Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 10:22:47
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 … [ > - >> - >>> ]
What did you play (video games) as a kid? Started by: Arthur on Oct 27, '20 00:09

The Game I grew up playing as a kid was Mortal Combat XD, thats the game that got me introduced to blood and gore genre that I love and admire now a days lol. I walked into an arcade store and saw that the game was there and my cousin was playing it Religiously, so I gave it a shot and I loved it XD. 

Report Post Tip

Another game or game set we played was intellivision, it was a competitor to Atari. Besides some action games, pre-cursor to Elder Scroll sort of stuff, we also played Snafu, which was this snake running around. We'd play tournament style with four guys going for top score. Also, NHL hockey campaign style with a lousy team to win the stanley cup (if we had alot of time)

Fun times

Report Post Tip

best games i played as a kid was crash bandicoot spyrio demolition derby dam those was the days oh good old fifa 98 playing in the hall and school teams was cracking

Report Post Tip
Joust, tanks, pong, Donkey Kong and all the other Atari 2600 games. Man I can't tell you how awesome it was to have a friend rich enough to afford an Atari! I always had rich friends and no toys! Lol
Report Post Tip

When I wasn't losing myself in the N64 world, I was on the PS2 playing my favourites of Resident Evil 4, Tony Hawk's Underground, GTA III, GTA 4: San Andreas, Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This At Home, Backyard Wrestling 2: There Goes The Neighborhood, Def Jam Vendetta, Half-Life, Silent Hill 2 and WWE Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain.

Report Post Tip

Video games weren't even invented I don't think back in the day. I remember finally getting one that that you hit a square ball from one side of the tv to the other with a long line. Think it was called Tennis. Also vaguely remember some kind of skiing game where you slalomed down a course with a stick man lol

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I played outside at every opportunity I got..

Yeah when I was a kid the were no video games. I was outside a lot. Luckily I was on a lake for a lot of my youth. Did lots of things like fishing, swimming and we even had a snowmobile.  

Report Post Tip

I loved playing Tetris on my Game Boy. 

I did try to play it on different platforms since then, but it could never come close to the joy I had playing it on the Game Boy.

Report Post Tip
The first game I ever really got into was Smurfs for Colecovision. But I also really enjoyed River Raid, Frogger, Stampede, Megamania and Sky Diver for the Atari.
Report Post Tip

One game that sticks in my mind as a kid is playing super mario bros on the SNES, that pathed the way for the N64 to come into my life along with Mario 64, possibly the best game ever

Report Post Tip

Old games?
Commander Keen, Corridor 7, Duke Nukem (1,2,3), Doom (1,2, Plutonia, Final Doom), Operation Body Count, Wolf3D, Return To Castle Wolfenstein (Multiplayer was my favorite) , Blake Strone Aliens of Gold, Total Annihilation, Blood (Fresh Supply)

New Games?
Half-Life (All of the other episodes & Expansions), Fallout (3/NV), Counter-strike, Command & Conquer,&nbsp;Fear (1,2,3), Left 4 Dead (1/2),&nbsp;Bioshock (1,2, Infinite), Sig Meyer's Civilizations, Sims (1,2,3) always a classic, TES: Oblivion, and Borderlands (1,2, Pre-Sequel)

oh jesus I'm so old I had the original atari paddles.

i begged and stole the money to buy intelevision, '3d' lol, yeah right but it was amazing. 

I should stop now, i'm showing my age.

Report Post Tip

When I was younger I used to enjoy playing tomb raider, crash bandicoot, mario, sonic the hedgehog.

got older and enjoyed the usual call of dutys etc :)

Report Post Tip

Giving away my age here...but I was on the Atari 2600.  Those games were so easy to master, except Pitfall, where didn't seem to be a way to "win".  I survived until the time ran out many times, I made it all the way through the maze and back to the beginning, but there never seemed to be an "end". If I was missing something, let me know.

Report Post Tip

I started with Red Alert and Age Of Empires when I was a kid, when I grew up I got more into adventure games, like Assassin’s creed, God of War, GTA and Batman.

my most favorite so far is Assassins, I play almost every release of it. 

Report Post Tip

I used to spend a lot of hours in the school computer lab, playing Quake, warcraft 2 and Comand & Conquer. A bunch of used to sneak into he computer lab after the school was over and stay five or six hours and just play.

Oh and also Grand theft auto 1&2

Well manhunt was a big thing when i was a kid....But the one game that sticks out is the one my friends brother taught us. It was called beat. You rolled up magazines, newspapers, just whatever you found and put like electrical tape or duct tape around it to make it as hard as possible. I guess easiest way to describe it is manhunt but when you get found you get beat with their magazine or whatever they have.

Report Post Tip
Cold War was the biggest disappointment I’ve come across since cyberpunk. Feels like they haven’t altered the online since Black ops 1 with how chalky and gritty it feels.
Report Post Tip

I got hooked on Runescape at a very young age. Having English as a second language, it was very tough to find my way around an open-world game like that. I remember examining everything possible and actually learning quite a bit of English through playing that game. I still play it occasionally to this day

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What did you play (video games) as a kid?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL