is a crime novel written by American author Mario Puzo, originally published in 1969 by G. P. Putnam's Sons. It details the story of a fictitious Sicilian Mafia family based in New York City (and Long Beach, NY) and headed by Don Vito Corleone, who became synonymous with the Italian Mafia. The novel covers the years 1945 to 1955, and also provides the back story of Vito Corleone from early childhood to adulthood.

Credits given

Report Post Tip

I recently re-read Good Omens, before watching it again on Prime and can say yet again as it is quite the excellent book. Gaiman is one of my favorite writers and the him and Prattchet did some pretty damn fine writing together. 

Report Post Tip

Lockdown made me start reading the Game of Thrones books. I only saw the series, and had nothing much to do in the lockdown, so ordered the books to read. They sure are interesting to read.

Report Post Tip

i started Game of thrones aswell but stopped in the middle, really should to end the serie. 

Right now i'm reading the serie Plantagenet and Tudor - Philippa Gregory.

Report Post Tip

Best book of all times is art of war by sun tzu, besides that george orwel or isaak asimov both have really good books definately worth reading. Assuming that standard classics like dostoevsky are read 

Report Post Tip

American Gods by neil gaiman is a gtreat read i just read it and recomend it to others.

Report Post Tip

I just finished A Perfect Spy by John Le Carre and it was very, very good, maybe his best or at least on par with his greats

Report Post Tip
I just started a book called The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. It's a part of the Stormlight Archive series. 4 books out so far with 10 planned.

Sanderson has also done a series called Mistborn.
Report Post Tip

If you're a masochist you should definitely read House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski. Do yourself a favor though, and get the hardcover. Some of his style, and some of the layout just doesn't do well with paperback. It's one of the more unique books, in that it cannot be made into a digital edition.

Report Post Tip

A group of friend just started a classics reading group. We decided it had been so long since we read them, we would read or reread a lot of the old classics to see if our opinions and perceptions of them have changed. We created a list that includes multiple genres, nationalities, etc. We started with the Swiss Family Robinson. I think this will be interesting to say the least. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Book Recommendations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL