Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 17:33:13
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [ > - >>> ]
Do you like the UFC? Started by: Raindrop on Nov 06, '20 13:14

It's fun to put on when you're drinking with your friends on a saturday night. That's about it. 

Report Post Tip
I used to watch it quite a bit years ago. I have a hard time following it now, not sure if it's just that sport is not as interesting or I just don't have the time to keep up.

Used to watch GSP in his glory days.
Report Post Tip

See... This is the strange thing between me and UFC.

I enjoy watching my brother play the game more than I enjoy watching the actual fights. If someone can explain that to me, I'd appreciate it! I know there's a lot of "brain-iacs" on this game.

Report Post Tip

Not really I prefer boxing better. I don't like the grappling and going to the ground much, don't like how they fight barefoot and those gloves they use are ugly. But every now and then there are some huge fights that I'd probably watch. One thing I do like that the UFC does over boxing is that the best fight the best and there is no ducking like there is boxing. Either you fight the guy in front of you or you aren't fighting. 

It really sucks though how they kinda screw over their fighters. Those guys should be getting paid more like Boxers do.

Report Post Tip

okay, okay, everyone has their own tastes so i have to say no, i don't enjoy this sport...way too bloody for me...give me a good boxing match any day over MMA...the console game might be a different matter  ;)

Report Post Tip
I am not really a fan but I watch it time to time with my father, I do love the game version of it though.
Report Post Tip

I love the UFC. Favorite fighter has to be Jorge Masvidal. He is just a monster. Oh and of course Khabib.. This dude is dominant and no one is ever going to stop him. Prove me wrong.

Report Post Tip

Most memorable moment?  Geez - there's a lot.  

The Forrest and Stephan fight comes to mind.  The Chuck/Wandy fight comes to mind.  The Edgar/Maynard fights were pretty epic.  Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen was pretty epic.  There's a lot to pick.

Favourite fighter?  I can't just pick one.  GSP is there for the fact he's canadian and professional.  For all out savagery I guess I'll pick a guy like Joe Lauzon.  Just some barnburners he always found himself in.  For a combination of Technique and success you could never forget a guy like Anderson Silva or Jon Jones.  What they do/did in their primes is pretty spectacular.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I sure do...The UFC was just getting started when I first discovered it.  It was all the rave.  Ungodly monsters duking it out til the end.  It was a brutal sport back then.  No holds barred bare knuckles all out war in the cage.  It has now been modernized with weight classes and a lot more rules.  It's still exciting and I have to say I do enjoy watching the ladies go at it.  I love all the different techniques of martial arts. So, do I love the UFC?  Hell ya! :D

Report Post Tip

No no and no, one of the only sports I don't lie if I am being honest, and can see why some people like it, but it just isn't my jam!

Report Post Tip

yea the show ant no good no more if look back over yrs there was a toument now all bull shit. it will make money  if you had toument, one toument then the show would be more like old days

Report Post Tip
Yeah, but do you think some matches are rigged so that the person with the most clout wins? Some guys just fall from a tap and i get suspicious. Obviously not all but maybe I’ve or two?
Report Post Tip

I do! I recently started following 'The Panther' on socials and I am impressed by the proffecionalism they show inside and outside the ring as an athlete. 

Report Post Tip

Yes especially last Saturday's UFC card was real good especially the title fight of Figueiredo vs Moreno. Moreno really put a great fight making his name known all over the UFC 

Report Post Tip

I do like to watch the UFC bouts. Word is that they are purging the 'stable' so it will be good to see who remains, they should be the more exciting fighters, not the ones falling on each other and looking like amateur night

Report Post Tip
Ufc is quality, fight island has been cool watching all the fights recently has been great to escape from the pandemic, Dana white does great job 👏
Report Post Tip

I love the UFC. My most favorite moments were ANY of Royce Gracie's fights. He was the original great. He is the GOAT. I remember he fought Kimo and won but couldn't continue in the tournament which absolutely killed him. And Kimo came out to the octagon to celebrate that.

Report Post Tip

More of a Boxing fan than UFC. I understand UFC is a compilation of different disciplines and techniques. And thats why its the new 'rage'. 

Call me traditional. But there is something about boxing. To me the mind game, the technique is like half the battle. Boxers, will literally engrain certain moves for rounds, before they establish a KO counter to it. And to me, thats what gets me excited. The whole playing chess in the ring part. 

UFC is more like checkers. Its basically reversals to any move thats pushed against you. Theres no really setting up long term. Everything is fast, quick and over...before you can even enjoy the intricacy of it all. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I do not like the UFC at all. It teaches completely wrong principles about martial arts and young people then also want to copy them. Martial arts are about self defence and using the violence as last resort, not about fighting for fun.

Report Post Tip
well I like UFC only because of mcgregor, he is one of the most entertaining fighter, never like others fighter though, like you can beat him, but you just cant be like mcgregor, he is the best fighter in my oppinion, even if khabib beat him or whatever he still great to me,
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Do you like the UFC?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL