Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 08:47:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Book Recommendations Started by: Ennio_Morricone on Oct 12, '20 17:10

I wholeheartedly recommend anything by Michael Connelly, his books are amazing. He is the Author behind The Lincoln Lawyer staring Matthew McConnaghey, Bosch on Amazon Prime starring Titus Welliver and Bloodworks starring Clint Eastwood, although the later is not a fair representation of the book.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

My favourite book of all time is probably Magician by Raymond E Feist I have accumulated four copies and have left them in relatives houses that I visit often  so I always have a great book to read it weighs in at over eight hundred pages though so prepare for a good read 

To be fair the whole Riftwar saga is great and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone 

Report Post Tip

I havn't read in a few years now an actual book that is. I will say though Harry potter series was really good as well as the Eragon series. Dragons are just cool as hell. Those are really the only series of book i have read in a long time.

Report Post Tip

Just finished Exhalation by Ted Chiang. I'd highly recommend it!

Report Post Tip
I think one of my most favourite books is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. Any of her poetry is also amazing, such quotable pieces. So sad that she couldn’t really connect with the world.
Report Post Tip

I know this is outside of the originally posted genre, but I'd recommend any Carl Sagan books. Most notably "The Demon Haunted World".

Report Post Tip
I was curious about Lord of the Rings saga, long creative into the fantastic world of Tolkien but then again its fantasy.
Can anyone let me know about the Godfather triology? Is 8tnlike the movies?
Never read it but as stated previously I ve read Mario Puzzo s before not the Godfather though as weird as it may sound...
Report Post Tip

There's this book I've been reading lately. It's called Soviet Spy in english i believe, however the title is different in my language so I'm not sure.

It's pretty good and describes WW2 events from the prespective of a spy.

Believe it should be this Yuri Dold-Mikhailik - Soviet spy

Report Post Tip
I’m a big non fiction guy. I enjoy autobiographies and sociology books. I’d recommend anything by Malcom Gladwell - The Tipping Point, Blink, David and Goliath etc.

As far as autobiographies go - I enjoy the rock star ones - The Dirt, Scar Tissue, Ozzy’s first book. There have been some good sports ones too - Reggie Miller’s comes to mind, John Scott’s was good.

I love those J.K.Rowling books a lot. They're damn fat ones but they're good aswell. Very well written.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm, my last book recommendation wasn't enough to pass the outside hustle points! So... as well as The Great Wall of China I also loved the Isis Covenant by James Douglas (I think?).

Not gonna lie, Me Before You was a page turner too!

Report Post Tip

I have to recommend 1984. I know everyone has probably read it at one point but it is so appropriate for our current time. It falls into all categories that you mentioned. And it also may make you lode faith in humanity, which is a pretty good thing!

Report Post Tip

Stay Safe: Taking Control of Your Own Personal Safety in a Violent World

This book, Stay safe, will empower you, increase your awareness, and sharpen your decision making process, aid your understanding of violence, and enable you to respond quickly and effectively when facing potentially dangerous situations.

Whether you or a family member are leaving home to go to university, travelling, living alone, working alone, working late, or if you are not as young and fit as you used to be, you will have particular and inevitable concerns about personal safety.

Stay safe is particularly relevant for people who deal directly with the public in a variety of situations, who work alone or in isolation and who may have to travel alone in the course of their work. It focuses on the personal safety of the individual who may encounter confrontation, anger, violence or other "difficult situations". Now, more than ever, people around the World are aware of threats to their personal safety and are searching for ways to protect themselves and their loved ones.

You will learn to deal with angry people using the listening skills in the HEART system and avoid escalating confrontations. You will learn to use these time tested techniques when confronted by angry people in your working life and your personal and family life and experience a difference in the level of conflict.

You can stay safe and keep your family and loved ones safe by understanding and applying the personal safety concepts explained in this book. Stay safe will keep you safe from the predator that plans to attack the isolated, weak and most vulnerable. It will help you to develop policies – principles to guide your actions, in your work and personal life that will help you to avoid potentially dangerous situations.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stay-Safe-Control-Personal-Violent-ebook/dp/B00CFPYB3U

Report Post Tip

I also enjoyed The art of war I found it to be a very good book it is especially good when trying to deal with your own feelings in life it has many great stories and advice

Report Post Tip

If I had to recommend another book then I would recommend a book called the tattooist of Auschwitz its a very harrowing read but I did find it impossible to put down so I read it in one sitting I believe there is more in the series that I have not got around to reading yet 

And if that's a bit too much then Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen confidential is a great read and a very insightful look at the hospitality trade from the back of house perspective   

Report Post Tip
Personally i like books wrighten by Desmond Bagley.
He wroth 14 books or so that is thrillers.
The books i read from him was so good that i was almost not able too put them down before i was finish reading them.
Report Post Tip

I used to be an avid reader, reading a novel a day. Unfortunately adulting (and MR) gets in the way. When I find time to read, I enjoy anything by Nora Roberts. She has many trilogies. My favourite is the Sign of Seven trilogy.

Report Post Tip

Battle Royale-Koushun Takami

Dark Tower- Stephen King

Paradox Bound- Peter Clines

Report Post Tip

There is a series of spy books available on Kindle by John Locke that are bit short but a good read none the less - the Donovan Creed series.

Report Post Tip

I think with how crazy the world is getting in 2020, I would absolutely recommend any books on primitive survival / botany. 

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Book Recommendations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL