Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 16:29:44
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >>> ]
Book Recommendations Started by: Ennio_Morricone on Oct 12, '20 17:10

The Castle of Ontranto by Horace Walpole. Arguably, it's described as the first ever "gothic novel". I like it, it's a great read :)

Report Post Tip
Well it all depends what each person likes. one book that i recommend to everyone is art of war sun tzu, military kind of book but a bit modified logic can apply to almost anything. besides that i would say anything from isaac asimov, i personally like i robot. after that i dont know maybe thousand splendid suns or anything from orwell is good
Report Post Tip

Guide to Starting and Running a Business from The Young Entrepreneur.

Don't know if it's any help when i want to start my future business but hey you can always try to get some tips out of it :)

Report Post Tip

Not often I read books but can say the 'Horrible History/Science/Geography' book series that my sons are into, are rather good!

I wish they were about when I was their age. I may have had more interest! They tell it in a way to keep people engaged on the topic at hand. So I recommend them for those of you with kids of around say 8 to 12 years of age! Even I find myself glued to them! :$

Report Post Tip

John Scalzi's Old Man War was good. Sci-Fi.

Report Post Tip

I don't read too many books these day. I prefer to get lost in Buzzfeed. I can spend hours on that. It's very entertaining and I don't have to commit to too much time if I don't want to.

Report Post Tip

My personal favorite genre is crime. Some of my favorite series are Godfather, Hotel Scarface, Smugglers of the West.

My second favorite is War books. Books on army operations like Operation Husky, Blackhawk down, Black Ops etc. 

They draw you in and let you experience what the actual army did during the operations. There emotions, thoughts etc. 

With crime, it allows you to understand the mind of criminal just a little bit more than before. 

Report Post Tip

If you haven't read T.A. Barron's Merlin series you definitely should. Especially if you're into those type of fantasy books, I loved them.

Report Post Tip

Twelve Rules to Life by Jordan Peterson is a good read, rather easy to comprehend and you can learn a lot from it, soak it in

Report Post Tip

I am recommending this for many reasons, not because I'm bias (somewhat, at the very least, you'll enjoy it...maybe, who knows?) Highschool DxD, Light Novel....it's a book...per se :D

Report Post Tip

the romance of the three kingdoms, whilst a literal chinese to english translation it is very interesting

Report Post Tip

Having been watching The Wire I ended up reading The Corner. I could totally see where all the stories and characters come from. Didn’t realise one of the people from the book ended up as a character in the show. 

Report Post Tip

If you're into dystopias, brave new world is an amazing read. While it was written so long ago, it still manages to remain relevant today. As an added bonus, Atwood's foreword is the best I've ever read.

Report Post Tip

Godfather I

Its a great start to the trilogy and overall a good book which involved action, is set in the 20th century and is about the mafia

If you want this game in a book, Its a good read

Report Post Tip

Long Bright River by Liz Moore. Its a great mystery thriller. Best I've read in ages!

Report Post Tip
@Jen I remember getting those books as a gift when I finished primary school - think I got 3/4?

Anyway I’ve been reading Terry Goodkind and his never end sword of truth series.

It’s a fairly poor read, but also a very easy read and I have no time for thinking when reading... makes my 40 minute underground journey go quickly enough :)
Report Post Tip

I would highly recommend I, Claudius by Robert Graves, in fact, my brother Claudius is the main character!

Report Post Tip

While I generally do not read too many books I would advise everyone to read a first aid manual. Those are very useful and you simply never know when you need it.

Report Post Tip

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It's a good romance. It's a christian novel but its still good. 

Report Post Tip

for this month i would recommend 

world war z

dracula

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Book Recommendations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL