Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 00:21:37
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [ > - >>> ]
Book Recommendations Started by: Ennio_Morricone on Oct 12, '20 17:10
My favourite book genre is horror, I have pretty much read many of the Stephen king novels and will highly recommend any book he has wrtten or co written. He is a fantastic writer
Report Post Tip

Tom Clancy series are great reads if you are interested in a bit of action, a bit of intrigue, and lots of real life information to make the thing feel 'real'. Patriot Games and The Sum of All Fears are great reads. Both has horrid movies made based on them. But the books are great. 

Report Post Tip

I'd definitely recommend The Cradle series. It's a fantasy books series in a world of martial arts, where you can attain godlike levels of power from the right training and techniques. It follows the main character from when he's a total weakling. 

Report Post Tip

Added to my list of must reads this year is a booked titled  The End of Policing written by Alex S Vitale.  If this book might interest you I suggest getting the most recent one as it has reference to the new drive to question the exemption of police forces  accountability of actions.

"The problem is not police training, police diversity, or police methods. The problem is policing itself." Quote from the cover of the book.

An author named Brit Bennett says about the book " Not only presents problems with policing but suggests alternatives that I had not previously considered." 

Report Post Tip
Well there are lots of books out there that is really good for a read i like the book written by pauko coehlo and lhalil gibran.

The alchemist
The prophet
80 days around the world
Flight of the eagles
Report Post Tip

I love David Baldacci novels all those about special forces agents. FBI and corrupt Government and president stories. all start slow but build up to exciting and sometimes unexpected finishes. he has been NY times top seller for dozens of books

Report Post Tip

I'd strongly recommend reading Death of Yugoslavia by Allan Little and Laura Silber, an excellent look into the disintegration of the Yugoslav federation, and the events, developments and trends that set it in motion.. Despite this, it is an endlessly interesting book that provides a comprehensive chronological overview of the events and crises as they developed. There's also an exquisite BBC documentary of the same name, with a plethora of interviews with the principal actors involved (the book equally gives them due attention — in fact, there's such an overwhelming amount of them that they've, thankfully, included a list that you can consult).

Bear in mind that it was published in 1995, before the eventual end of the Yugoslav Wars, and thus the book ends before the actual conclusion of this tragic episode. So if you want the 'full' picture you might want to look elsewhere. Be sure to give it a read and/or watch someday.

Report Post Tip

you seem to know the genre you like but if you ever get a chance, read anything by Charles Bukowski

it'll change your life, he's an utter prick but a great writer.

I still don't think Dickens has ever been bettered but some of the american classics hold up

Report Post Tip
Has anyone ever read Systematic Immolation of Thought?
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I have been reading The Obsidian Path series by Michael R. Fletcher and have really enjoyed it. It is quite off the wall, but if you like the 'grimdark' genre, then you'll probably like it.

Report Post Tip

I like dystopian fiction, mystery fiction and stuff that borders on the philosophical. I like classics too. Anybody got a recommendation that fits into one of those categories?

My general recommendation: The Brothers Karamazov. If you like varied main/side-characters (some a bit less hinged than others) bound in a dramatic/mysterious plot involving an exploration of morality with a tinge of mystery then this is the one for you.

Jaws you got me pretty bad there.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

i am currently reading a trilogy  The age of madness by Joe Abercrombie  2 so far very good takes a little bit to get used to all of the caricatures but worth the effort once you get into book 2. 

Report Post Tip

If you are truly into the mafia you should read Five Families, it basically runs down every important aspect, and mobster to ever be in the Five Families of NY. It's like the best book I have ever read when it comes to mafia history 

Report Post Tip
A Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is a really good book it's just a bit confusing at times because of its strange story and characters
Report Post Tip

Don't know if it's been talked about before, but the Grishaverse is an amazing series. It's a fantasy adventure novel Great worldbuilding with realistic traits (how a country that's been at war for decades would treat its people, for example), complex main characters, cool secondary characters, inspiring magic system and just all around fun to dive into. It has its flaws, of course, and my favorite part of the whole thing is how aware the author is. She recognizes her issues with diversity in her first book and works to correct it in a way that doesn't feel forced - and it shows even more in the Netflix series, where she had the chance to correct some of her mistakes from episode 1. I'm a huge fan, and I'm always up to geek out about it if anyone wants to chat. :D

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

the book dune is the best book iv seen like see all moves to them and here all the books other than that i dont read 

Report Post Tip

I have the autobiographies of famous athletes read aloud to me while I work out.

Report Post Tip
I have found this to be a good way go keep in shape and also not to engage in too much goober-like behaviour, while still acquiring the wisdom of others.

Working quite well so far.
Report Post Tip

Anything by David Baldacci.

Hes an amazing writer has a good series of books. once you get past the first 3 chapters of intro and build up you cannot put the book down! he has 15 New York Times best sellers at least if not more.

Report Post Tip
Stalingrad by Anthony Beevor. We can't take it seriously as history, because it ignores America's central role in winning WW2 (for the allies), but it is nonetheless a good read.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Book Recommendations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL