Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 20:48:19
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
What did you play (video games) as a kid? Started by: Arthur on Oct 27, '20 00:09

I started on Sega Genesis, playing Mortal Kombat. I really can't remember any other games I played back then. Ps2 it was NBA live I believe?

Report Post Tip

started playing on the Super Nintendo in the mid-90s, so my big games were super mario world and super mario bros. 3, in addition to a link to the past. 

They continue to be my favorite games to this day. 

Report Post Tip

Don't know what I started out with. I think it was called 'Ants' or something, I'm fairly sure it was on a floppy disc (I guess that means I'm old). Lego Loco, Age of Empires (II) and Rome Total War were perhaps the most definitive gaming experiences of my childhood.

Report Post Tip

I played all kinds of them.  Started out on Atari,  with a great game called pong.  Then worked my way up to tank.  After I caught on to them,  I think Pac Man and Space Invaders were the big ticket.   Yea im old too.  

Report Post Tip

Big fan of Golden Eye and Mario Kart on the 64 but Metal Gear Solid on the PS was my favorite growing up.

Report Post Tip

God, I can't say I have proper memories of that time xD I remember Duck Hunt. Contra. Mario, of course. Dave. Tetris. Roadrash. I think there may have been a Tarzan PC game at some point? Or Lion King? Damn, it feels like centuries ago, to be honest. Oh, and the infamous Snake game on phones deserves an honourable mention :P

Report Post Tip

The original Football Manager...long before Championship Manager came out, never mind the incarnation of FM that's available these days.

Report Post Tip

I loved the first Age Of Empires, I think it's the mainly reason why I'm so into strategy and period games. Absolute classic.

Report Post Tip
I wasn’t allowed to have game systems as a kid so I had to make do with my cousins original Nintendo and eventually N64. Played a lot of Mario and duck hunt.
Report Post Tip

Project Gotham Racing 1. I also played a lot of Def Jam Fight for NY. Tony Hawk later became interesting, before I finally found my favorite game ever - Mafia 1.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Good question, there were no Vid games when I was young, no virtual at that time just real shit like board games and stuff we made up.

Report Post Tip

The first game I ever played was on atari, pong. 
A few years later I got Nintendo 8bit as Xmas gift with five games, Super Mario bros. 3, Lifeforce, Ice Hockey, Manic Mansion and TMNT.
My first PC game that I got to play was Sim City, then I discovered Command & Conquer.

Report Post Tip
I remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade both for the Sega Genesis. Almost seems like a lifetime ago now!
Report Post Tip

I remember playing Kirby on super Nintendo. That was really great game, you could eat enemies, take their powers and it was really big, a lot of different enemies and places to go...

Report Post Tip

Metal Gear Solid 2 will always be the greatest video game Ah my mind I have played it so many times imma go back and play it many more times it is the greatest I think I can ever say

Report Post Tip

I really am glad that I am not the only one in this thread who will mention games like Pac Man, Space Invaders, Frogger and I am prob the only one to know it. but a game that was called 'Gogo the ghost'. It had 150 rooms to make your way through without getting killed.

Like someone else mentioned the magazines and the tapes. Learning to type in hours of stuff just to do something so small such as making a tune. I can even remember to buy games at a pharmacy(did not seem weird at the time) with the money I had earnt from my paper rounds for £1.99! :s

Anyway in my childhood and early teens, I had a Commodore 64 and would try load games up to play as I got ready for school. Nine times out of ten it did not load correctly. I also had an Amstrad Sinclair Spectrum(which was the cooler one!).

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
It might sound totally unoriginal, but I have to say Mario Kart and Zelda. I loved both of those games sooooo much. I’ll forever ❤️ Yoshi.
Report Post Tip

I can't believe I missed a few games like Metal Gear Solid which was an amazing game, Super Mario. They really should consider remaking every metal gear solid. 

Report Post Tip
This is Probably going to make me sound really old, but one of my earliest memories in gaming was playing paperboy on the NES. I used to play that and Mario brothers. Couldn’t wait for Super Mario Brothers 3 to come out. Oh! And the legend of Zelda! Used to play those for hours with friends when I was super little.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

anyone here know harvest moon? that game was epic, also FF 7,8,9, brigandine and much more in PS1.
game boy too, pokemon R G B, and ruby. Gameboy ruined my sleep time so bad.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What did you play (video games) as a kid?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL