Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 19:59:02
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
Book Recommendations Started by: Ennio_Morricone on Oct 12, '20 17:10

I use really enjoy Louis Lmaour.

Report Post Tip
If you liked game of thrones books. The sword of truth series by Terry goodkind and the storm light archives by Brian anderson are really good.
Report Post Tip

I personally enjoy Steven King's book. I would probably recommend The Dark Tower Series outside of the usually IT or The Stand.

Report Post Tip
Have you checked out Jules Verne? I highly recommend Twenty Thousand Leagues.
Report Post Tip
I recommend the roma sub rosa series. Giordianus the finder is a great character. Basically his adventures as a private investigator in ancient Rome.
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I would recommend The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel. Best mystery I've read in a long time!

Report Post Tip

Most of the books Rick Riordan puts out makes little Caifan happy. If you want some nice tales read Azul by Ruben Darío. It's a compilation of tales and poems, hopefully, they hold up well in English.

Report Post Tip

I would recommend checking out What are the odds.  A book about the life of Mike Lindell,  the My Pillow guy.  From his life as a crack head to CEO of a multi million dollar company.  

Report Post Tip
I have always been partial to Stephen King so I’ll pretty much read anything from him and JRR Tolkien as well. Those are my two favorite authors.
Report Post Tip

It's October so I will always recommend people picking up a copy of The October Country by Ray Bradbury.  It's full of some of his scariest short stories and really helps set the mood for the month!   I especially enjoy the Day fo the Dead story about a photographer who takes his wife to Mexico for the Mexican holiday of the dead.  

Report Post Tip

I love, and have loved the book: Magical Kingdom for Sale - Sold by Terry Brooks. I've read it, and the series that it begins, many times since I was a young child. It's such an amazing fantasy novel. Lots of great plot arcs, amazing character developments, and just overall a very fun read. Ten out of ten would recommend. 

Report Post Tip

A good trilogy series I enjoyed reading a while ago was the Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi. Its a well written story about Indian mythology and it was interesting enough that I finished the whole thing in a few days. Didn't find any dull moment and I would recommend it if you are into action and adventure genre.

Report Post Tip

i read all day long for work, so i don't read much for leisure.  However, i watch Walking Dead and all of the other zombie /vampire /apocalypse series', so the book "The Knowledge" by Lewis Dartnell links into that and is quite interesting.  it is a handbook of key knowledge you would need to rebuild society to a pre-industrial level, following a breakdown in our society.

Report Post Tip

I can recommend The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Its a thriller written by Stieg Larsson. 

Really could not stop reading.

Report Post Tip

All of Agatha's Christie as well.

They keep me interested for some reason.

Report Post Tip

If you're interested in Thriller I recommend the Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva. It's a lengthy series but a well written one. 

Report Post Tip
“The Easy Way to Quit Smoking” by Allen Carr.
Pretty boring as far as books go, but definitely gets at least partial credit for helping me quit smoking after more than 30 years a smoker. This Friday coming will be 2 years smoke free.
100% recommended if you need some help quitting.
Report Post Tip

My brother recommended a book that he said was like the real Sopranos.
The book is called Vita da clan by Amedeo Cottino.

The author, Amadeo Cottino, is a Professor of Sociology of Law at the Department of Social Sciences at the University of Turin.

For two years, he met Antonio Saia aka "Nino" in the prison where Nino talked about his criminal life in The Sicilian Mafia, how he became who he became, but also about how a life that is in the vicinity of death can be combined with relatively ordinary family life.
A world where money and violence, punishment and punishment, honour and justice, Family and your family are given new meaning.

Report Post Tip

The absolute best series I have ever read is the Sword of Truth series, by Terry Goodkind. Unfortunately this epic series has ended, as the author has passed away. I'm not usually one for fantasy but I got hooked from the first book. 

Report Post Tip

I really need to get back to my books - completely neglected them for the last year or so. I am more into crime investigation, so books like Tom Thorne (Mark Billingham) and Ben Hope (Scott Mariani) are amongst my favourite. Jack Reacher (Lee Child) is another series that I enjoy, albeit less and less nowadays.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Book Recommendations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL