Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 00:07:25
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Book Recommendations Started by: Ennio_Morricone on Oct 12, '20 17:10
I really enjoy reading I Am Legend. It's short which is good if you don't have a lot of time to read and it's well written.
Report Post Tip

I recommend reading The Prince by Machiavelli. Many MR players sometimes find this useful in their dealings. 

Report Post Tip
Steven R Donaldson

The Thomas Covent series is old but a good read.

Gaints and all sorts of things are in store for the reader.
Report Post Tip

I haven't read the book, but I saw the mini series based upon the book 11.20.63 by Stephen King. I would recommend the book as I've been told it was better than the series by a few people.

Report Post Tip

I started this book series by Micheal Scott. The first book is called The Alchemyst and it's based on the story of this guy named Nicholas Flamel, who is an alchemist. He's also an immortal human from the 1300's and he was put to the task of protecting a spell book, which he found the recipe for immortality in.

Report Post Tip

I love to read about the Vampires

Heather Graham have a good about them.  Reading the one "When Darkness Falls"

The Alliance Vampires... if you like stories about them this is a good series to read

Report Post Tip

For fantasy I would recomment :

-Raymond E. Feist
-George R. Martin 

for detectives I would recomment: 

- Jussi Adler-Olsen
- M.J. Arlidge

Report Post Tip

Shogun, one of the bests I've ever read. Seriously. Feudal Japan, samurais, interesting characters, complex plots. 

I need to buy a new one so I can read it again.

Report Post Tip
I would recomend The First Law series to anyone who likes grim dark & ocasionally hilarious fantasy. Some brilliant characters & excellent arcs.
Report Post Tip

Have yall actually read the Harry Potter books they are amazing. Much better than the movies.

Report Post Tip

I would recommend 'Red Dragon' by Thomas Harris! it's the first book in the Hannibal Lecter series but its a really good read! It was also turned into a movie twice once as 'Manhunter' which was meh and again as 'Red Dragon' with Ed Norton and Anthony Hopkins! 

Report Post Tip

I was just recommending The Trial by Franz Kafka to someone. Kind of a trip, not gonna lie. The word absurdism comes to mind, but in a critical commentary of the justice system, in this historical (but applicable to any period) setting. 

Report Post Tip

My favorite series growing up and even now as an adult is the Sword Dancer Saga by Jennifer Roberson. Awesome book told from from the perspective of a raunchy sword for hire with a conscious. It's funny, its loving, its great. Give it a shot!

Report Post Tip

The documentary book of Steve Jobs. Man, it's like very well written and I really enjoyed it. 

Report Post Tip

Just finished reading Autocad tutorial. Pain in the a** to get trough but it did help me create better mechanical drawings.

Report Post Tip
I really enjoyed The Great Zoo of China. Its basically Jurassic Park but with dragons.
Report Post Tip

If you're looking for some interesting read which is  not literature, you should consider "How we learn" by Stanislas Dehaene. He's a neuroscientist who dives into the processes of how we learn and many of his findings contradict the traditional teaching approach we have in place. I really recommend it.

Report Post Tip
Under the dome was a really great book, I read it while I was on jail.. only time I think I've read lol. It's got a tv series too
Report Post Tip

I read all of the witcher books which were better than I expected. Writer uses a lot of sword play language though that you should look up to fully understand. 

Report Post Tip
Alone In Berlin by Hans Fallada. It was turned into a movie though I’ve never seen it. Heavy reading but definitely a must read.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Book Recommendations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL