Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 22:30:48
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
What did you play (video games) as a kid? Started by: Arthur on Oct 27, '20 00:09

Oh man, a little bit of everything. My Dad had an NES when I was a kid we used to have fun on, Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, Ice Hockey etc. But it wasn't until the SNES and Sega Genesis generation until I really got hooked. Streets of Rage, Sonic, Mortal Kombat we had a bunch of games for Sega. 

But I remember waking up one Easter morning and my Easter basket was on the bed with me with a bunch of candy, my big chocolate bunny etc. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and downstairs I'm hearing something familiar but I can't place it. I go downstairs and my Dad had the SNES already hooked up and the title screen for Super Mario World was on the tv, I just remember being so excited and it was so unexpected because stuff like that was always done on birthdays or Christmas but we got a freakin' SNES for Easter lol I was lit!

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Oh man, Yars Revenge on the Atari 2600. And my best friend had a Commodore 64 and we’d spend hours and hours playing Winter Games and Beachfront.
Good times!
Ya I’m old!
Report Post Tip

My fondest memories of playing games is my N64, smashing out banjo kazooie for hours on end followed by some Mario karts 64 

When life was eaay

Report Post Tip

I played a lot of different games growing up on a variety of systems from Nintendo 64 to ps4. Some of my favorites include:

Pokemon firered

Pokemon pearl

Pokemon gold and silver

Super smash brawl

Most of the assassin creed series

COD modern warfare

COD blackops

Days gone

Godfather series

Report Post Tip

My most favourite games were The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64 and Champions of Norrath on Playstation 2. I really enjoyed playing Baldur's Gate and Diablo. Feeling nostalgic now.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
Great question.

For me, the greatest hits of my childhood on the N64 would be:

- Ocarina of Time
- Goldeneye
- Perfect Dark
- Ogre Battle 64

So many hours...
Report Post Tip
I had an Amiga. I remember needing floppy disks and games taking forever to load
Report Post Tip

I spent a big fat chunk of my team playing the dynasty warriors games just loved them and eventually read the books

Report Post Tip
Battlefront 1 & 2 were big ones growing up on the ps2, Grand Turismo 3 and the crash bandicoot series were some memorable ones too. Spyro, WWE smack down vs raw series were stand alone’s. The newer WWE games don’t capture the story and creative control they had once offered.

Splinter cells and syphon filters too.
Report Post Tip
I got my first computer in 1985 this was an amstrad 6 128k hard disk drive. Not a lot of choice back then but games like moon buggy and jet set willys adventure. Then I got the Amegs 5 and 6 so game copying and ripping off was huge at school. However, I would probably say the first command an conquer games have to be be the ones I spent the most amount of time as a student playing.
Report Post Tip
Grand theft auto.. from the age of like 7.. my parents weren't aware of what it involved i guess! Also resident evil
Report Post Tip

Alex the kid was great! 

I also used to play .org was the best at the time, but not as good as MR is now!!!

Report Post Tip
I played alot of time crisis at the local arcade place also played medal of honor, resident evil, all the really good classics i probably played
Report Post Tip

Sonic on the gamegear

Mario cart, goldeneye, perfect dark and Zelda on the n64 

smackdown on the playstation

Savage time to be alive for this computer games.

Report Post Tip

PS2 Mostly, Scarface, Smackdown vs Raw, HTC. Big wrestling fan back in the day so it was kind of my thing, along with GTA here and there :D

Report Post Tip

Young bastards!  Jesus!

The first thing I had with games was a Commodore Vic-20.  It had no RAM...at all!  The days when you could get magazines and books with games that you typed in and then ran.  The tape player, where it took many minutes to load a game.

Old days (not going to qualify them as good!!).

Report Post Tip

I played minecraft and Sims as a kid

Report Post Tip
If PC games counts then:
War Craft, Star Craft, Diablo, Delta Force, Counter Strike, Red Alert, Battle Realms, Ragnarok, RF Online, Ran Online, Cabal, Need for Speed,GTA.
Report Post Tip

I remember playing a lot of Nintendo 64 and Gameboy as a kid. For the Nintendo 64 it was a ton of Mario party and for the Gameboy a ton of Tetris and pokemon

Report Post Tip

The first console I ever owned was a Sega and I had Sonic 2 for it. I played that game night and day, it took me like 2 years to get passed the last 3 levels.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What did you play (video games) as a kid?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL