Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 04:13:00
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
What did you play (video games) as a kid? Started by: Arthur on Oct 27, '20 00:09

I started on the Atari, but my real substantial memories would come from the Sega. I remember my brother had it on his room, with this old chairs in front of it and we'd play Ayrton Senna racing gaming. Pixel-galore in hindsight, but at the time it felt truly immersive :)

At some point more games came in and platformers like Sonic and Donald got most of my time. I guess for my age the jumping and crouching made a lot of sense and gave me a healthy intro into gaming. I think when we got our first PC and PlayStation, probably around the same time, is when I found stuff a bit more violent and stuff that required a tactical approach. Things like Metal Gear Solid have been very defining for what I like to do in games; action, strategic exploration, goofing around. A game needs to have those ingredients to enjoy multiple playthroughs or truly spending my time on it.

Report Post Tip

Nobody can beat Civilization in my opinion, Sid Meier's collection, Civ 2 gold package, oh man the hours and hours played there

Never got to play the later versions, somehow the simplicity of the 2nd one appealed to me

Report Post Tip

well i play cards , soccer , softball ,  Red Rover this was just a few when i was little

but ones my grandkids play is so much difference since the internet here.

but we all love nerf ball

Report Post Tip

I played the crash bandicoot demo on my playstation 3 lol, it was really nice having to start the game over whenever I stopped playing, because it wouldn't save lol

Report Post Tip

I dont know if anyone remembers but I think it was on NES or SNES or whatever. Kirby :D that fluffy ball that has to inhale enemies to take their power and stuff. I remember it had like 200 levels, bunch of enemies, you could fly, eat the fire elemental and then spit ice and stuff.

Report Post Tip

I played a lot of games on the 64. Zelda ocarina of time was like my first 3d game ever. I also played a lot of texted based games called MUDs (Multer User Dungeons). Had old school stuff like go east, go east, kill dragon...loot corpse, sell x, y z. 

Report Post Tip

Mech warriors was POG when I was really young. I also did BF 1942 for a long time. Honestly I played this as a kid too lol. 

Report Post Tip

The first game I ever loaded on my Commodore 64 was - Monty on the run.

Good times, I still remember a cheat for it as well :)

Report Post Tip

First Console was N64:
Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Yoshi Story

Traded for NES & SNES
NES: Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Jr., Ninja Gaiden, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
SNES: Super Mario Bros 3, F-ZERO, KILLER INSTINCT, Super Bomberman, DOOM.

PSX
NFS 3, Spyro, Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal 1-4

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Bubble Bobble was my jam on nintendo. Also loved the Mario series on nintento and super nintendo.

I remember playing this horse race game on an intellivision but that was a loooong time ago.
Report Post Tip

The Pokémon games plus NFS: Most wanted. I usually don't like racing games but MW is timeless and sooooo great. Then my criminal career began with San Andreas, still regularly play it to this day.

Report Post Tip
Mario, contra, Teenage Mutants.
Prince of Persia, Army of 2, COD MF
Report Post Tip

I remember playing the Atari 2600 (Junior Console) using Donkey Kong and a popeye game. They were trash and it got to the point we had to construct scaffolding to hold the leads in place in the back of the TV or they would disconnect.

You never knew the meaning of having to blow a game until you used one of them...

Ah, the good old days

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

for any one try make 2 d mmo rpg you can code if know what do, make your game why you what, this is old game maker 

https://web.archive.org/web/20150926191040/http://mmorpgmaker.org:80/program-downloads/

Report Post Tip

I'm not a fan of racing games but I used to love playing Road Rash. Starting out with the slow rat bikes and then finally getting those super bikes felt great. I remember how much I hated the pacific highway map but it was fun to kick cops into the water in that map. For a 1991 game, it was pretty decent if you ask me.

Report Post Tip
NHL 93 I think was a classic. Super Nintendo. You could break glass with shots and checks. Wrap around was indefensible.
Report Post Tip

As a kid my favorite system was n64 I use to bing on some golden on tht game was so addictive an being able to hide in the walls was awesome 

Report Post Tip

Ahh let's see Inuyasha (ps2), Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy, Ratchet and Clank, Madden 2005, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario Bros Wii.

Report Post Tip

As a kid I grew up playing Final Fantasy 7 and Legend of Zelda

Final Fantasy 7 probably being my most favourite game ever. And Legend of Zelda Link To The Past being something I grew up playing with my Father. So the nostalgia is real there. 

I also grew up on Pokemon but I solely love Final Fantasy, 7 being my fave, the remake being great too. Then 10, followed by 9 and then maybe 8. 

Final Fantasy 9 I feel is heavily underrated. 

Report Post Tip

Unfortunately one of my fav video games from when I was younger I can't quite remember the name of.

It was on the PlayStation 2 and it was a racing game that had some custom tracks and some real life tracks like Monaco, it wasn't super serious racing as you could destroy other cars but it also wasn't just a flat out demolition derby style. Have not been able to find it or locate anyone who has ever heard of it. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What did you play (video games) as a kid?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL