Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 23:06:10
Page: [ <<< - << - < ] … 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [ > - >>> ]
What did you play (video games) as a kid? Started by: Arthur on Oct 27, '20 00:09

First off, thanks for aging all of us with this post! 

Now that that's out of the way, who remember Legend of Dragoon?  The game that should have been Final Fantasy but just didn't get the traction?

Report Post Tip

I used to play subway surfers when I was a kid, as many of my friends used to do so, but now that are all playing candy crush as they are very busy ppl lol

Report Post Tip

There was this thing where most boys in my elementary school class played (early) Runescape for a while, this was still at a time where not everything was spelled out for you on wikis on the internet yet so we'd tell each other about the new stuff we discovered all the time and discussed how to do certain things effectively etc.

It was kind of like we were slowly figuring out the game together.

I miss that era where multiplayer games still had some unknowns in them, I feel like some great sense of discovery and adventure is lost nowadays since everyone knows all there is to know, everything gets documented in wikis, and everyone expects you to do the most optimal/meta thing at all times.

Or perhaps I'm looking at things through nostalgia-tinted glasses. Who knows.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I played a lot of Pokémon, some Final Fantasy, a little Golden Eye, and probably other fun stuff.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

oh what a memories, i would say i played a lot of different games but one i spent most time was world of warcraft

Report Post Tip

I played a whole lot of games growing up as a kid. My primary games were Grand Theft Auto VC and San Andreas, which in hindsight, is probably not the best game to let a child play. I also played a lot of wrestling games and fighting games.

Mostly game such as Oblivion or Skyrim, which is an oofie considering things, but moreso I was playing games such as wrestling or TNA games, now I write for fun.... dear god I've changed :p

man we played alot of different games back in the day played alot of mortal combat and 007 golden eye on n64 good times good ole split screen days where you and your buddies would constantly accuse each other of "screen watching"

Report Post Tip
I play bunch of games but my favourite still is Super Mario. Still prefer some fighting game.
Report Post Tip

In my adolescent I always found shooters and RPGs so fun .. I love the reimagining of a concept for a game .. These new games today feel so recycled and I need more original thought processes 

Report Post Tip

ohhhhh i played a few,

Laptop and other gaming devices

Nintendo it was cool playing pokemon

Playstation was more Ape Escape, Sypro and Grand Theft which was actually really cool

Sega was of course PacMan and Mario Brothers

Laptop was all the Time Management games i could think of

so overall alot of different games :D

Report Post Tip

I played a lot of fps games like halo (halo reach the best one XP), call of duty, doom, and gears of war to name a few. My favorite game (still is) is Turok. If you dont know what it is, GO PLAY IT. Imagine fighting dinos and people at the same time... Also a lot of stealth in there which is a lot of fun.

Report Post Tip

Super Mario was a big deal but we weren't able to play alot. My mom enjoyed hogging the nintendo and we did a lot of playing outside at the time. Before the internet era.

Report Post Tip
Video games like all forms of gaming are. Waste of human brain energy and make you dull and stupid. I would never have subjected my young and impressionable mind to such violence and degradation as to play a video game. My word are we barbarians! Are we infidels!? Is there no god??!!!
Report Post Tip

back old days i dont have any console or pc to play video games. mostly i played outside with friends. back the day, console and pc are expensive, but i still remember those tapes games and 2D games such as contra when i visit my friends home. 

Report Post Tip

Started off as a kid playing the original NES system, super mario, battle toads and all that stuff. Eventually my parents got me a PS1 and I got super into the final fantasy series. 

Report Post Tip

I played crash.. Pokemon. Soccer.. Forts.. Rqcing games.. Sport games.. Pac-Man.. The 2 d snake game.. Ect. Games back then though were mostly outside.. It was rare thar I played on technology.. Our games were mostly made up adventure fun games for outside. 

Report Post Tip

As  kid i played sonic the hedgehog, madden 93, super kick off all on sega mega drive

Report Post Tip

My first games were Digger, Sokoban, Tapper, Popcorn, Prince of Persia, Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0, Stunts and Blockout.

There were many others, but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Stunts was a great racing game. You could design your own tracks, incuding the shape of the terrain.

Blockout was a 3D tetris game with top-down perspective. Best game ever. I still play it sometimes.

Report Post Tip

As a kid i had a sega mega drive so used to play alex the kidd, sonic the hedgehog and madden football, then when i was 11 i got a playstation with actua soccer and toca rally then moved on to gran turismo and gta 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What did you play (video games) as a kid?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL